Connecting the Axe Fx to your computer

Im trying to do this by using a m audio midi port uno. I have the usb end in the computer and the midi end into the back of the axe fx. The axe EDIT isnt picking up any hardware though. How do I load patches onto the axe fx without having to manually do it every single time?

And if youre in the los angeles area, I will PAY YOU to come to my studio and get things going for me. Yes, I will pay you cash to do something that is probably so obvious that Im just not getting. PM me if you are open to that idea

Im trying to do this by using a m audio midi port uno. I have the usb end in the computer and the midi end into the back of the axe fx. The axe EDIT isnt picking up any hardware though. How do I load patches onto the axe fx without having to manually do it every single time?
OK.. you need to make sure that BOTH midi connectors on the UNO are hooked into the Axe - IN and OUT. Make sure you have the right one in the correct slot as the labels on the UNO jacks can be misleading.
The UNO midi connector labeled "To midi in" connects to the MIDI IN on the Axe. The other connects to the MIDI OUT on the Axe.
Start AexEdit and go to the Settings, MIDI settings menu. Make sure you have the "USB Uno MIDI Interface" selected as the MIDI Input: and MIDI Output: values.
Click the Test Connection button bottom left and it should connect.
Once connected, you can native thru the patches using drop list to the left of the A000

Last edited:
So does that mean you got the Uno to work?

I am thinking about using the Uno, but there are some threads that say that it may or may not work. The MidiSport 2x2 is a better choice.

Does the Uno work without too much trouble?

I am thinking about using the Uno, but there are some threads that say that it may or may not work. The MidiSport 2x2 is a better choice.

Does the Uno work without too much trouble?
The Uno has been known to have problems when loading Axe-FX firmware. That's mentioned in the release notes. I don't know what the problems are or how frequently they show up.

I am am trying to get my Ultra to connect to Axe edit, but my midisport 2x2 is not showing up in the drop down menu in midi settings tab. I am able to get a test signal from my mac G5 to the midisport, and also shows up on the Ultra...but cannot make the connection in Axe edit. Any ideas would be helpful...

OK.. you need to make sure that BOTH midi connectors on the UNO are hooked into the Axe - IN and OUT. Make sure you have the right one in the correct slot as the labels on the UNO jacks can be misleading.
The UNO midi connector labeled "To midi in" connects to the MIDI IN on the Axe. The other connects to the MIDI OUT on the Axe.
Start AexEdit and go to the Settings, MIDI settings menu. Make sure you have the "USB Uno MIDI Interface" selected as the MIDI Input: and MIDI Output: values.
Once connected, you can native thru the patches using drop list to the left of the A000

i did everything sOc9 said and can't get a connection with the M-audio midisport uno and the axe-fx ....i have firmware 5.15, and can't update the firmware because i can't get a connection......anyone please....any advise?

i did everything sOc9 said and can't get a connection with the M-audio midisport uno and the axe-fx ....i have firmware 5.15, and can't update the firmware because i can't get a connection......anyone please....any advise?

it should be possible to update the firmware without AxeEdit.
connect the unit correctly (MIDI out of the interface to MIDI in of the Axe and vice versa)
on the Axe go to 'utility' all the way to the right (Page buttons) it should say Firmware, press enter and dump the firmware with a SysEx tool like this one:
http://www.elektron.se/support-and-downloads (scroll all the way down)

somebody should confirm this before you try, I never did it this way.

Yes, various sysex tools can work and (with anything else, not Axe-Edit) you only need one MIDI cable for a firmware update.

i am also using the uno and having a similar problem, i tried following your steps, but i dont see "values" in the MIDI output dropdown... any idea what i could do to remedy this?

It sounds like your computer isn't aware of the Uno's existence. You may need to install (or reinstall) the driver.

well, it's showing up fine in the Midi input dropdown, so im not sure. i guess i'll re-install the drivers just to double check!

Let us know how it goes. The driver seems like the most likely culprit, if the computer can see the input side but not the output side.

Hi to everyone!

I bought the Midisport Uno, to run my Axe Fx Ultra. I have a MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2012) with OS X El Capitan (10.11.2). All the drivers needed are installed.
I wanted to install the Uno, so I put the cd, but at s
ome point appears this error:

"The file "/Volumes/M-Audio USB MIDI Support 3.2.2/M-Audio USB MIDI Support.pkg" cannot be opened (-43)."

All the drivers are ok, I verified all of them with Disk Utility. I try the installation with and without the Midisport Uno plugged into my macbook.
With Audio/Midi in Utility I found that the computer recognize the Uno... So I started Axe Edit, went to settings>Audio/midi settings, set the the Uno as Midi Input and Midi Output, but the status remain "Not Connected".

My Axe midi setting (I/O > MIDI) are:
-midi Channel OMNI
-prog change ON
-mapping mode NONE
-map from 0
-map to 0
-sysex id 00 01 74
-display offset 1
-ignore redundant pc OFF
-send realtime sysex ALL
-midi pc offset 0

Here some image of what I talk about..

Schermata 2016-01-02 alle 12.52.48.png Schermata 2016-01-02 alle 12.52.31.png Schermata 2016-01-01 alle 23.06.08.png

What I have to do?

The latest driver on the M-Audio site is 3.5.3, but this doesn't show up for OS X versions beyond 10.10.1 here: http://www.m-audio.com/support/drivers-search

I would uninstall the older driver, then see if it works without installing another. If not, install 3.5.3 and try again.

http://www.m-audio.com/support/download/drivers/midi-usb-driver-v3.5.3-mac1

Additional checklist:

Are you connected to the Ultra In and Out ports? (Not thru)

Does the Ultra MIDI In LED show any activity during when trying Axe-Edit?

If not, have you tried swapping In & Out cables? Sometimes the labeling might be opposite of expected.

Back
Top Bottom