CAB PACK 4 (UltraRes) Universal Noise Storage

I challenge you to find a company that takes care of its customers as well as we do.

Cliff is correct.

The "other company" definitely would not give you free samples or upgrades to the effects when developed. I won't go into it here since I know the rules of the board regarding such a subject.

Marshall did not do that with the JMP-1. The unit you bought was never able to upgrade anything for free.

With Digitech/Harman, when they changed the behavior of the noise gate and added celebrity presets on the GSP21, the only way you could get them was to "upgrade" and buy a whole new unit in the GSP21 Pro or Legend.

When they also developed the Johnson Millennium JM-150, those who bought the unit were promised a program similar to Axe-Edit to program the unit on the computer and a forum to download new amp models & sims that never happened. They also did not produce enough of their proprietary LED screens so that people could replace them easily in 20 years when the original screens died. As a result the unit was frozen in time way before they discontinued it and people who like those amps have to cannibalize other units for parts.

Hats off to Cliff and FAS. They really are a totally fair company to deal with and I know from experience.

My korg A1, A2, and A3's had a ROM slot for artist presets. You could change the settings, but you could not save them. It was a really arduous task to reconstruct an awesome tweaked sound, that you would lose after power down. But the fact that it was avsilable has me wondering why we can't insert a thumb drive with 10 million IR's and provided they are indexed, have the preset programmed to load the file from that card. Some gadget plugged into the usb that loads it to scratch pad. I know cablab does, but I mean something that recalls the correct one via preset recall.

And, naturally, a global cabinet, setting that loads an inboard cabinet of you choice if the usb is not attached. Like, if you forget or lose your cabinet rom device, you active global cab marshall 4x12 and any preset that was programmed to read the rom, will be overriden and load the marshall.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
sorry don't get it!
Why is it not included in the Axe Firmware ???
Why should i buy all this Cab's???
... are the included not good ???
Now it get more and more confused... What is with Ohnhammer and all the other Cab's ???
I really don't like this kind of busyness ... you get the feeling of ripping of the customers....
For the Cost of the Axe this should included in the Firmware...
The AxeFXII's biggest selling point was the ability to load your own impulse responses. I had an Ultra that I loved, but with only 10 slots for extra IR's it was limiting. The AxeFXII implemented a lot of things that the users had requested and out of all of them the 100 open slots was the one reason I upgraded. Now the amp models and stuff have improved dramatically so I won on a couple of fronts.

But many of us have been buying packages of IR's from companies like Redwirez, Ownhammer, TAF, etc., for years now. I don't expect them to provide IR's for free. Those are their products. I don't need any of them to make the AxeFXII work, I just choose to buy them to supplement the AxeFXII.

You are also ignoring the fact that there are literally thousands upon thousands of free IR's on the internet. The AxeFXII gives you the ability to use them.

The CabPacks are a fairly new item and are created at a separate studio using professional sound engineers. We wanted them and the price seems to be extremely competitive with what other companies offer for similar products. They are made just like the other cabinet packages out there, they just have the FAS name on the box so to speak.

It's a separate product line that you can choose to use or not use with the AxeFX products. You don't need it and it's not price gouging. If you want to talk about price gouging for things that you need I had an 11rack and paid $100 for the updated firmware because it was unusable without the EQ portion. Since my time with the Ultra FAS has created over 100 free amps and improved the device literally countless times over the years. I have never paid for anything done to the AxeFX Ultra or AxeFXII to make it work or to improve it.

It's a separate product entirely.

sorry don't get it!
Now it get more and more confused... What is with Ohnhammer and all the other Cab's ???
I really don't like this kind of busyness ... you get the feeling of ripping of the customers....

First off you are NOT being ripped off. No one with an Axe FX II bought from FAS is. And Fractal/Cliff doesn't deserve that kind of remark from you or anyone else. I don't usually try to confront here because its usually not needed but THIS is an exception. Because you are just plain WRONG. The very reason that the Axe FX II sells so well is not just because it sounds amazing. Its also because of the most excellent support, which in my view/opinion is above and beyond anything out there today product wise. I ran Line 6 for years and not only did they not tell you anything of what they were doing, they would hardly EVER discuss anything with you on their own forum. Not so here. And you NEVER got a heads up of what they were working on or a "sample" of what they came up with. NEVER. Try that concept (discussing with the users of the worth and validity of your product and what you would like to see next) with Yamaha, Roland, Fender or any other major music manufacturer and you will usually get the same answer from them on this, which is "silence". To say that Cliff/FAS is ripping off their customers by selling additional IR's other than the many it came with, is not only just plain wrong, its asinine. You don't HAVE to buy them and you are NOT entitled to get them free, just like the worn tires on your new car. You need to rethink your mindset here and THEN apologize to them privately. Because they do not deserve it. Sorry if I offended anyone but the accusation bothered me cause its not warranted.

Last edited:
Cab Manage & Fractal Bot are your friends
thumbsup.gif
Then you're only limited by the size of your hard drive

I use 3, possibly 4 cabs tops and have a five hour set list
Does Fractal Bot allow for overwriting of F001-F132 (the factory cab slots)? Manage Cabs through Axe Edit doesn't, AFAIK.

Right. Thus my movement to have to ability to clear out the factory cabs. I get what you're saying, but if I don't use a single cab in F001-F132, that's a lot of wasted space. (This is in response to Cover'd.)

Seems most people who've responded to this poll (now 254:9 in favor of clearing out the old cabs) have a similar position.

Right. Thus my movement to have to ability to clear out the factory cabs. I get what you're saying, but if I don't use a single cab in F001-F132, that's a lot of wasted space. (This is in response to Cover'd.)

Seems most people who've responded to this poll (now 254:9 in favor of clearing out the old cabs) have a similar position.

Yep, I get you. Obviously, FAS want to cover all bases, so having a load in there is an important starting point. I do certainly agree that having the 'option to overwrite' is the best all-round solution, if it can be implemented
thumbsup.gif

I do still fall back to the fact that many people only really use a handful of IRs in the end and that the Fractal Bot / Cab Manage utilities are an excellent way to have an almost limitless array of choices if that's your thing
smile.gif

sorry don't get it!

You do get several IRs in the AF2 from OwnHammer, Redwirez, etc., for the price of the box as well as a bunch of free UltraRes cabs from Cliff and from The Amp Factory in the last couple of firmware releases. No need to buy a thing if you don't want. The included IRs are excellent. The majority of my tones come from those IRs. I decided to buy others simply to explore options and they've worked their way into my newer patches. Do I feel "ripped off"? Not in the least!! IRs take time, effort, equipment, and money to create. IMHO, the prices for these IRs are insanely low considering the quality of what I've purchased. I've never had a problem paying for quality products, be they hardware or software. To expect these people to simply give away their products is completely unrealistic.

Purchased, and looking forward to some free time.

Do we know the exact speakers in all of these cabs? I like to know what I like/don't like.

Is there a way by any chance to buy one of the cab collections individually? The Cali 4x12 is my most used normal res IR and I'd love to get the URez version. Unfortunately I don't have any use for the rest of the collection so I was just wondering.

just bought this morning: seems excellent !
i'm just trying 2 Ures cab in //: powerfull and great ! and as I have cablab too... a full world...

The Cali 4x12 irs are fantastic! Worth the price of admission.

COMPLETELY agreed !

In fact that is the only one I've even tried so far. I used two of them (not at my Axe now so will post a clip and preset later) onto a new Recto patch I made and the *THUNK* is perfect.

And took all of 5 minutes to make from blank preset to "holy shit this rocks !"

After working with the 4x12 Cali IRs since the release, I can say that they have replaced all of my high gain impulses. I had to mix them with cab lab, but these impulses have given my tone a new rawness I only thought was capable through a real cab and mic. After going back and forth, between older impulses and these, it is clear there is something special about these. They have the, "it's like a towel was taken off my speakers" effect.

I feel the key here is the cone IR. It is quite harsh, but when mixed properly, you can attain that tone that bites without being harsh. These IRs are fantastic because they each are very different sounding from one another, so mixing them in Cab Lab really allows a tremendous amount of flexibility, and sonic variety.

I'm pretty shocked since I really wasn't expecting anything special from them, let alone to replace my go to Impulses.

If anyone is interested in my recipes for a Petrucci miced cab set up, I'm happy to give my suggestions. I'd share my mix IR's with everyone, but these are paid for IRs so I can't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom