Cab Pack 6: Cabs in the Attic - UltraRes™ Collection

In the cab pack is a folder included called "Reference IRs" which contains one IR per cab in *.IR and *.SYX format.
(oh yes, I already bought it)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 58
Cliff announced that the upcoming Cab-Lab release will make it possible to subtract the "color" of the amp used for IR capturing from the captured IR.
That's what the reference IRs are for.

Last edited:
Cliff announced that the upcoming Cab-Lab release will make it possible to subtract the "color" of the preamp used for IR capturing from the captured IR.
That's what the reference IRs are for.

... to subtract the "color" of the poweramp used ... i assume... ->

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/91649-ir-present-you-4.html#post1102724

But does this make sense? The inversion should be included in the normal cab files ... perhaps these shows Speaker Impedance to adjust speaker page? Or the Inversion to filter compensation out of the .ir`s again ... curious ...

It MUST be the power amp correction. Here is plot of a regular IR file and a corresponding REF file.

Attachments

• Pre-Rola GB.jpg
    Pre-Rola GB.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 59
I bet my ass off, if you zoom into the PowerAmp inversion plot, you`ll get a perfect view off the correct low resonance frequency to tweak the speaker page!

So, 2 advantages with the new REF-files and upcoming cablab live: Better mid-representing and knowledge where to set low resonance frequency in speaker page correct :)

hmmm ... and from the Cabs ... this Pack could be for me ... ;) Hope to hear some more clips in the next days...

:encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:

I bet my ass off, if you zoom into the PowerAmp inversion plot, you`ll get a perfect view off the correct low resonance frequency to tweak the speaker page!

You can keep your ass :D

Low Resonance Peak of the Pre-Rola GB Ref is visible at 105 Hz (of course it's inverted in this case)

Attachments

• res freq.jpg
    res freq.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 70
This pack is right up my alley. It stinks that I'll be out of town until early next week so I can't even use them right away. Hopefully some fellow forum members will upload some clips to hold me over.

I've just bought cab pack #6 and #7 CK USA - but i have problem with my middlefinger, it's really painfull and i can't play at the moment - what a shame :-|

Back
Top Bottom