Wish Control CS with MIDI (In)

MrPond

Experienced
Like discussed here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/trigger-control-switch-from-midi-cc.171362/ it would be great to have the possibility to control CS (1-6) also with MIDI.
I have control switches to control a few things on the fly and my setup is generally build to use it manually but also with MIDI.
You can almost control everything through MIDI, but sadly not CS states ...
Right now, we can send MIDI (on/off) values with each hit, so i think its logical to extend control switches to recieve MIDI data (on/off states of CS)

So long,
Niklas

Last edited:
As mentioned in a couple other threads, MIDI Stand-In switches would satisfy this wish and several other wishes. With a MIDI Stand-In switch, we could use MIDI CC to
  • toggle a Control Switch
  • change Layouts and Views
  • perform per-preset functions
  • reveal the hold functions of the onboard switches or a connected FC
  • access special footswitch functions like Scene Toggle, Channel Select Smart Bypass, Preset Toggle in Bank, and the wrapping limit parameters of Increment/Decrement functions (which could apply to banks, presets, scenes, channels, layouts or views). Some of this is technically possible to achieve with standard MIDI CC control but you have to do a lot of manual programming on the transmitting device (assuming it’s capable). With the use of MIDI Stand-In switches, the programming mostly stays in the FM3/Axe3.
I’ll +1 it either way as I’m happy to take any additional MIDI controllability.

As mentioned in a couple other threads, MIDI Stand-In switches would satisfy this wish and several other wishes. With a MIDI Stand-In switch, we could use MIDI CC to
  • toggle a Control Switch
  • change Layouts and Views
  • perform per-preset functions
  • reveal the hold functions of the onboard switches or a connected FC
  • access special footswitch functions like Scene Toggle, Channel Select Smart Bypass, Preset Toggle in Bank, and the wrapping limit parameters of Increment/Decrement functions (which could apply to banks, presets, scenes, channels, layouts or views). Some of this is technically possible to achieve with standard MIDI CC control but you have to do a lot of manual programming on the transmitting device (assuming it’s capable). With the use of MIDI Stand-In switches, the programming mostly stays in the FM3/Axe3.
I’ll +1 it either way as I’m happy to take any additional MIDI controllability.

That would be SO huge :eek: ...

+1 for this. i'd like to make a little "stand in" midi controller on my ipad using lemur, so if i want to travel really light to a jam or a lesson and i don't need to access stuff with my feet. i don't need to take the FC-12

+1 (or +1000 :D)

Or mayby do next table in Setup>Midi/Remote, when we can connect/link CS (1..6) with ExternalSwitch (1..16).

(And ExternalSwitch still can be connected to MIDI CC, that this link shoud work: MIDI CC in > ExternalSwitch.X >ControlSwitch.Y)

I would be surprised if they were, since it improves the competition to their FC controllers.
I fear you have a point here - although I think that quality and the fact that Fractals own FCs will keep their leading position due to being better integrated (power and display wise)

When I got the FM3 last fall there was basically no gigs due to corona - starting spring this year we've done quite a few. The more I gig with my (specific) FM3 setup I miss this feature, as I do control 95% of preset and scene switching via midi from my lyrics app, which I find super convenient. Being able to control CS with Midi would make that setup 100% enjoyable, as it would allow to control e.g. virtual capo or similar "subtleties" per song instead of duplicating scenes or presets to achieve the same :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom