Countdown

Where are you seeing that? I only see the MFC on the floor?

Just read what the guy has wrotten. It's not in the picture unfortunatly.
NGD: Axe-Fx Ultra, straight from the man himself

I just read again, and the comment has been replaced by this "(removed to stop the rumor mill, haha)"

The original text was :
"looks slick as hell, is built like a tank and has gobs of buttons and a big LCD screen on it. Theoretically, it looks like you could either play a game of soccer with it or serve Cognac off of it, "

Last edited:
You know, I don't have a whole lot to say about those pics, other than the fact that cliff looks a lot younger and hipper than I imagined.

TBH I always pictured Cliff to look a lot like Bob Taylor or Bob Bradshaw. Either that or he is a super intelligent cyborg (which is why pictures of him aren't anywhere around.) lol

Last edited:
Just read what the guy has wrotten. It's not in the picture unfortunatly.
NGD: Axe-Fx Ultra, straight from the man himself

I just read again, and the comment has been replaced by this "(removed to stop the rumor mill, haha)"

The original text was :
"looks slick as hell, is built like a tank and has gobs of buttons and a big LCD screen on it. Theoretically, it looks like you could either play a game of soccer with it or serve Cognac off of it, "

Thanks for the update... yeah, I saw that as well... looks like he took down the "smoking gun" pic a while back.

so based on a fw things read here and elsewhere, my prediction:

1) A floorboard Axe model without all the features as any of the racked Axes, priced accordingly (approx $800)
2) Official release of AXE-EDIT (full featured)
3) A new FIRMWARE (11.0....hopefully)
4) Ultras and Standards back in stock

All in all, this would merit a countdown....no?

I don't know jack about marketing.

I doubt it's a new AxeFX variant - why would they announce it here? 99.999% of the people here already have one of your products. Announcing a new unit here would likely frustrate more existing customers than attract new ones (unless they offer a really compelling trade-in / upgrade option. I won't hold my breath).

Seems a little over-the-top for a firmware release, but then it could be A Really Big Deal. That'd be cool. Maybe I'm not that imaginative but I can't think of anything I wish it would do that it doesn't do already (names for user cab IRs, that's about it).

AxeEdit finally coming out of beta? Maybe. That's my #1 request to FAS - is to fix and update AxeEdit.

MFC related? Could happen. My #2 request to FAS is to add MIDI Merge to the MFC or the Axe - wherever it makes the most sense.

Methinks this also! cliff , what a teaser

Me too.

The Axe and it's Fractal peripherals are already great products and I imagine it's already a handful to deal with all that hardware in a production atmosphere. I don't how many people work for Cliff but supporting another hardware product this soon after the foot controller just came out doesn't make sense.
I could be wrong of course.

Back
Top Bottom