Def Leppard On Jimmy Kimmel - Off Air Peformance

Ok I take it back! I couldn't see Phil's Axe at all, In fact I couldn't see anything lol

So Viv is using a power amp as well. I couldn't quite make out which cab he was using. Those RJM MMGT's look awesome! Makes me wanna buy one again!

Viv doesn't get on with FRFR and likes a 4x12 behind him for feel, whereas Phi just has the CLR's

I still find it funny that quite by genuine coincident the guy who got me into playing, Phil Collen, uses the same backline as me

Viv doesn't get on with FRFR and likes a 4x12 behind him for feel, whereas Phi just has the CLR's

I still find it funny that quite by genuine coincident the guy who got me into playing, Phil Collen, uses the same backline as me
They have in ears… so it must be the air

Got to watch this. Boston/Def Leppard same guitar tone

l

Excellent - not sure if anyone caught Brett's vid on the Goat Distortion Generator pedal a few days ago - nice to see a Rockman Rig clone pedal finally getting finalized in terms of wider availability.

Naysayer's - no post prod./raw sound - pretty damn good inmho......mix was not perfect, but its a late night show appearance!

I love Def Leopard, but man that was painful to watch. A bunch of old guys trying to look cool in front of an old audience just doesn't do anything for me, even their posing didn't have any energy ...singing was terrible.

That vid reminded me of why I enjoy watching David Gilmour so much. He seems to have embraced 'the passage of time' (to borrow that phrase from Camilla Harris :p )
Jeans n T shirt.....kick ass.

Last edited:
I love def Leopard, but man that was painful to watch. A bunch of old guys trying to look cool in front of an old audience just doesn't do anything for me, even their posing didn't have any energy ...singing was terrible.

That vid reminded me of why I enjoy watching David Gilmour so much. He seems to have embraced 'the passage of time' (to borrow that phrase from Camilla Harris :p )
Jeans n T shirt.....kick ass.
Rock of Ageing

Most ppl see racks of Axe Fx III's and I'm seeing the birth of Skynet
Arnold Schwarzenegger Film GIF by Tech Noir
Na, that mechanical hand is practicing a sweep arpeggio shape... could easily bring down skynet. :)

Woah, when did Martha Stewart start singing for them?! ;)

I shamed my eldest the other day when she was saying "learning Piano is too hard!" I think Hysteria was playing in the car at the time and I asked her if the drummer was good, to which she said "Yes" and then I said, "well he's doing that with one arm! and told her the story. A genuine moment of understanding.

Love a bit of the Leppard.

Ugh. The haters on here... Was a great performance 🤷‍♂️ These guys arent 25. And I think what they are doing now is better than 90% of what modern "artists" can do. Most of them dont even play instruments ffs.

Now onto the real topic. Im pretty sure Ricks bass rig is also Fractal. Sounded great! Almost synthetic its so perfect.

Will agree the guitars are a bit gainy for my tastes, but I think Im in the .01% that would even notice or know what that means. Doesnt detract from the show.

Sounded just like Def Leppard and bloody good to my ears. They're still up there and doing it to an incredibly high standard at an age where many people have retired. Respect.

Also love that matt black Jackson too

Phil's tone lacks punch - not good to my ear. I've heard way better Axe tones on this forum. His Sustainer thing doesn't sound natural at all either but that doesn't have anything to do with the Axe

Viv's tone is good. Sounds pretty right

Overall, it sounds like a board mix - those never sound like it does in the room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom