Coming Soon

Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc. Don't drop it on your foot.
Cool, Any expression pedal ins? Can it serve as a alternative switcher for the MFC in a emergency??

Last edited:
Congrats, Fractal! It looks like a very cool product. If I didn't already have my II and were still using my Mesa, I would be all over the product. I think you will find a tremendous amount of success with it, and I hope you do.

I wonder if a separate pre-amp with all of the amp and cab models will also be a new offering. It would offer a nice upgrade path for those those started with the FX8. It could also have two processors dedicated to the Ultra-Res amps in FW v16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A floor-based unit that's going to be extremely overpriced and resembles a line 6 pod....

How exactly is this an innovation again?

Having regular improvements via firmware updates might be a real advantage over a line6 pod or equivalent unit.

Price?

Well, its 1/2 the Axe (no amps, so maybe just 1 computer inside it, not 2).
And perhaps 3/4 size of the MFC which is $749.

So 1/2 cost of an Axe or less...my guess is $998 to $1199.

Last edited:
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

This is what I have been waiting for for a long time. A Line 6 M9/M13 killer!! I am supremely happy with my Axe FX II, but one of these is definitely on the cards for me for my live rig. And two rows of footswitches. Excellent choice!

Um... I hope the Fractal product can be assembled into a gestalt... like the Transformers... more than meets the eye. Combining them into an all powerful machine, with new functions that can't be done by each unit alone, greater than the sum of its parts. Mwahahaha!

Internal, universal power supply. I hate wall warts.

Same here. Internal power supply is a fantastic idea. Good on ya cliff!

It seems that this product will appeal to new FAS users and existing users. I wonder if you could comment on how integratable this will be with an Axe FX2. Would this potentially replace an MFC whilst also adding extra effects?

This is very exciting!

Cliff, can this work in harmony :D with an AxeFX II?

Meaning... can this somehow become an FX extension, allowing the rack unit to perform amp, cabs, dynamics and EQ processing and offload other FX to the FX8? :mrgreen

By this I mean where one unit can be master and other slave and patches created that use both units.

Well, you could insert an FX-8 into an External Loop in a preset on an AXE FX II or AXE FX XL or even an old Ultra - so it would double your effects ability for that preset... but I don't think one unit controls the other if that's what you mean.

This FX-8 is probably all the effects in the AXE FX II/XL, but not any amps or cabs (those require dedicated SHARC separate processor I think, so just buy an AXE II or XL for that).

Product like this seems intended to give you all the same AXE FX II effects at your disposal with your own guitar amp, but in a pedalboard format you can design like you do now in Axe Edit yet using your own amp. Four cable method.

Looks from photo like you'll get X/Y choice for each effect block, up to 8 simultaneous effects for each single preset configurable anyway you want (front of amp, in effects loop, series vs. parallel?) PLUS up to 8 scenes per preset as well. Plus a Looper always included in every preset.

Probably has a lot of space for factory and user custom presets. Doubt it will work as MFC controller too, this looks like it's a stand alone Superior Effects pedalboard you design by preset to work with your existing amp/cab. Sounds like two external expression pedals, plus ability to set up relays to do your amp-channel switching from the board which is cool.

I could be dead wrong about some of this and Fractal in good time will tell us all the goodies, but personally I can't wait to buy one to use with my Bludotone Ojai!

Back
Top Bottom