Cab Pack 8 Teaser: Brit TV

To me the 2nd clip sound better especially with the fast arpeggios. This non-mpt seems to hold a lot of promise. I have often thought, even with IRs I like that at certain times the sound can be a bit strange and almost synthetic. Like that it is thick (phasy) in a non-pleasent way.

One of my dearest musician friends that I respect (really good guitarist and Mesa junkie like myself) doesn't use modelers and refuses to use Axe-Fx because he says that IRs sound weird. He says that the middle frequencies sound pointy. The first time I created a clip with the non-MPT'd IRs was when he finally gave in and said he has Axe-Fx gas. :) I think we all hear things differently and concentrate on different parts of the tone. Removing the phase information of the IR (MPT) might be something that some ears hear as too direct and therefore I'm personally sticking to the non-mpt:d IRs. :)

BTW THIS CABINET IS FINALLY OUT: Fractal Audio Systems - Cab Pack 8 - CK's Brit TV 4x12 - UltraResâ„¢ :)

And its glorious.

You've done well good sir!!! \m/
Great tones with cp8 and the plexi 50 high sim!!!
Cab Pack 7 & 8 contain my favorite user cabs.

I can't emphasize enough how important this kind of feedback is for me. :) You guys make my day(s).

It's short for Fat and Bright folders. They are the Ace IRs from those folders IMO. I'll shoot a video explaining everything tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.
Im running f and b in stereo panned to the middle with a single CLR wedge and they kicked all my prior greenback IR's to the curb.
Awesome job.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Im running f and b in stereo panned to the middle with a single CLR wedge and they kicked all my prior greenback IR's to the curb.
Awesome job.

Thank you so much roodboy. That was the intention. :D I'm curious which mics you chose?

Thank you so much roodboy. That was the intention. :D I'm curious which mics you chose?
I initially fell for the e906/md421, but I think I gravitate toward the sm57 due to familiarity with the sound of it.
Just seems kind of comfortable like an old shoe.
I have messed with mainly non mv jumpered marshalls and a Les Paul, an early favorite is the sm57/md421, but I have also used the sm57/r121, sm57/e906.
The evil twin sm57's seem to like the be/hbe, but on the nonmv I like the complexity of the two mic types.
On the be/hbe the twin sm57's is like a raw punch in the face, kind of matches the way I like those amps.
I will probably switch around a bit over the next couple weeks, I think I ear fatigue when binging on multiple IR's in a short period of time, but I don't know if I will ever get much past the ACE alloy mix cabs, they are that good and I like simple.
Can't go wrong with any of them for me they are the new standard for greenback IR, I have a funny feeling the Boaner will be my new go to V30 too.

Clark, thanks so much for these amazing IRs, they make tone creation so fast and easy, and the sound is absolutely incredible, best I've ever had! :)

I work on an interactive guitar-learning app (the company is called Yousician, they're Finnish like you) where we write custom music, and every week I record a bunch of songs covering wildly differing styles, and we have to work super fast to get it done. Obviously the Axe is perfect for this, but pack 7 made a massive difference to me - I use it for almost everything, it just sounds amazing with no effort. I really don't have time to tweak much before recording, and now I just don't need to. It also makes mixing and mastering faster, everything sits so well. So, that means that every week millions of guitarists are hearing your IRs and playing along, thought you'd like to know! Can't wait to sink my teeth into pack 8 (and FW18!)... :)

BTW I love the way you've organised the new pack with bright and fat, and provided the alloy aces (I love the alloy mixes, and completely trust your ears for the aces). Is there any chance you could provide a list of which alloys in pack 7 would make your aces list, and would suit the bright/fat categories described above? Or do they follow a different format?

Clark, thanks so much for these amazing IRs, they make tone creation so fast and easy, and the sound is absolutely incredible, best I've ever had! :)

I work on an interactive guitar-learning app (the company is called Yousician, they're Finnish like you) where we write custom music, and every week I record a bunch of songs covering wildly differing styles, and we have to work super fast to get it done. Obviously the Axe is perfect for this, but pack 7 made a massive difference to me - I use it for almost everything, it just sounds amazing with no effort. I really don't have time to tweak much before recording, and now I just don't need to. It also makes mixing and mastering faster, everything sits so well. So, that means that every week millions of guitarists are hearing your IRs and playing along, thought you'd like to know! Can't wait to sink my teeth into pack 8 (and FW18!)... :)

BTW I love the way you've organised the new pack with bright and fat, and provided the alloy aces (I love the alloy mixes, and completely trust your ears for the aces). Is there any chance you could provide a list of which alloys in pack 7 would make your aces list, and would suit the bright/fat categories described above? Or do they follow a different format?

That's really cool to hear James! I have to look into this Yousician thing.

Essentially we did that "alloy aces" thing with Cab Pack 7 also but we simply didn't create the folder for them. That was just an idea I had since I noticed I wanted to create that folder for myself and I ended up enjoying it so much that it had to be a part of the pack. For Cab Pack 7 I would say the first IRs in all of the folders are specially picked to be the first ones. SM57-MD421 is where the magic mojo is for Cab Pack 7 so I think three of the first alloys in that folder are amazing. I think Irotlas (co-creator of Cab Pack 7) said that he only uses the SM57-MD421 #7. That's also a really good one. :)

I have not been through every single page here...actually I only read like two posts...but speaking on MPT does the Axe-Fx not automatically convert any impulses into an MPT form? I've never had any slightest knowledge in the field except that I disliked what I believed to be the sound of the MPT effect on impulses that I have captured. Is there no way of getting around it within our little black box?

Is there a point in not choosing to use MPT on an impulse capture with another program if the Axe-Fx will just convert it, and we are only using the impulses within the Axe-Fx?

Using the built in impulse capture with the Axe-Fx is really the only option I have, and it kinda seems futile if every one I make is instantly processed with MPT when making it, or then processed with it when it's saved into a cab slot.

I have not been through every single page here...actually I only read like two posts...but speaking on MPT does the Axe-Fx not automatically convert any impulses into an MPT form? I've never had any slightest knowledge in the field except that I disliked what I believed to be the sound of the MPT effect on impulses that I have captured. Is there no way of getting around it within our little black box?

Is there a point in not choosing to use MPT on an impulse capture with another program if the Axe-Fx will just convert it, and we are only using the impulses within the Axe-Fx?

Using the built in impulse capture with the Axe-Fx is really the only option I have, and it kinda seems futile if every one I make is instantly processed with MPT when making it, or then processed with it when it's saved into a cab slot.

I'm not 100% sure if Axe-Fx IR capture feature does MPT automatically but I'm pretty sure it does. (I don't use it for IR capturing.) I think there will be an option not to use MPT soon.

I wonder if the .ir file produced from an IR capture in the box is not MP transformed?

I'm pretty sure the .syx is though.

I'm not 100% sure if Axe-Fx IR capture feature does MPT automatically but I'm pretty sure it does. (I don't use it for IR capturing.) I think there will be an option not to use MPT soon.
Thank God, it gets pretty discouraging when trying to make impulses. I wouldn't buy that new Cab-Lab plugin just to get the feature of disabling MPT when either the impulse is made or sent to the Axe-Fx.
I wonder if the .ir file produced from an IR capture in the box is not MP transformed?

I'm pretty sure the .syx is though.

These are the things I wonder as well.

Back
Top Bottom