Carrying case?

i need to take up the least amount of space as possible at most gigs. attaching to a pedalboard just won't work for me, as that usually adds way too much space needed.

place FX8/AX8 on floor
plug in power cable
place Expression Pedal on floor, plug in cable
plug in guitar cable to Input
plug in cable to output

that's pretty much it and doesn't take much time at all. i don't have other pedals to integrate though, so the FX8 makes sense to put on a board with your other pedals of choice, but perhaps the AX8 could live well on its own, assuming you do most, if not all, in the unit itself.
Me too! Got real tired of pedalboards. AX8 + Mono Kontroller bag + two DVP4 expression pedals. It's a POC to set up (5 minutes if I go REALLY slow!), with small footprint, fairly lightweight to schlep. :D

Has anyone settled on a good solution in a case with wheels that will fit the AX8, 2 exp pedals (1 being an EV-1) and room for some accessories?

I'll probably get the Kontroller. Mainly because it seems to work and I'm such a Mono fanboy....

Oh and Sweetwater has them financed out to like 48 months or something.

A larger laptop bag seems to work for a lot of folks. Although, I'm pretty partial to the Mono stuff too.

Joe, I remember of some people discussing with Mono about developing some new Mono products (that would of course be compatible with our beloved AX8, and by the way I would love a Flyby compatible with AX8). Is there anything new about this? (or was it only in my dreams?)

Joe, I remember of some people discussing with Mono about developing some new Mono products (that would of course be compatible with our beloved AX8, and by the way I would love a Flyby compatible with AX8). Is there anything new about this? (or was it only in my dreams?)
It would fit the flybye, just snug. In the backpack word the 365 is a clear winner

It would fit the flybye, just snug. In the backpack word the 365 is a clear winner
Yes. The 365 is just the right size, well made, and well appointed. The only thing I would change is to make the cable strap longer. As it is, it's too short to close around a guitar cable and a spare, a couple of long XLRs and a power cord. And that's the only compartment that doesn't have a zipper, so it relies on having the top flap clipped shut. It would be nice to be able to secure that strap around a thick bundle.

Yes. The 365 is just the right size, well made, and well appointed. The only thing I would change is to make the cable strap longer. As it is, it's too short to close around a guitar cable and a spare, a couple of long XLRs and a power cord. And that's the only compartment that doesn't have a zipper, so it relies on having the top flap clipped shut. It would be nice to be able to secure that strap around a thick bundle.
what about putting some velco on a nylon strap to basically make an extension?

Has anyone settled on a good solution in a case with wheels that will fit the AX8, 2 exp pedals (1 being an EV-1) and room for some accessories?
Pelican 1510 would probably work with some careful packaging, or the iM2500 would have a little more room.

Mono Kontroller bag is 169 on Amazon right now. I ordered one (not for my Ax today)

Thanks for the tip. I just picked one of those up as well. Perfect for the AX8, a spring loaded Mission pedal (rubber side to the AX8, so there's no wear) and cords and cables. The padding was thinner than I expected, but Mono's reputation suggests that it must be enough.

The feedbacks over the Flyby are not that good. I especially found one "I purchased the Mono Flyby hoping it could be the one bag to rule them all, but the AX8 did not fit in the padded rear compartment. It did however barely fit in the larger front pocket (where you're supposed to put cables and where all the special pockets and organizers are), but I wasn't liking how tight the fit was and how little padding there is in that front compartment. I ended up returning the Mono Flyby. I wanted to love it but it just didn't suit my needs."

I have a kontroller, I like the quality but I don't like the system to close it (the "clip"? I'm not English native speaker so don't know how to say it), so I will not like the 365. The Flyby would be my one but...

I have a kontroller, I like the quality but I don't like the system to close it (the "clip"? I'm not English native speaker so don't know how to say it), so I will not like the 365. The Flyby would be my one but...

Yeah, the clip fastener isn't ideal. If only they and put it a few inches higher....but I guess they wanted to leave you the option of stuffing the bag really full.

But I've decided that I can live with it.

Pelican 1510 would probably work with some careful packaging, or the iM2500 would have a little more room.
I like the looks of the iM2500! I need to see if it will hold my expression pedals and some other accessories as well.

Agreed. I wish there were a zipper instead.

Although I have not received my kontroller I am sure I will have no issues with the clip. As I said before I won't be using it for my Ax but rather by cables ect. I am hoping to put my guitars stands on there. They are two long but I am hoping due to Clip I can have them popping out a bit. If I needed a bag for Ax I know controller will work though if I found a 365 for the price I found the kontroller I would use that for Ax instead. I live that the ev1's fit in side pouches. Would have been cool if kontroller had the producers side pouches

Back
Top Bottom