Connecting Axe-FX to computer via Bluetooth

What happened here?
The OP asks a simple question if something is possible, and people start acting all sarcastic on him?

Hell, i dont Think i want to ask something at this forum if this is the way we are supposed to act?
You´re not really helping out at all.

+1..

What happened here?
The OP asks a simple question if something is possible, and people start acting all sarcastic on him?

Hell, i dont Think i want to ask something at this forum if this is the way we are supposed to act?

People don't seem that care about the answer.

It is not possible at this time. Just because it says USB on the back, doesn't mean you can plug in anything into it and will work.
You need its driver to be installed on the device you are hooking it up to (AXE-FX), just like when you need to install it on your PC.

1, there is no Axe-Fx / bluetooth driver for any usb device
2, even if someone wrote one, there is no way to install it, yet.

My answer was:
"Yes, just install the Bluetooth driver on the Axe-Fx."

Which you can take it as sarcasm, but actually it is the truth.

Yet, people keep posting USB wireless devices and wouldn't not give up the hope, that from some magical accident it would just work.

What do you suggest to do? Should we just keep posting links to USB devices?

Who knows something maybe in the future (Axe Fx III perhaps) it would be nice feature
It's been on my wish list for a while

John

How would you do this? Thanks for any hints...

I have been using VNC with Axe-Edit for 4 years now. There are many versions of VNC available like Tight VNC ( http://www.tightvnc.com/ ) Real VNC ( Remote access & control software for desktop & mobile platforms - RealVNC ) etc.
The server goes on your laptop connected to the AXE and you can run the client off another device. Both wired and wirelessly.

This gives me access to the laptop hooked up to my Axe from desktop to iphone.

VNC has made it part of my toolbox for 20+ years and a goto method of controlling any one computer with something else with a GUI. Windows, Unix, BSD, whatever.

Defeats the purpose. I want to connect the Axe-FX (cable free) to my computer with the use of an adapter or dongle.

I wonder if this would work

USB 2 0 B 100M 2 4G Bluetooth Dongle V2 EDR Adapter PC | eBay

No it won't work.

Cliff and/or his team (or 3rd party) would need to write a blue-tooth software protocol stack + bluetooth class driver to run in the axe-fx itself (hence levipeto original post), not to mention the Axe-FX has a USB port B (i.e. a USB client not a USB host device)

Thanks for clarifying.

No it won't work.

Cliff and/or his team (or 3rd party) would need to write a blue-tooth software protocol stack + bluetooth class driver to run in the axe-fx itself (hence levipeto original post), not to mention the Axe-FX has a USB port B (i.e. a USB client not a USB host device)

There are some wireless midi devices that may help someday, the Midi Jet Pro looks interesting but is too pricy to bother testing to see if it would work with an Axe and iPad (iPad end could be troublesome). Midi Jet Pro might work for Axe to OSX or PC.

M-Audio and CME have tried wireless midi devices but it looked like they were not a success.

Lots of talk in the Rasberry PI and Arduino communities about MIDI and Bluetooth - maybe the future will come from these guys.

Hopefully we will soon have a wireless midi device (wifi or Bluetooth) to plug into the Axe's midi ports which can communicate with an app on an IOS device, OSX and PCs.

Last edited:
There are some wireless midi devices that may help someday, the Midi Jet Pro looks interesting but is too pricy to bother testing to see if it would work with an Axe and iPad (iPad end could be troublesome). Midi Jet Pro might work for Axe to OSX or PC.

M-Audio and CME have tried wireless midi devices but it looked like they were not a success.

Lots of talk in the Rasberry PI and Arduino communities about MIDI and Bluetooth - maybe the future will come from these guys.

Hopefully we will soon have a wireless midi device (wifi or Bluetooth) to plug into the Axe's midi ports which can communicate with an app on an IOS device, OSX and PCs.

Even creating you own Axe-FX portable private Wifi network would be cool with something like an Airport Express.

At home connect to your computer -- at a gig connect to your MFC without any cables.

You can sit the Airport Express on top of the Axe-FX and connect the Axe-FX via USB to it so the Axe-FX can communicate with any computer and MFC that is logged into the private network.

Extreme coolness with endless possibilities.

Even creating you own Axe-FX portable private Wifi network would be cool with something like an Airport Express.

At home connect to your computer -- at a gig connect to your MFC without any cables.

You can sit the Airport Express on top of the Axe-FX and connect the Axe-FX via USB to it so the Axe-FX can communicate with any computer and MFC that is logged into the private network.

Extreme coolness with endless possibilities.

All wireless would be handy but your mfc does need power to work....

And the mfc on AA batteries is not the answer for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened here?

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the OP was being sarcastic when he asked the question! LOL. :D

Back
Top Bottom