Countdown 0.5...

probably all playing the beta firmware rofl

Yeah, it's interesting to note who *isn't* posting on this thread. From what I can tell, though, it sounds like they got a lot of good people to do beta testing.

My personal hope is that Jay is working with them on some new IRs... the one he offered us recently for his Brownface patch was outstanding.

Has anyone actually picked up their guitar in the last couple of days..i looked at my Jem..once..

Mark good to see another Irish man at his computer at Midnight GMT....I am actually sitting here Les Paul in hand through the Marsha Sim. I dont know why I am doing this to myself though. I havent a penny to my name

the g66 site looks to be down too.......... whats going on there?

In my opinion nobody's gonna get screwed over. Even if it is a new product, it may at least free up availability of the existing line, and so there may be a chance for me to snag a second hand ultra finally (im currently with a standard)

The existing axe-fx line is still just as good as stated in all the raving reviews that had appeared on this forum on a regular basis prior to this countdown. Hey does this sound familiar:

"Oh thank you so much fractal, now you have cured my GAS forever"
We, the spoilt fractal community have proven without doubt that there is no known cure for GAS!

I'm really excited about the release, even though I cant justify to my wife spending any more on new hardware (if that is the case). But I dont think there is any need to be skittish about the fate of the axe fx until we know for certain. There is still an online wishlist, and we know for certain there will be at least one more future firmware update (i.e. because we know about the upcoming modded plexi sim to be included in that).

Anyway, even if you are disappointed with what tomorrow brings, just think twice about posting anything nasty. Remember that 2 weeks ago, you were probably extatic and well-satisfied with what you had.

However, my feeling instead is that we will see the return of the "i love you cliff" posts en masse!!!!

fingers crossed!!

Worked on a nice tweaked Brown amp today. Also tried to copy my MXR EVH Flanger settings/sounds to the Axe FX flanger. Getting fairly close. Spent so long on it I missed the Man U vs Chelsea match!!

what if cliff calls in sick tomorrow? :lol

seriously, though... thank you to cliff for the thrill of this countdown. i guess we'll find out tomorrow if it's a cheap thrill or not...

I won't be disappointed no matter what it is because I am happy as heck now and after 2+ years I am finding new things everyday. Just a great journey with no end in sight! :)

Mark good to see another Irish man at his computer at Midnight GMT....I am actually sitting here Les Paul in hand through the Marsha Sim. I dont know why I am doing this to myself though. I havent a penny to my name

It's even worse..i'm an Englishman sat in Buncrana, the a**e end of nowhere and i'm up in 5 hours for work..must turn off Macbook...somehow...:eek:ops

It must be a new and better HARDWARE solution that is revealed tomorrow. Anything less than a new processor would be a disappointment after this kind of hype / countdown.
Maybe time to upgrade....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom