Delay with decending pitch

I achieved something similar assigning the delay modulation to the envelope, so that when I play the pitch stays in tune, and when I stop it drops

use the quad detune. set up the delay times to get the pattern you want. set the feedback mode to summed and turn up the feedback for voice 4 only

set all four detunes to -50

or use the plex detune, which will give you a slightly more complex delay pattern. make sure input diffusion is set to 0%, or turn it up a bit to get ome "smearing" of the delay repeats, like in the original. set the times as you like and set the detunes to -50. pan to taste. use the filter set to lowpass if the repeats are too bright.

the plex sounds better than the pitch block to me.

It's a -1 semitone shift on the left channel and narrower detune like ~30 cents on the right, with individual delays/feedback.

To get exactly what's there I think you'd need a separate dual delay block for the first (unshifted) repeat on each side due to limited routing options in the pitch block. That delay should be the only thing feeding the pitch block. There's also a quieter short ~200 ms slapback type delay on everything. The other delays would be around 400 ms L & 800 ms R into the pitched delays at 600 ms L and 900 ms R. Use a bit of feedback in the dual delay block.

Back
Top Bottom