Connecting Axe-FX to computer via Bluetooth

LVC

Fractal Fanatic
Has anybody tried this?

I am wondering if this would work.

Connect a Bluetooth adapter to the USB port on the Axe-FX and then use Axe-Edit on your Bluetooth enabled computer.

Last edited:
What are you hoping to achieve? Anything BT is probably going to introduce unwanted latency for most guitar related applications.

Has anybody tried this?

I am wondering if this would work.

Connect a Bluetooth adaptor to the USB port on the Axe-FX and then use Axe-Edit on your Bluetooth enabled computer.

Great idea. I bet it would work just fine, as long as you stay within the range of the Bluetooth signal (20-25 feet or so).

What are you hoping to achieve? Anything BT is probably going to introduce unwanted latency for most guitar related applications.

Basically to use at home with Axe-Edit -- not recording.

In other words instead of having a USB cable connecting my Axe running across the the room to use Axe-Edit -- I can just use Axe-Edit wirelessly.

So I do not see why if there is any latency it would be an issue.

Hmmm... Laz, I'm not having any luck finding a USB type B connector (for the Axe-Fx end) that is Bluetooth capable. Have you found one that you had in mind to try?

Once it's done, you can also attach a Bluetooth headset to your acoustic guitar and no wires required anymore. Maybe even a bluetooth 1.4" jack for your guitar.

If I could pair the Axe-Fx to my car, that would be awesome.

Uhh ohh, paired with phone, Axe-Fx could speed-dial M@, when I need help!!!

Dude are you auditioning for SNL?

If so .. bro ... I am sorry to say it is an epic fail!

Once it's done, you can also attach a Bluetooth headset to your acoustic guitar and no wires required anymore. Maybe even a bluetooth 1.4" jack for your guitar.

If I could pair the Axe-Fx to my car, that would be awesome.

Uhh ohh, paired with phone, Axe-Fx could speed-dial M@, when I need help!!!

"Lol..."

To use Axe-Edit wirelessly just use two laptops, or a laptop and an iPad.

It works great.

To use Axe-Edit wirelessly just use two laptops, or a laptop and an iPad. It works great.

Yep. Ipad is your friend here. You could also use the Lemur template which is amazing. People are talking about updating the template which is a little out of date, but still works with a few things missing. I think it would be cool if Fractal updated it themselves, but they may be maxed out just dealing with Axe Edit and not want to deal with something requiring a $50 purchase and an Ipad.

Back
Top Bottom