Cab-Lab Stand Alone vs. Plug In--Real Time Mixing

Mott

Experienced
Before I purchase, in the stand alone version, are we able to listen as we mix in real time, or is that only available with the plug in version? The description in the store was a little vague. At least to me!

"With an audio interface connected, you can even listen in real time while you adjust faders."

I feel stupid and forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that I must be connected to recording software (such as Garageband, Logic, etc) in order to hear the changes real time, or does simply connecting my computer via USB to my AF2 and running the stand alone satisfy this?

Sorry to ask such a noob question but whats the benefit of having the Plugin version?
I haven't actually used it yet, but I would assume it would allow you to add a cab lab effect on a track in your DAW, allowing you to then mix IRs in real time on that track without having to have the Axe FX involved.

Again I haven't used them yet but I believe the standalone requires connection to the axe-fx.

I'm probably going to regret opening this can of worms, but:

Is there any precedent for standalone and plugin versions of an audio app being separated like this?

Wanting to purchase both but need to know if Plugin version can be used in Pro Tools 11 HD? If I need a VST wrapper, which one will work best with Cablab?
Thanks.

Also, I have 3 Axe Fx II's, can I open multiple instances of Cab-Lab to mix cabs simultaneously for all three Axes?

Back
Top Bottom