Cab Pack 6: Cabs in the Attic - UltraRes™ Collection

Will the correction IR be compatible with other non-FAS cab packs like Ownhammer and TAF?

How would that work? They're specific to the capture setup used during the IR shoot session -- so they're specific to this actual pack.

Will the correction IR be compatible with other non-FAS cab packs like Ownhammer and TAF?
It's up to the individual IR publisher to decide whether they will include a reference IR with their product.

Now I am curious if the reference IRs can be used with the current version of Cab Lab. For example: Combine an IR and the reference IR via "Serial Combiner". Or do we have to wait for the new Cab Lab version?

Edit: I just tried this and it seems to work

Last edited:
Now I am curious if the reference IRs can be used with the current version of Cab Lab. For example: Combine an IR and the reference IR via "Serial Combiner". Or do we have to wait for the new Cab Lab version?

Edit: I just tried this and it seems to work

You need the upcoming Cab-Lab. If you combine them serially you will compensate in the wrong direction. You need the inverse of the reference IR which the new Cab-Lab will compute automatically.

You need the upcoming Cab-Lab. If you combine them serially you will compensate in the wrong direction. You need the inverse of the reference IR which the new Cab-Lab will compute automatically.

You had me at hello.

But seriously, When? Will this also include cab-lab as a DAW plug-in? That is what I've been dreaming of.

RoomEQWizard
But before you can display the frequency response with it, you first have to create a Standard SYX file from the Ultra-Res IR file from the pack with Cab Lab. Then you have convert the SYX with the JoJo Converter to WAV.
Of course this doesn't display the Ultra-Res frequency response, but the Standard-Res frequency response. It's not possible for us outsiders to display the Ultra-Res frequency response. Yet... it should be possible with the new Cab Lab version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom