Cab Pack 8 Teaser: Brit TV

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
It's finally here guys! And this time "soon" is the reality. :) In case you missed the thread that led to this check it out: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/93869-what-cab-pack-do-you-want-next.html

So here it is, the first official teaser clip ever made with Cab Pack 8:

Fender Stratocaster through Brit 800 going into one alloy IR which is blending an SM57 and MD421 with realistic phase. Lead track is going through an R121 IR of the same collection.

So far I'm running through tests and it is surprisingly clear and crisp. I would describe Cab Pack 7 as fat, ballsy and balanced. In comparison Cab Pack 8 is very clear and crisp but still well balanced just like Cab Pack 7. It simply cuts through everything while maintaining the full sound of Greenbacks. I'm definitely making more clips when I get a chance. Right now I've still got almost 500 IRs that have already been gone through once.

If you have any questions about Cab Pack 8 then this is the place to ask! :)

Thank you guys for the interest!

EDIT: METAL GUYS PAY ATTENTION:

What if I told you that this is just one SM57 IR of this cab? That would be the truth. It will most likely be an ACE IR since it's almost like someone asked me to draw a perfect curve. Crazy stuff!!

Last edited:
wow - when can we have it?

View attachment 24487

How about a clip with a Les Paul?

Let's see about that Les Paul clip. TBH I traded my last Les Paul into a Gold Top PRS last year. If you guys want to hear it though... can someone with a Les Paul record some dry signal without a cab and send me a PM about it? :lol PRS clips are on the way for sure!

There's no set date yet but there was some talk that it might come this month even. Not making promises though! :)

Awesome! I wasn't expecting any kind of clips quite so soon for this cab pack.

Kind of wishing I had bought an XL though, so I had more user cab slots.

Clarks stuff is so good I've found I don't really touch 99% of the IR's I've got these days. Nothing again all the RW, OH et al., stuff I've bought, but I personally just don't use a single of the OH high gain ones since I got Cab Pack 7.

I'm sure Cab Pack 8 and a few choice mixes will become my go to Marshall/GB IR's as well, so really, its like with maybe 10 slots I can have enough IR's to cover 90% of my playing. The other 10% likely comes from some of the cool smaller little cabs in Cab Pack 6.

Clark and company have revolutionized IR's for me, by not only making them sound the best I've ever heard, but also by making them so utterly simple and effective as well. What I used to spend all day doing, by messing with Cab Lab and my folder of hundreds of IR's, I can now do in 2 minutes just by trying 1 of several Alloy mix options. Its like "the tone in your head" in contained in one of those Alloy's. Doesn't matter who you are, what you play, its there just waiting.

You simply don't need hundreds of slots because Clark gives you what is essentially perfection with a handful of IR's.

Clarks stuff is so good I've found I don't really touch 99% of the IR's I've got these days. Nothing again all the RW, OH et al., stuff I've bought, but I personally just don't use a single of the OH high gain ones since I got Cab Pack 7.

I'm sure Cab Pack 8 and a few choice mixes will become my go to Marshall/GB IR's as well, so really, its like with maybe 10 slots I can have enough IR's to cover 90% of my playing. The other 10% likely comes from some of the cool smaller little cabs in Cab Pack 6.

Clark and company have revolutionized IR's for me, by not only making them sound the best I've ever heard, but also by making them so utterly simple and effective as well. What I used to spend all day doing, by messing with Cab Lab and my folder of hundreds of IR's, I can now do in 2 minutes just by trying 1 of several Alloy mix options. Its like "the tone in your head" in contained in one of those Alloy's. Doesn't matter who you are, what you play, its there just waiting.

You simply don't need hundreds of slots because Clark gives you what is essentially perfection with a handful of IR's.

Aww man, such nice words! In sincerely thank you. :)

Rad samples!! Definitely will be super usable and probably will compliment the Cab Pack 7 IR's as well in the same mix. Just out of curiosity, as I'm sure I may not be the only one with this question, what type of speakers are in the Marshall TV? My initial reaction is thinking greenbacks of some type, but just wanted to clarify. Great job!

This is great news Clark! I always liked the Greenbacks more than the V30's, but the existing GB IR's have something that I don't quite like in the high end. Since one of your goals is to make the high end not harsh, I really wonder about your take on the Greenbacks, I'm sure it will kick some ass :). In addition to that, I'm a fan of Mesa heads, not in the cabinets I like Marshall more. Definitely will buy it!

Thanks for the questions guys. The speakers in this cab are 25W G12Ms. So G12M25? Not sure what to call them. :) Anyways the idea for this pack was definitely inspired by the fact that many people feel like the TV mix is the best stock IR in the Axe-Fx... well years ago they did at least. I mean c'mon there's Cab Pack 7 IRs in there now. ;) J/K! (not really)

Shooting Greenbacks was definitely interesting to me. Just like in Cab Pack 7 all of the speakers sound completely different. Therefore I'm continuing to do something that most IR manufacturers are not doing, which is shooting all speakers for maximum usable versatility.

I'm sure people are waiting to hear more Marsh... Brit clips so I'll make some when I get the chance. However I did make a clip comparing Cab Pack 8 with Cab Pack 7 just so people understand the tonal difference.

1st: Brit TV SM57-421 Alloy. 2nd USA Trad SM57-421 Alloy. 3rd Brit TV SM57-R121 Alloy. 4th USA Trad SM57-R121 Alloy.

So there's a heavier rock clip in a mix just so you get a better understanding of the full spectrum of the IRs. :)

However I did make a clip comparing Cab Pack 8 with Cab Pack 7 just so people understand the tonal difference.

1st: Brit TV SM57-421 Alloy. 2nd USA Trad SM57-421 Alloy. 3rd Brit TV SM57-R121 Alloy. 4th USA Trad SM57-R121 Alloy.

So there's a heavier rock clip in a mix just so you get a better understanding of the full spectrum of the IRs. :)

Super interesting! Reflect my personal opinion about capturing philosophy well. Well done, thank you Clark for these ...

Back
Top Bottom