Cab-Lab 4 Release 🔈🧪

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Step 1 - Step 2 - Profit" is a meme. Not literally "sell those captures for money", but rather a generic "win".

Not trying to start anything just trying to make things super clear since people can and often do think the worst of what people say online.
well you've got me shaking my head on the "super clear" part cuz I have no clue how to decipher what you mean 🤣

It does... But there's not a G12H30 yet.. that's my preferred speaker so I'd love it, too!
Thanks, I guess we'll keep waiting! I have a single 1972 pre Rola in my 4x12 along with 3 reissues, all I could afford/justify, lol! I love it and am addicted to it. I currently have a legacy IR that gives me what I need but I can't wait for someone to offer this in the DynaCab format.

Thanks, I guess we'll keep waiting! I have a single 1972 pre Rola in my 4x12 along with 3 reissues, all I could afford/justify, lol! I love it and am addicted to it. I currently have a legacy IR that gives me what I need but I can't wait for someone to offer this in the DynaCab format.
I’m using IRs from the York Audio MTCH pack currently. I use a blend of G12H30 and G12M25.

I'm hoping @York Audio does a DynaCab pack of that cab.

I’m using IRs from the York Audio MTCH pack currently. I use a blend of G12H30 and G12M25.

I'm hoping @York Audio does a DynaCab pack of that cab.
Nice. Yeah, me too. I would have grabbed that YA pack if DynaCabs didn't come around. I've had the OH 412 MRCB pack since well before I bought the AF3. It's giving me enough right now but I would LOVE the freedom to move the mic in small increments instead of twisting the tone knobs on the AF3 to death. I'm sure there'll be tons of DynaCab choices soon enough, so I'll just keep my ear to the ground and wait.

Had a good ole play with this yesterday.

The phase alignment GUI is worth adding it to the bag of tools alone.
Also love how it normalises levels - very cool feature!

Only one thing missing for it to replace my current IR loader or even Fractal linked auditioning.... It's mono, so no way to pan IR's left/right.

Most of the time I'll pan IR's in the cab block and set up a pseudo double guitar track.
You could of course run two instances of cab lab for non Fractal (eg plugins) but then you can't phase align, which is one of it's best features.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the benefit of auto-trim? I understand (I think) what it does technically (removes the bit of silence from the beginning of an IR), but not sure what the benefit is of having that silence removed, or the issue with leaving it there (looks like it remains on the on board DC IRs).

Excuse my ignorance but what is the benefit of auto-trim? I understand (I think) what it does technically (removes the bit of silence from the beginning of an IR), but not sure what the benefit is of having that silence removed, or the issue with leaving it there (looks like it remains on the on board DC IRs).
Non trimmed IRs are a PITA for adjusting alignment, as they do not start on zero. Also, if you apply smoothing to one IR, it will be trimmed and it will cause phase issues with non aligned IRs.

Now I apply at least 0.01 smoothing to all IRs on a mix (at the Cab block. It would be nice that we could do smoothing at Cab-Lab)

Non trimmed IRs are a PITA for adjusting alignment, as they do not start on zero. Also, if you apply smoothing to one IR, it will be trimmed and it will cause phase issues with non aligned IRs.

Now I apply at least 0.01 smoothing to all IRs on a mix (at the Cab block. It would be nice that we could do smoothing at Cab-Lab)
Is there an impact on the tone? Is it just for alignment ?

And yes smoothing in cab lab would be really great ?

On section 6 of page 6 of the manual here:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/cab-lab/4p0/Cab-Lab-4-Manual.pdf

The manual says:
In Cab-Lab, open Settings > Audio MIDI Setup. Adjust the Audio buffer size as low as possible without causing audio dropouts and glitches. (The limit will depend on the capabilities of your computer.)

Does this mean the buffer setting options are somehow dynamically available?

The image in the manual shows 32 samples but with my system connected to my FM9 the lowest option is something like 142 samples.

Loaded on a PC on w8.1, seems to work flawless with 3rd party IR's and .wav files that I got. Havo no DCpack yet as I didn't find any on fractal's e-shop so wait and see.

Is there an impact on the tone? Is it just for alignment ?

And yes smoothing in cab lab would be really great ?

No impact on the tone if they are perfectly aligned (which normally happens by default if they are from the same cab-pack). But mixing between different packs may cause phase issues and require realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom