CLIFF'S NEW 6.0 CLIP

I dont even understand why are some people judging so much the tone as if they knew what went on scientifically. No nonplayer music fan or listener is going to say things like... the guitars do not feel organic... they feel sterile and there is no sag to it... etc! The axe delivers GOOD, great and AWESOME tones, amazing enough for recordings AND live! No body cares for nuances because when you play in a full band they mean squat... you just need a good tone.. period.

Playing live Ive noticed now that i dont use tube amps anymore that my matrix gt1000fx and axe II cuts through like a hunting knife through butter without much volume and without eq limitations while I see other players struggling to cut through with their tube amps (which happened to me mainly with my 5150 II amp)... AND everybody is loving the tone... its not ear piercing, it warm, it has punch.. thats all that is required.

I am grateful for the upcoming 6.0 update b.ecause its part of the investment I made on my axe but right now its perfect as it is... people complain so much, specially comparing tones when both sound as good even if they have slightly different characteristics.... they WORK for the intended application.

Careful, you're being far too logical here.

HA! Got ya...

I lied, the first part is the real amp. I was testing a theory and you proved it. Thank you.

My reply? GREAT! What else is there to say? I wan't commenting on which was real or modeled (took your word on that) I was commenting on which was thicker and warmer. Of course, I must ask - did you fiddle with it on purpose to sound better than the amp?

But: I am not hearing with my eyes - I mean, one is 'real' and the other is 'modeled', right?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With all of the clips I listened to of the new FW tone/amp match and the other clips from the other company's users, (IMHO) I think the comparative subtleties between (real amp/amp copy) are less noticeable with V.6.0. Again, just my opinion.

I think Cliff should just go a year or so identifying clips in reverse. Then let people argue how the "real amp sounds better"..
Then cause all their minds to explode by revealing the truth, and put an end to this nonsense once and for all!

The differences are becoming so small that he actually would have to "fiddle" with them to produce an audible difference.

My reply? GREAT! What else is there to say? I wan't commenting on which was real or modeled (took your word on that) I was commenting on which was thicker and warmer. Of course, I must ask - did you fiddle with it on purpose to sound better than the amp?

But: I am not hearing with my eyes - I mean, one is 'real' and the other is 'modeled', right?

backpedal.jpg

Well I don't feel so bad about calling Cliff a liar in the other thread now. :) Of course I was coming from a different angle, but that's funny stuff.

Wow after listening and trying to be unbiased and objective I did tend to think the second half sounded noticeably better. I was a bit disappointed because I heard the first half was the axe. After Cliff's reply though I'm pumped for 6.0!

ear-ily similar...

After 29 years it might be time to give them old ears a check up!

Well in funny_polymath's defense, he DID say that this clip was the exception compared to most clips that he had heard, in which he thought the Axe-FX II FW-6.0 clips sounded great. So since he was "deceived" about Cliff's latest clips'-sources, doesn't that really mean funny_polymath has consistently thought highly of the 6.0-clips, and therefore his ears are to be commended for their consistency?!? Think about it....

Just sayin...

Bill

Well in funny_polymath's defense, he DID say that this clip was the exception compared to most clips that he had heard, in which he thought the Axe-FX II FW-6.0 clips sounded great. So since he was "deceived" about Cliff's latest clips'-sources, doesn't that really mean funny_polymath has consistently thought highly of the 6.0-clips, and therefore his ears are to be commended for their consistency?!? Think about it....

Just sayin...

Bill

He did mention that the tube amp sounded kind of like solid state. Since he's been in the business for a while, I guess we can say that that solid state amps can sound close to tubes amps. I guess solid state technology has gone far after all. Who needs tubes then? What an age we live in!

I just listened to this clip on my nearfields and I have to say I can't identify with any certainty where the change from amp to AxeFX took place. Wherever it is one could cause more of a change by changing the picks attack angle or by picking a bit further up the length of the strings. Very impressive demo!!

Back
Top Bottom