Carr Troubles

Great sounding patch...just wonderful clean tone! Copied it to another slot, added the Junior Blues Mix and bumped the gain to 5.75 - WOW!

Thank you for sharing!

Awesome! It literally took a minute to create it, so I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, I've never played a real Rambler, but I'm loving this version in the AXE (true to spec or not), I think it sounds killer. Couldn't you get a closer tone to the true Rambler by reducing the MV trim (or MV) a little bit? It does seem less gainy in those youtube vids, however I like the extra dirt in the AXE, personally.

Tried it ... sounds really nice!

Thanks for sharing.

Here is a rambling I did in short order, it sounds great clean in my opinion. The guitar is a fender deluxe on the rhythm pickup. I'll have to admit it sounds better in the room then this recording, but that could be because I suck at recording. It sounds great with the CLR cab and a Matrix GT1000 into a 2x12. I can't see what the mimic is really going to do, to make this any better.

Yeah, I've never played a real Rambler, but I'm loving this version in the AXE (true to spec or not), I think it sounds killer. Couldn't you get a closer tone to the true Rambler by reducing the MV trim (or MV) a little bit? It does seem less gainy in those youtube vids, however I like the extra dirt in the AXE, personally.

Thats the beauty of the device, you can make it do whatever you want. It really is advantageous for us to learn how to make it do what you want it to do.

Yes, the power amp drive is a bit high. Reducing MV trim to about 0.5 will match the amp. The model is very close except for the tapers, which are completely off. Also I had the Mid pot set to the wrong value. It's 25K and I had it at 10K.

Cool! You know my main patch is your dumble patch, I just keep adding and subtracting effects based on the weekends needs.

Here it is right back at you.

Now that I know the taper offsets -- I was able to activate the GPS in the Carr :lol

# scenes

1. Clean
2. Light grit
3. the almighty Zendrive

If you ever get a chance to play a real one with a Zendrive -- you are in for a major league treat!

Even though the beta is running a little hot (also it needs to sound a bit more BF American), I think I was able to get her into familiar territory.

Also note -- the Cab sim is off you need to activate (sorry forgot to turn back on before I exported and shut my Axe down -- wife came in and yelled at me :mad: ).

I dialed it in with my suhr antique Korina tele with humbuckers (Matrix > NL12 -- no cab sim)

Attachments

• CARR Rambler 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Now that I know the taper offsets -- I was able to activate the GPS in the Carr :lol

# scenes

1. Clean
2. Light grit
3. the almighty Zendrive

If you ever get a chance to play a real one with a Zendrive -- you are in for a major league treat!

Even though the beta is running a little hot (also it needs to sound a bit more BF American), I think I was able to get her into familiar territory.

Also note -- the Cab sim is off you need to activate (sorry forgot to turn back on before I exported and shut my Axe down -- wife came in and yelled at me :mad: ).

I dialed it in with my suhr antique Korina tele with humbuckers (Matrix > NL12 -- no cab sim)

Way cool, I'll give it a go.

I couldn't be happier that we are even discussing the Rambler. My personal favorite amp...sold mine to buy the axe fx standard way back when.
I downloaded the beta last week and gigged it hours later, smiling the entire time.

Reactions: LVC

# scenes

1. Clean
2. Light grit
3. the almighty Zendrive

Funny - I just finished messing around with the Zendrive. Had the drive down on 2 and level around 8...tone to die for!

Funny - I just finished messing around with the Zendrive. Had the drive down on 2 and level around 8...tone to die for!

IMO -- best OD pedal ever made (for my tastes).

Great for
Blues
rock
Jazz
country

Just about any style you can play!

The one in the Axe is spot on.

The real pedal has 4 knobs

Vol
Gain
tone
Voice

On the Axe the way I approach it is as follow:

Set volume and gain to taste (neighborhood)
Tone at noon

then play with the high and low cut -- once you get it where you want it -- fine tune with the tone control and adjust vol and gain and overall FX level.

# scenes

1. Clean
2. Light grit
3. the almighty Zendrive

Wouldn't it be more authentic sounding to have the reverb before the cab? I fiddled with the chain on your patch and tried it and I preferred it that way for my ear at least. It seemed a little more "amp in the room" feeling to me at least.

Wouldn't it be more authentic sounding to have the reverb before the cab? I fiddled with the chain on your patch and tried it and I preferred it that way for my ear at least. It seemed a little more "amp in the room" feeling to me at least.

Placing reverb after the cab is the recommended routing. The reverb is stereo. The cab block may be mono so you would lose the stereo field.

Both blocks are linear so there is no advantage to placing reverb before the cab.

Good to know. I run my rig mono 95% of the time currently. The way my brain pictured it, by having the reverb before the cab block it would be affected by the impulse response much like the real amp where the reverb is colored by the behavior of the speaker(s).

Good to know. I run my rig mono 95% of the time currently. The way my brain pictured it, by having the reverb before the cab block it would be affected by the impulse response much like the real amp where the reverb is colored by the behavior of the speaker(s).

One of the properties of linear systems is they are commutative, i.e. a+b = b+a.

I don't use cab sims any more (I go into a real cab) -- the cab in patch was from V1 (ScottBurrow's patch) as well as the chain order. I think his chain order sounds great!

I did the same thing initially- put the reverb between the amp and cab. Followed by fiddling with the bias trem, trying to get it set up so i can control the rate & depth well with an expression pedal. haven't gotten just the right settings yet but I sure do dig the tones.
Gonna need an IR with a Kingpin 60!

Back
Top Bottom