Crackling noise when I play... [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact support. The Axe FX is the industry standard for quality and Fractal is the music industry standard for great customer support and customer relations. The main guys post and communicate with us at 1am if necessary to support the product. There's no reason why you should have crackle unless you are at 95% cpu and connected with USB and trying to record something into a DAW. Something is amiss.

Yeh no worries, ill contact them.

Thanks for your help.

I have found previous patches from the previous user cracking 80 CPU and about 20 presets like that.

Have you heard this noise while using your rig at other locations? Maybe the power in ypu neighborhood is dirty and noisy, and if you plugged in somewhere else, you wouldnt have the crackle? In which case, you'd need a power purifier for home.

You have interference getting into your guitar. If you completely turn off your noise gate, you'll hear the noise constantly. You're running with a ton of gain, and that's going to make it more sensitive to noise. Also, it looks like you've got the Level on your Drive set insanely high.

You need to find the source by turning things off in the room until the noise goes away. It looks like you and your Axe are surrounded by computer and other gear. That might be part of the problem. It sounds a lot like my rig sounds when I'm running with high gain and my curly florescent lights are turned on.

In addition to what Rex had stated, you mention that this happens with ALL of your amp modelers. That is your common denominator when isolating issues like this. At this point everything comes in to play: input array, cables (quality/length), power conditioning, over saturation of effects/drive (Rex mentioned), overall power of your room.

What I would do is pull out you AFX Ultra from that room & bring it over to your friends house with some studio monitors. Delete your preset completely wipe it out and put a Distortion > Amp > Cab (3 only) blocks together to test and see if it still occurs.

If it is occurring for all electronics in the room, I doubt it is the electronics causing the issue. Thoughts?

Locking this thread. This has too many people with too many different issues. If you still have have an issue you think is a bug, you can post again. If it is not a bug with axe-fx, please post in the appropriate forum.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom