Carrying case?

Neo-Which gator case is that? I checked I guess it's this one: Gator GK Keyboard Gig Bag - Micro
22.5" X 11.5". Does that sound right?
It looks like the GK-2110 -- I used one for years for an All Access and some expression pedals. Still have it. Decent little case but doesn't provide any bump protection.

I'd highly recommend a MONO over the Gator.

You know your getting old when you see the prices of these "gear" bags. The price seems to be dictated by what it carries, not how it's made. :) Oh gear bag, for musicians stuff-$300.. Laptop for college kids-$49
Ooooh I'd love a Minions bag for my pro musicians gear !

It looks like the GK-2110 -- I used one for years for an All Access and some expression pedals. Still have it. Decent little case but doesn't provide any bump protection.

The gator has protective padding & it's a nice fit for the ax8 and expression pedal. It's probably not something to tour with, but if you carry your own stuff back and forth I don't foresee any problems. plus it has a nice pocket for cables

The mono though awesome is $$$$ I owned one a few years back and love it. I own lots of mono gear

When I down graded from a pt pro in a mono tour bag I switched to a 24x12 board. I hear an Mfc and two mission fit on that size. I use a Mfc ev1 and mini exp knob. This is the bag I use to carry that 24x12 board

http://www.proaudiosolutions.com/mo...urce=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=shoppingengine

You can often get them a little cheaper (I will be selling that board and bag in January) I can't stress how great this bag is. It is extremely well passed and the padding is pretty ridged

My buddy posted this in the fx8 forum. He loves it
Just got my fx8 and i'm psyched being an old ii user i'm glad to be back. Just wanted to take a second to post this bookbag i picked up off amazon just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to the pedalboard route. I'm able to fit everything in it from the fx-8, cables, ipad to little tools and the towel to wrap around the fx8. Only thing that i had to put in my guitar case was the ev-1. I believe theres room over the fx-8 to the lid of the bag for it but since it fit in my guitar case i was cool with it.

Amazon product ASIN B013YJTJT6

AX8 will be in tomorrow, and I ordered the Mono Producer bag/case today. After several emails with Jen at Mono (extremely helpful and pleasant to converse with) we determined the AX8, a Mission Pedal or two, my wireless, and a load of cables should fit in there with room to spare. I will post some pics as soon as I have tested all that with the actual items. Talk about "FlyRig", this is the real deal, methinks.

Last edited:
AX8 will be in tomorrow, and I ordered the Mono Producer bag/case today. After several emails with Jen at Mono (extremely helpful and pleasant to converse with) we determined the AX8, a Mission Pedal or two, my wireless, and a load of cables should fit in there with room to spare. I will post some pics as soon as I have tested all that with the actual items. Talk about "FlyRig", this is the real deal, methinks.
I ordered last night too after realizing my Mono Flyby bag was too small. It will be a while before I get my AX8. Can you share some pics of your AX8 in the bag when you get it?

I ordered last night too after realizing my Mono Flyby bag was too small. It will be a while before I get my AX8. Can you share some pics of your AX8 in the bag when you get it?
Absolutely. I ordered from Sweetwater, as they take pretty good care of me on gear. Should be here by Wednesday, so hopefully I can get some pics then.

Rick, do you know what the dimensions of the side pockets on the producer are, perchance? I'm hopeful that they can fit the EV-1 pedals

I gigged with the gator case yesterday (pics above) and it was great. 2x expression pedals, perfect fit, no extra bulk, all the cables I need fit the pocket. The AX8 performed flawless btw :)

Going to be interesting to see if the ev1 will fit. Based on the website specs I would say no. Those side pouches are 11.5 x 3 ev1 is 4 inches wide. Also the big is exactly 16 inches wide in the laptop compartment so ax/fx will be real snug in there. I am looking fwd to see him out it all in there

Looks like it would fit nicely in a mono case club pedal board case with one Ev1 if I lay the EV1 sideways in the bag

Can someone tell us if the EV-1 will fit in the Mono Producer side pockets????
Mine should be here (Producer) Thursday. I use Mission pedals, which are a bit narrower (as far as I know) than the Fractal pedal. Once I have the bag, I'll measure the side pockets and see if it looks like the EV-1 will fit.

Back
Top Bottom