Carrying case?

OK. I just bought the Mono EfX 365 based on recommendations here. I hope that's the right one! LOL
@henryrobinett I think you'll love it. I am coming up on a year since I started experimenting with ways to carry the AX8 and a lot of other gear in one bag and I am still sold on the 365 as the best option I have found. That it's useful for other things when I am not gigging the AX8 is another plus. I also kept the Mono Producer bag, which you can shoehorn the AX8 into for minimum size (it's a tight fit!), but the 365 is my go-to AX8 and pedals hauler!

If you're patient, you can find them for less money. I bought my 365 on Amazon in July for just over $150.
I believe it. Since I found the Kontroller at this price I knew it would be possible to find the 365 one day at that price. This time around the kontroller was what I specifically wanted but I think if I see the 365 on sale like that I will buy it and just store it for the day I eventually get a second Ax

I'm using a Helix backpack, i was going to get the MONO 368 but they were out of stock at the time, I also wanted a Backpack instead of a carrying bag because i can have a guitar case in each hand, and 256 amps on my back...
For those of you who have the 365 but want a backpack...just use the built-in backpack straps. :)

Think he meant that is why he did not get something like a Kontroller lol

There is just 1 strap with the Kontroller, not convenient when the bag is full (at least that's what I though yesterday while I was carrying it this way... better in 1 hand).

There is just 1 strap with the Kontroller, not convenient when the bag is full (at least that's what I though yesterday while I was carrying it this way... better in 1 hand).
My guitars go on my back (most of the time I am using a dbl Mono gigbag) so even when I get a second ax and a 365 bag I will be hand carring that bag. In this regard everyone's situations becomes kind of unique

I bought a used 365 on eBay for $100. It has been great and holds everything I need for a gig (ax8, expression, guitar stand, instrument cables, xlr, pics, capo, power cables, slide, strings, pliers, laptop and charger). All that on my back and a guitar case in one hand and coffee in the other. I love taking only taking one trip, expect when my wife decides to play keyboards instead of just singing. Then I'm deadlifting a weighted keyboard in a road case!

I bought the Kontroller and the 365 and returned the 365. It was just huge... but in hindsight, after carrying the Ax8, laptop and cables in the Kontroller, it's just too heavy. I am now using a Pelican 1510. It's a bit small for much else, but it has wheels :).

Got my Kontroller bag yesterday it is a pretty big bag. I was able to fit everything I wanted in which is
Berhinger headphone amp with wall adapter
FR5 with wall adapter
DI box (larger than a Radal)
Ext cord
Power strip
2 ultimate support guitar stands
1 ultimate support amp stand
3 power cables like the ones used on Ax and CLR
2 xlr cables different lengths
4 1/4 cables mostly 20 ft and one 12 footer
I have a few short 1/4 cables 3 feet on average for my wireless
And a few TRS cables in case one of the ones on my exp pedal exp knob or two switch go bad

Is it heavy when full yes. But I already know what to expect because I had all that stuff in a larger bag before. I wanted something smaller than what I had and this did the trick

After all of the talk of the 365 here, I jumped at one local for $75 on craigslist. Very cool bag - now I need to decide if the compactness is worth it vs my pedalboard. Certainly is lighter and easier to move around, so that will prob win out.

After all of the talk of the 365 here, I jumped at one local for $75 on craigslist. Very cool bag - now I need to decide if the compactness is worth it vs my pedalboard. Certainly is lighter and easier to move around, so that will prob win out.
It is not worth it! I will paypal you $76 for the bag

...now I need to decide if the compactness is worth it vs my pedalboard.
Yeah, there's definitely something nice about opening up a pedalboard that's already connected. I was concerned about that...until I found out how much nicer it is to have something that's smaller, weighs half as much, straps onto my back, and doesn't bang into my shins and the wall.

now I need to decide if the compactness is worth it vs my pedalboard. Certainly is lighter and easier to move around, so that will prob win out.

Been toying with this idea, but I like being able to just pop the lid off the board and plug in without have to cable up the expression pedals etc.

More importantly though, I also like the perimeter that the pedal board provides around the AX8 that overhangs past the connectors which means they are less likely to get stepped on.

With just the bare AX8 on the floor I've nearly had the XLRs and jacks stepped on as people will walk too close to the unit itself.

Internet forums are crazy! I'm a total gearhead.. Have over 20 guitars, 20+amps, loads of fx (guitar and studio gear) and I'm reading these "Case" threads planning out my next 150.00 purchase for a case for my beloved ax8. . WTH.. I don't need to spend any money. . Have numerous cases all over the house and it fits perfectly in a SUITCASE I got for free, and I mounted some studio-type eggcrate foam in it (got that for free too) . . .All set. I built a pedalboard for it and my 2 expression pedals first and had the hardest time finding a case that would fit it. . The only one was the World Tour sold by AMS, but that size isn't even for sale yet. It's been on pre-order/backorder for months. I used my pedalboard at a few gigs, and it's a bit too wide, (while singing and using expression pedals) so I'm going to try without a pedalboard next gigs and see how it works. . Protected and easily transportable for 'free' . :) Eric

HI, just picked up an Ax8 again, sold the first one right when it came out and now im back..lol. I see a lot of things have changed since then and was wondering about what you guys transported it in. Definitely want a bag/back pack. So the Mono seems to be the one? is it big? looks awesome but kinda big. Im going to the Namm show in a couple weeks ill go by the Mono booth and check it out..Any other options? not looking to go pedal board route..thanks

Back
Top Bottom