CLIFF'S NEW 6.0 CLIP

Hmmm, I couldn't hear when it switched from the amp to the Axe. It just didn't sound like a D to me on my crappy laptop speaker. Got to listen again when I can plug in to a regular pair of speakers.
IN fact, got to try my "ford" preset with 6.0 and see where this takes me. I have retweaked it to sound less like RF and more like me, but I want to re-try the "Talk to your Daughter" thing when 6.0 comes out.
... soon ...

Nice to hear Cliff playing. :) I'm really diggin' this clip. This new firmware is going to be fun!

Found This On TGP

The first half is the model, the second half is the amp:
www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/ttyd.mp3

Don't ask me to do another clip because I have tendinitis in my hand and that was extremely painful.

To me, on this one, the amp sounds better - smoother for sure, less trebly, fatter. Actually, the first half almost sounded Solid State to me! From my standpoint, this clip is not a good selling point.

To me, on this one, the amp sounds better - smoother for sure, less trebly, fatter. Actually, the first half almost sounded Solid State to me! From my standpoint, this clip is not a good selling point.

wow. dude you have golden ears, should call guiness and get in there. none of that in a mix or crowded club would be noticible.

wow. dude you have golden ears, should call guiness and get in there. none of that in a mix or crowded club would be noticible.

I have been an audio engineer since 1983 - I hope I've got decent ears. But no reason to sound defensive, dude: a) you might be right - depends on the band and the song - but I think in this context with a band vamping in the back and a soloist it WOULD be evident. b) I bet with some tweaking the model WOULD sound as good, it just doesn't yet. Don't shoot the messenger: just giving an honest opinion: I've heard other A/B clips that impressed the hell out of me, even through tinny computer speaks, this, however, isn't one of them.

I dont even understand why are some people judging so much the tone as if they knew what went on scientifically. No nonplayer music fan or listener is going to say things like... the guitars do not feel organic... they feel sterile and there is no sag to it... etc! The axe delivers GOOD, great and AWESOME tones, amazing enough for recordings AND live! No body cares for nuances because when you play in a full band they mean squat... you just need a good tone.. period.

Playing live Ive noticed now that i dont use tube amps anymore that my matrix gt1000fx and axe II cuts through like a hunting knife through butter without much volume and without eq limitations while I see other players struggling to cut through with their tube amps (which happened to me mainly with my 5150 II amp)... AND everybody is loving the tone... its not ear piercing, it warm, it has punch.. thats all that is required.

I am grateful for the upcoming 6.0 update b.ecause its part of the investment I made on my axe but right now its perfect as it is... people complain so much, specially comparing tones when both sound as good even if they have slightly different characteristics.... they WORK for the intended application.

Back
Top Bottom