Cab-Lab Stand Alone vs. Plug In--Real Time Mixing

Again I haven't used them yet but I believe the standalone requires connection to the axe-fx.

Nope. No AxeFx required.

I just mixed and saved to a file with the standalone.

It looks like you need the Fractal to audition the mix though :)

But it does run and mix with no connected Fractal. And you can see the graphs / plots.

Is there a discription or a possible A/B of what one has, and the other doesn't? It seems pretty vague on the fractal site about what the Standalone has and the Plugin has. Also, since I'm working in Pro Tools, it looks like that DAW is not supported. Just wanted to clarify that. Thanks!

So, what if you record a track in your DAW through a preset in the Axe-FX without a Cab block..... can you then use the plug-in to test cab IR's right there in your DAW without the Axe-FX connected?

So.... I run an Imac & 32bit Reaper as my DAW.

Am I able to use the plugin version as is?

Is Cab Lab 2 still viable moving forward with new irs?

Thanks

I have Redwirez's mixIR 2. Are there any advantages that justify me purchasing the new Cab Lab 3 plugin? They pretty much do the same thing, right?

So if I use Cab Pack files in mixIR 2, they're not UltraRes anymore? They get downgraded?

mixIR2 better not be processing our IR files, that would be a violation of the end-user license and indicated that they hacked our encryption which is a felony.

mixIR2 better not be processing our IR files, that would be a violation of the end-user license and indicated that they hacked our encryption which is a felony.
Yikes! Well, I guess I'll be buying the Cab Lab combo pack, then. [emoji106]

I doubt it ... latest version I can see of mixIR2 was published back in 2012....

Revision History

2012-05-16 [ver. 1.1.185]
Fixed issue with Pan knob

Long before UltraRes.

in fact not seen any updates from Redwirez in years.... some of us are hoping to see some UltraRes versions of their IR's from as their is still love for them.

I will wait for a full comparison of the features. I still feel a bit in the dark. Also, is there an MPT on/off feature?

So.... I run an Imac & 32bit Reaper as my DAW.

Am I able to use the plugin version as is?

You will need to install the 64bit version of Reaper. The plug-in is 64bit. Not a biggie from what I can tell. I just ran Reaper64 for the first time and it automatically loaded the last file I was editing in the 32 bit version. It seems they share common settings.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom