Cab-Lab 4 Release 🔈🧪

Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a blend of 3 IRs using Cab Lab 4 and saved it to my FM9. Closed Cab Lab and opened FM9 edit and loaded the Cab. On FM9 edit the slot shows as <EMPTY> yet it does load the IR. On Cab Lab and the Unit itself, it does show the name I saved as. Not sure if it's a bug.
The editor should register new IRs when you start it up, but if this does not happen for whatever reason, just select REFRESH in Manage Cabs or Preferences.

1697209164296.png

1697209120835.png

If not, it is possible that you changed the default option to read user cab names at startup.

1697209239582.png

Here’s a scenario:

Studio engineer uses Cab-Lab 4 and DynaCabâ„¢ Packs in their DAW to dial in a tone for a guitar player while recording an album.

Guitar player wants to use that exact tone in their Helix or load box with IR on their next tour. But they can’t because it’s an SYX file and is only compatible with the Axe-FX.

What’s the alternative? They’d have to switch from Helix to an Axe-FX?
There are ways of creating impulse responses from impulse responses. It's very easy.

There are ways of creating impulse responses from impulse responses. It's very easy.
True, but I'd like to remind everyone that while it is possible to do this for yourself but it is illegal to share any mix or re-capture made using Fractal Audio or 3rd party commercial IRs, including factory cabs, DynaCabs, and cab pack IRs. This is true whether the sharing is for commercial or non-commercial reasons.

So the hypothetical "producer" in the example above should not try to capture or export DynaCabs so that they can be used by someone who does not own the DynaCab pack and a Fractal Audio product. I'd expect someone like that whose industry has suffered so terribly due to piracy would be sensitive to this concern.

True, but I'd like to remind everyone that while it is possible to do this for yourself but it is illegal to share any mix or re-capture made using Fractal Audio or 3rd party commercial IRs, including factory cabs, DynaCabs, and cab pack IRs. This is true whether the sharing is for commercial or non-commercial reasons.

So the hypothetical "producer" in the example above should not capture or export DynaCabs so that they can be used by someone who does not own the DynaCab pack and a Fractal Audio product. I'd expect someone like that whose industry has suffered so terribly due to piracy would be sensitive to this concern.
Absolutely. In the given example, making a Helix sound like whatever was used in the studio wouldn't be as simple as just tagging on the same IR anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

So the hypothetical "producer" in the example above should not try to capture or export DynaCabs so that they can be used by someone who does not own the DynaCab pack and a Fractal Audio product. I'd expect someone like that whose industry has suffered so terribly due to piracy would be sensitive to this concern.
But it’s ok to promote doing it with other manufacturers’ products?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-ox-stomp-for-their-cabs.198601/#post-2470245

My music computer is too old to run Windows 10, which this needs.

Is there a way to load the new DynaCabs that come with it into my Axe III without CabLab?
Although it would be unsupported, you can download Cab-Lab and try to run it under Windows 7.
Just wanted to throw it out there - I'm still running Win7 for my DAW; Cab Lab 4 installed with no complaints, and is running flawlessly, if unsupported. I haven't tried it with Dynas or as a VST, just dabbling with IR blending and pushing it to my Axe FX III mk2. Quite tasty, mind you, and I will be purchasing at least one cab pack to add to the fun. Man, I'm telling you, with every update I get further and further from ever going back to an amp and cab!

-m

I gave it a shot today and somehow with Logic Pro and it was very loud. I have a project where I compare different IR Loaders. When I try Cab LAB there, it is extremely loud and distorted compared to other loaders.
This is a 96k project.
I've tried with different IRs, all having the same result.
I am using Ventura 13.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do think Mikko is using the same robot, and you have the ability to go off axis in the Mikko 2 program. I never imagined FAS mounting a cluster of mics to capture at once, but maybe you're right. I really thought everyone using that robot would only have the ability to have it capture one mic at a time with that precision. That's just my assumption.
I think Overlouds Supercab can go off axis too. Maybe something Frac is cooking up.

Does CabLab identify the speaker in each pack? I’m looking for a DynaCab G12H30.

This is all I've found for the four packs

DynaCabâ„¢ Pack 1x12 AC20 is based on the celebrated Morganâ„¢ AC-20 combo loaded with a Celestionâ„¢ G12 Alnico Blue.
DynaCabâ„¢ Pack 2x12 Double Verb is based on a vintage 1968 Fenderâ„¢ blackface Twinâ„¢ combo loaded with original Fender speakers.
DynaCab™ Pack 1960 TV – is based on the iconic Marshall™ 1960 TV ("Tall Vintage") speaker cabinet loaded with Celestion™ G12 Greenbacks.
DynaCabâ„¢ Pack 1x10 Metro Blues is based on the Mesaâ„¢ Subway Bluesâ„¢ combo loaded with an Eminence Black Shadow Speaker.

With the following microphones:

Condenser 023 based on the Soyuzâ„¢ 023 BOMBLETâ„¢
Condenser 87 based on the Neumannâ„¢ U87
Dynamic 57 based on the Shureâ„¢ SM57
Dynamic SM7 based on the Shureâ„¢ SM7B
Ribbon 313 based on the Shureâ„¢ KSM313/NE
Ribbon 121 based on the Royerâ„¢ R-121

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom