Can I have some great reverb, please?

Let me resume…
– improved reverb, including for the standard (with diffusion parameters ??!?)
– improved rotary
– faster patch change, no sound cut between presets using the same grid
– improved Bogner (a true Ecstasy !) and CAE models
– improved dynamics on power amps (more noticeable on clean/crunch models)
– more crunch on hi gain models

:eek:MG

Someone cryogenize me until the firmware release ?

GuitarDojo said:
Some of you guys scare me.
:|
:shock: Cliff scares me the most.
I can't imagine how we ever could retourn the favor. :oops: Except buying all their stuff and being happy like little dogs. :lol:

Thanks & cheers Cliff & Tom & the rest of the company!
Once again, I'm really impressed.

Micha

P.S.: According to the major improvements, maybe the next FW version is called 10 ... :eek:

ElectricPhase said:
FractalAudio said:
I rewrote the reverb for the upcoming firmware. I was also able (with considerable effort) to port it to the standard model as well.

I think you're going to like it. I compared the new reverb to a G-Force, a PCM-70 and various plug-ins and I preferred the Axe-Fx in every case. The one thing I noticed is you can turn the mix up quite a bit and the guitar doesn't get washed out. That's the only way to describe it.

I also redid the spring reverb and I think it sounds really good now.

:shock: In the immortal word of Keanu Reeves, "Whoa!"

Another one, from Al Pacino: "Uh-Ha!"

LOL

ElectricPhase said:
FractalAudio said:
I rewrote the reverb for the upcoming firmware. I was also able (with considerable effort) to port it to the standard model as well.

I think you're going to like it. I compared the new reverb to a G-Force, a PCM-70 and various plug-ins and I preferred the Axe-Fx in every case. The one thing I noticed is you can turn the mix up quite a bit and the guitar doesn't get washed out. That's the only way to describe it.

:shock: In the immortal word of Keanu Reeves, "Whoa!"

I'll see your "Whoa!" and raise you an "Excellent!!"

This update is getting better and better.

Although I still wonder why the current reverb is insufficient. It may not be the ultimate top but it's very good at least. Live I am sure you wouldn't hear the difference (not on any stage I ever been on, many times I was just glad to be able to hear if I was out of tune or not. Let alone the reverb and the complexity of its tail end) and in a studio you have loads of excellent plug-ins and/or outboards available. Of course I would love better quality in anything put in the Axe and that includes the reverb.

GO CLIFF!!!

michl_666 said:
GuitarDojo said:
Some of you guys scare me.
:|
:shock: Cliff scares me the most.
I can't imagine how we ever could retourn the favor. :oops: Except buying all their stuff and being happy like little dogs. :lol:

Thanks & cheers Cliff & Tom & the rest of the company!
Once again, I'm really impressed.

Micha

P.S.: According to the major improvements, maybe the next FW version is called 10 ... :eek:

It would be probably called "eleven" :lol:

Mik.

FractalAudio said:

That's indeed awesome. Any specifics? What did you change about the implementation? Are you still using your hybrid wave guide/ray tracing/all pass approach?

mik said:
michl_666 said:
...maybe the next FW version is called 10 ... :eek:
It would be probably called "eleven" :lol:
Mik.
Good one! I thought of 11, too, because my amp goes to "11". But yours fits way more in the context. Haha!
AlbertA said:
Buy another backup unit :mrgreen:
You must be kidding. I do have already 17 backup units laying around to show my appreciation. I'm running out of space. And I'm finally using only 5 of them. But you are right, I need a bigger house. :lol: :lol:

Sorry for keeping OT alive, but this is fun and I think the topic is done, target hit! ;)

Micha :mrgreen:

fremen said:
Let me resume…
– improved rotary
– improved Bogner (a true Ecstasy !) Soldano (a true SLO !) and CAE models

Fixed

:)

FractalAudio said:

fremen said:
Let me resume…
– improved rotary
– improved Bogner (a true Ecstasy !) Soldano (a true SLO !) and CAE models

I thought it was appropriate to double post:

With Cliff's comments and fremen's summary, I'm almost convinced that it's going to 9.0! :D

On the faster patch change Cliff never said it was going to be "no sound cut between presets using the same grid"... If I remember correctly he said he got it down from 25-30ms (?) down to 10ms.

just saw this post explosion - i stand in awe. I definately take back my last comments!! Team fractal suprised everybody once again!

Cheers,
JJunkie

I'm excited about every thing on the list. I'm already a big fan of the reverb (I think it sounds great as is) for recording, but for live I do suffer a bit from the washed-out phenomenon, so I shy away from it in my live patches. Can't wait to hear all these improvements :cool: . Cliff rocks!

I've always wondered if the delays can be ducked why can't the reverb be ducked? It would allow a lot more apparent reverb without washing out the tone. It seems to me like such a feature in the reverb module would be just as useful as it is in the delay module.

sampleaccurate said:
I've always wondered if the delays can be ducked why can't the reverb be ducked? It would allow a lot more apparent reverb without washing out the tone. It seems to me like such a feature in the reverb module would be just as useful as it is in the delay module.

I imagine because it is not as common, would cause the reverb code to be slightly larger and can be done w/ envelope or ADSR on one of the level or mix parameters.

This might help you.

javajunkie said:
rsf1977 said:
i know there are parameters for delay ducking built in, but is there some way to achieve Reverb ducking?

You can tie either the input gain or the mix parameter to an envelope or ADSR modifier.

Envelope will be easier.
Go to the mix parameter. Hit enter. Assign the modifier source as Envelope. Set start at 100% end at 0 (or more if you don't want it all the way ducked)
Go to the controller menu on the axe-fx, go to the envelope menu.
Assign the threshold where you want the ducking triggered, the attack controls how quick it will cut the volume, the release controls how fast it is restored. The gain can help when using long attack times.

javajunkie said:
sampleaccurate said:

I imagine because it is not as common, would cause the reverb code to be slightly larger and can be done w/ envelope or ADSR on one of the level or mix parameters.

I'm aware it can be done in other ways, but so too could the delays be ducked by the same methods. If it's a code issue I understand. I also agree it's not as common. So what? Accurate amp models aren't common either. I champion the uncommon!!!

Stephen Cole

sampleaccurate said:
javajunkie said:
sampleaccurate said:

I'm aware it can be done in other ways, but so too could the delays be ducked by the same methods. If it's a code issue I understand. I also agree it's not as common. So what? Accurate amp models aren't common either. I champion the uncommon!!!

Stephen Cole

You just asked why. I gave you a couple of probable reason. I figured you knew how to it other ways. so what... If it isn't as common, takes up more resources, and can be done other ways; it might not be a high priority.

Back
Top Bottom