Can the Origin Effects RevivalTrem be replicated?

ColR

Hi everyone,

Noob here and a very very proud owner of an FM3. I could not be happier with it as a product!

Bear with me on this one . . . . I have been trying to replicate the way the Origin Effects Revival Trem works with the Bias Tremolo in that when you play harder it overcomes the trem effect and only when the signal softens and in quieter parts does the trem effect push through. I love the way this comes over and provides movement to the sound in the more subtle parts. It Seems to me that the bias trem in fractal audio works in the opposite way . . . Tremolo kicks in the harder you play. Is this just my noobiness and unfamiliarity with this or is it not possible to get it to work the way I want?

Thanks in advance for any advice

use the normal tremolo block (optical) and attach the envelope controller to the depth parameter. adjust so that you get the behaviour you want

there is a bias trem in the trem block, but also in the amp block, so maybe try that one as well.

Hi everyone,

Noob here and a very very proud owner of an FM3. I could not be happier with it as a product!

Bear with me on this one . . . . I have been trying to replicate the way the Origin Effects Revival Trem works with the Bias Tremolo in that when you play harder it overcomes the trem effect and only when the signal softens and in quieter parts does the trem effect push through. I love the way this comes over and provides movement to the sound in the more subtle parts. It Seems to me that the bias trem in fractal audio works in the opposite way . . . Tremolo kicks in the harder you play. Is this just my noobiness and unfamiliarity with this or is it not possible to get it to work the way I want?

? FAS bias trem works great, and definitely doesn't work the opposite way. Maaaybe there was a bug, what firmware are you on?

Tremolo is a volume effect, could it be if you’re playing louder - you’re not noticing it so much?

use the normal tremolo block (optical) and attach the envelope controller to the depth parameter. adjust so that you get the behaviour you want

there is a bias trem in the trem block, but also in the amp block, so maybe try that one as well.
Thanks Simeon, the envelope controller has done it so thank you. I need to dial it in a little more but it already sounds great and more importantly is working the way I want it (playing harder defeats the effect with the tremolo coming back in or only coming in with softer playing).

? FAS bias trem works great, and definitely doesn't work the opposite way. Maaaybe there was a bug, what firmware are you on?
I have been using both 3.01 and 3.02 beta. It doesn’t work for me and opposite to how the revivaltrem sounds On YT videos. Does it vary/interact differently with different amps? I must admit I have only tried so far in my preset I created with a Texas Clean

Tremolo is a volume effect, could it be if you’re playing louder - you’re not noticing it so much?
Hi. I don’t think so as that is the problem, the harder/louder I play, the more noticeable the effect is and when the notes ring out or get quieter the effect stops and there is no longer the tremolo effect. This is perhaps exactly how the bias trem is supposed to work. It still sounds great, it’s just I wanted it to work the other way (which I now have using envelope controller tied to depth on optical trem thanks to simeon)

Hi everyone,

That's exactly how the bias trem in the Amp block works. Play harder and the effect is reduced. Just like a real bias trem because that's what it does, it modulates the power tube bias.

That's exactly how the bias trem in the Amp block works. Play harder and the effect is reduced. Just like a real bias trem because that's what it does, it modulates the power tube bias.
Ah ok, thanks at least I haven’t been doing anything wrong..... I guess origin effects have made it work differently in their pedal. At least I‘ve got a preset with my tremolo working both ways😊...and have been pointed to the power of the envelope controller

Ah ok, thanks at least I haven’t been doing anything wrong..... I guess origin effects have made it work differently in their pedal. At least I‘ve got a preset with my tremolo working both ways😊...and have been pointed to the power of the envelope controller
I think there's still some confusion...? It should work the same in both the Origin Effects Revival Trem and the Fractal Bias Trem, louder playing -> less trem. Tremolo shouldn't kick in more the harder you play with Fractal's Bias Trem, not sure what's happening to make you hear that's the case...

Also, keep in mind that their are 2 different bias trems in the Axe-fx, one in the Trem block and one in the amp block.

Thanks guys, learning more all the time and going to mess about with bias trem in amp block this weekend

I think there's still some confusion...? It should work the same in both the Origin Effects Revival Trem and the Fractal Bias Trem, louder playing -> less trem. Tremolo shouldn't kick in more the harder you play with Fractal's Bias Trem, not sure what's happening to make you hear that's the case...
You know what, your right . . . I’ve been reading back and I’ve confused myself with the responses. I am going to look into this a bit more later as although advice is consistent... I’m pretty sure I’m hearing opposite with my bias Trem -> Texas clean Preset. obviously it is me😔....still getting used to this fantastic product.

resurrecting this because I can't work out how to do this on the FM3. I know the afxIII and FM9 have bias tremolo in amps blocks, I'm trying to work out how to do this with an envelope control on the depth. Anyone have some specific tips on this? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom