Dad Jokes

Q: Why is a ski trip a bad idea?

A: They may start fine, but they always go downhill.
Once I was offered a ride up to Stowe and Burlington VT on a ski trip...they said I was going to be the guinea pig, so I left and drove over to New Hamster instead.

My friend broke his leg skiing once, nearly died because MRSA set in...they salvaged the leg and got rid of the infection...but now he doesn't run or throw stuff anymore like he did when he was younger; his new job includes passing the time typing reports at his keyboard via the "hunt and peck" method.

I commiserate, but tell him that without him, his family would be living out of a run-down house on a dirt road, while raising 3-legged chickens that he couldn't catch. He's well-traveled, and eats only the finest food possible. When I described a meal I had thought to prepare for him once, he said, "It all sounds very wonderful, but I really only wanted crackers and cheese."

Thought to myself at the time: "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

We laughed and then realized we were like old women telling tales out of school. Ah, good times.

Last edited:
Noticed today that sitting in my car on a cold day requires a certain amount of running the engine so the car will warm up (read: defrost the windshield). While I detest wasting fuel, I've no other choice except use a scraper to get rid of the excess exterior ice, and the car's defroster to get rid of the inside frost buildup.

Somewhere in the old fart manual it says, "Idling your vehicle will allow it to warm, but does not conserve fuel."

Is there an alternative to trying to get rid of the interior frost via the car's defroster? Or must the village idiot be forced to idle his vehicle?

P.S. Am not new at this. 'New' implies being born yesterday. Was not born yesterday. Also did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom