Coming Soon

We did see a not to bad sounding modeler pedal called Amplifire , but can't compare to the Fx8 specs.....

Hi guys. I had an FX8 there at NAMM but most of my demos where done in a private room in the Marriott for the Antares company. I only got the fx 8 inside the NAMM build once.

I'm really diyng, waiting to see the FX8 in the shops…
I come here in the forum many times each day hoping to see news… it's like a drug, ahaha :)
I wish Fractal didn't announce the new product so early, it's a torture!!!

I just read this entire thread. My trusty old Ultra has been so good that I haven't stopped by this forum for a long time. It looks like I'm going to retire it as soon as I can get my hands on the FX8.
While I like the AxeFx amp sims, I haven't had much luck with sound guys and p.a. systems. Either the p.a. speakers sound terrible or the sound guy doesn't turn me up on my monitor. I feel much more comfortable knowing that I have my amps behind me. Plus I just like getting gear. What else are we supposed to do with tax returns?
Looks like I'm late to the party on the wait list. Hopefully it won't be as long as the wait I had for my Ultra. That was brutal!

I'd never interfere with a man's choice of Axe-Fx or "real" amp; that choice is too personal. But there are answers to the specific challenges you're facing:

While I like the AxeFx amp sims, I haven't had much luck with sound guys and p.a. systems. Either the p.a. speakers sound terrible...
You're at the mercy of that lousy PA whether you're running the Ultra or your favorite tube amp. Both will sound lousy through a lousy PA.

...or the sound guy doesn't turn me up on my monitor.
Just carry a powered wedge with you; they're smaller and lighter than an amp and cab. Hook up your wedge to Output 2, and you have complete control over your tone on stage. You can turn it up as much as you want without affecting your house feed. And it'll sound good, even if the PA is lousy.

I should have been more specific... The p.a. makes my guitar sound bad. I like to put my amp behind me where I can turn it up and hear/feel it. What I do doesn't make much difference to my audience but it does make me happier. While I like the amp modeling for recording, I prefer my amp for live work. That's why the FX8 is going to retire my Ultra.

I should have been more specific... The p.a. makes my guitar sound bad. I like to put my amp behind me where I can turn it up and hear/feel it. What I do doesn't make much difference to my audience but it does make me happier. While I like the amp modeling for recording, I prefer my amp for live work. That's why the FX8 is going to retire my Ultra.
I get that. Check out the second part of my response above. That will solve your problem today while you wait for the FX8 to be released.

What I really need is if the "series/parallel" effect routing in this new unit is a free routed grid like in AxeFX or something more limited.

Back
Top Bottom