Connecting Axe-FX to computer via Bluetooth

On the other hand, a wireless MFC with rechargeable batteries might be just the ticket.

To have the possibility to be wireless, rechargable and with cat5 cable would be cool..... But i rather not depent in batteries only in a live situation.

Just like my iPad, i always plug it in while using it on stage.
I know, it is all in my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened here?
The OP asks a simple question if something is possible, and people start acting all sarcastic on him?

Hell, i dont Think i want to ask something at this forum if this is the way we are supposed to act?
You´re not really helping out at all.

Don't worry about it -- ask away!!!!

Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty said it best "... clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right .. here I am stuck in the middle with you..."

Last edited:
Has anybody tried this?

I am wondering if this would work.

Connect a Bluetooth adapter to the USB port on the Axe-FX and then use Axe-Edit on your Bluetooth enabled computer.

Wish and Wait for the AxeIII. How about a CAT5 ethernet (good for 100m) so FOH can tweak your tone with AE as you play live?

To use Axe-Edit wirelessly just use two laptops, or a laptop and an iPad.

It works great.

So Axe-Edit is running on both the laptop and an iPad or just the laptop and the iPad is receiving edits via bluetooth?

What is the iPad app?

What happened here?
The OP asks a simple question if something is possible, and people start acting all sarcastic on him?

Hell, i dont Think i want to ask something at this forum if this is the way we are supposed to act?

Good point spunfuz! Over the last year, I've seen too much of that. I makes me tend to back-off and refrain from making a reply or starting a new thread.

re: Originally Posted by spufuz View Post

What happened here?

I agree. It's a good thing Cliff and his crew, when wondering 10 years ago (or whenever the seeds were first planted) about the possibility of having access to every amazing sounding amp, cab, and effect in a 2 U box, didn't get this reaction, and if they did, didn't pay any attention.

Last edited:
What happened here?

there is history with the OP and other people on this and any forum and just as with any community, online or not.

so don't worry about yourself :)

On the other hand, a wireless MFC with rechargeable batteries might be just the ticket.
Been using stompboxes and effect boards with rechargable batteries for years and ended up always using a power supply. Batteries are just never a good solution to anything - not only for environmental reasons.

And I love the idea that the MFC is powered directly through the Axe via ethernet. It's just so convenient and ethernet cables are not only long, but also cheap as hell. Cheaper than a set of batteries.

Last edited:
Batteries are just never a good solution to anything - not only for environmental reasons.
It might be worth your while to check out modern NiMH rechargeables. The newer LSD (low self-discharge) ones hold a charge on the shelf for a couple of years and are pretty immune to changes in cycle depth. You can top them off at will without shortening their life. I'd seriously consider them for a foot controller if MIDI were run wireless.

The truth is, my Roland FC-200 has batteries that I use for backup. The pedal still runs when the barrel connector gets yanked out.

Looks like Liquid Foot is going wireless and without a power cord.

got to around 9:12 on video and you see he is controlling the AF2 wirelessly

Does not explain how he is doing it -- says it is a surprise

But based on the new logos on his website -- I would guess Bluetooth.

So it looks like somebody is moving in that direction after all.

So what say you my fellow naysayers?
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

popcorn.gif

Good for him(Jeff), but we will have wireless pocket AXE-FX before you get that product (or any other from famc) in your hands.

Good for him(Jeff), but we will have wireless pocket AXE-FX before you get that product (or any other from famc) in your hands.

1st naysayer response :lol

I am assuming you have no issues with folks waiting for months at a time for an Atomic CLR or for the MFC for that matter?

I placed my order for a Jr today (1/11/14).

Lets see when I get it.

What is the unit under the axe? I bet that is what is receiving the commands and is connected Via midi to the axe fx.

Found this on their site.

"2 expansion ports are compatible with all LF+ midi controllers and will provide power and MIDI IN/OUT processing. LR products will act as a midi merge and allow LF+ controllers to access a MIDI rig through the Liquid Router.

USB port is available for use with a software editor available for both Mac and PC.

Midi ports allow phantom power, as well as midi-thru and standard midi IN and OUT functions."

1st naysayer response :lol

I am assuming you have no issues with folks waiting for months at a time for an Atomic CLR or for the MFC for that matter?

I placed my order for a Jr today (1/11/14).

Lets see when I get it.

So you bought a device looking for wireless capability but the manufacturer is keeping the details a secret? Is that correct?

You bought it and don't even know if it does what you want it to?

popcorn.gif

There are no Bluetooth logos on his website. Where did you see Bluetooth ?

So you bought a device looking for wireless capability but the manufacturer is keeping the details a secret? Is that correct?

You bought it and don't even know if it does what you want it to?

Actually no -- I was planning on switching to the Jr anyway. The MFC is too much for my needs.

The wireless was just the icing on the cake.

Hopefully whatever the add-on is - it will be incorporated into the new unit when it ships -- if not I will buy the add-on when available.

Either way I was planning to buy a LF+Jr.

Any more snide remarks?

Last edited:
Actually no -- I was planning on switching to the Jr anyway. The MFC is too much for my needs.

The wireless was just the icing on the cake.

Hopefully whatever the add-on is - it will be incorporated into the new unit when it ships -- if not I will buy the add-on when available.

Either way I was planning to buy a LF+Jr.

Any more snide remarks?

You find my questions snide?

There is no inflection in text, you have fabricated that. Grow up, you're an old man, I've been to your site and seen your photo.

I was just shocked as it seems that this was exactly what you did, I see it is not.

I am asking so many questions because I am curious about wireless control, that's pretty much it. I went to their site to investigate and could not find anything . Thanks for the details on the possible add on unit.

Back
Top Bottom