Wish Control CS with MIDI (In)

Like discussed here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/trigger-control-switch-from-midi-cc.171362/ it would be great to have the possibility to control CS (1-6) also with MIDI.
I have control switches to control a few things on the fly and my setup is generally build to use it manually but also with MIDI.
You can almost control everything through MIDI, but sadly not CS states ...
Right now, we can send MIDI (on/off) values with each hit, so i think its logical to extend control switches to recieve MIDI data (on/off states of CS)

So long,
Niklas
Just a thought as I need to try it. But if you set one switch of your midi controller as latching (127 for on, and 0 for Off state) and then assign it to external controller number 2 as an example (External controller 1 is for me my midi expression pedal).
Then you can assign this external controller to the parameter you want to toggle (example Input Boost in the preamp section in amp block).
So basically the External controller using your midi CC defined for it will see only 2 values 127 and 0, and will act as the CS switch.
I tested it and it works well, but maybe more limited than CS switch (need to work more on this to see) as you cannot define it per scenes (On/OFF,LAST).
Again just my 2 cents.

Just a thought as I need to try it. But if you set one switch of your midi controller as latching (127 for on, and 0 for Off state) and then assign it to external controller number 2 as an example (External controller 1 is for me my midi expression pedal).
Then you can assign this external controller to the parameter you want to toggle (example Input Boost in the preamp section in amp block).
So basically the External controller using your midi CC defined for it will see only 2 values 127 and 0, and will act as the CS switch.
I tested it and it works well, but maybe more limited than CS switch (need to work more on this to see) as you cannot define it per scenes (On/OFF,LAST).
Again just my 2 cents.

I don't use a MIDI controller - my setup is FM3 and Ableton Live.
You are right - you could setup like you mentioned, but this would require (always) a MIDI configuration.
My setup needs to work with and without a computer (and a MIDI loop), your use case needs a midi route to send MIDI to it's own unit.

Back
Top Bottom