CA Internet Tax = AxeFX for $2,793 plus shipping now??

WOW that is horrid man you guys im so sorry to hear that. If its not hard enough to make it through life some asshead got to shove his boot farther in there. I feel you guys here in IL though our state taxes went up a ton this year extra $200 a week out of me and my wife's income, that was are groceries for two weeks, among other things. It is so diheartning tp here these things.

Why is a guy in Texas worried about the taxes those crazy Californians pay? ;)

Joking of course....so what the deal here then?

There's no way for them to enforce it, and it runs contrary to a 1992 Supreme Court decision stating that companies couldn't be compelled to collect sales tax for states they didn't have a physical presence in. Tone Merchants has to collect tax, but since they're a separate business that only sells Fractal products, Fractal itself can't be compelled to collect sales tax for the state.

Well the fact is, is that everyone at the end of the year is suppose to claim everything they bought on the internet on their own taxes, many don't.

Yeah we have that here in Idaho too, but no one does it. If anyone ever did, they should be smacked up the back of the head just for being stupid. :)

Texas is working to pass internet sales tax now! Amazon has threatened to stop $300 million in investment in Texas which will cost 5,000 jobs if the tax passes (which it probably will).

That's really sad. Here in Idaho, when the budget is tight, they cut spending. Raising taxes would be a VERY last resort. I feel really lucky to live in a state with some common sense.

Texas has an 8%+ sales tax, but we don't pay state income taxes.

If a company does not have nexus with a state, then they can't be compelled to collect sales taxes on behalf of that state. period.

That's really sad. Here in Idaho, when the budget is tight, they cut spending. Raising taxes would be a VERY last resort. I feel really lucky to live in a state with some common sense.

Seriously WTF and California has a lot of money going through it. You'd think we'd be more reasonable with money... I'd be a politician if I could run a place with common sense but we all know that doesn't exist now :lol

I was born and raised in Northern California. I didn't move here to Idaho until I was 29. During those 29 years, I saw California get progressively worse. There are two main problems. People keep voting in big spenders, and people keep voting for any mandate that comes along that spends more money without a single thought or consideration of where the money's going to come from. They're just like, "Oh that sounds nice, that'll help people or do something good that I agree with. I'll vote for it!" Yeah well, when it comes time to pay for it, you see what happens. Now they're trying to screw people out of even more money because of fiscal irresponsibility. Can't tell you how glad I am that we moved out of there. I loved growing up there and I love the state, I just despise what's happened to it.

Last edited:
Texas is working to pass internet sales tax now! Amazon has threatened to stop $300 million in investment in Texas which will cost 5,000 jobs if the tax passes (which it probably will).

There is already a law in place, IN EVERY STATE, but as of now it's totally unenforceable.

"Yeah, sure, I made an even trade with a friend for that." :rolleyes

What California has done is actually unconstitutional, they are trying to force the OUT OF STATE BUSINESS to pay these taxes for you, to prevent you from avoiding these unenforceable laws. I see this law getting knocked down.

My opinion is that the internet should be left alone. If the supreme court lets this kind of stuff slide, it could kill a lot of small business, and the last thing we should be doing in a recession is punishing small businesses for the faults of a bad, and unenforceable law.

Last edited:
I was born and raised in Northern California. I didn't move here to Idaho until I was 29. During those 29 years, I saw California get progressively worse. There are two main problems. People keep voting in big spenders, and people keep voting for any mandate that comes along that spends more money without a single thought or consideration of where the money's going to come from. They're just like, "Oh that sounds nice, that'll help people or do something good that I agree with. I'll vote for it!" Yeah well, when it comes time to pay for it, you see what happens. Now they're trying to screw people out of even more money because if fiscal irresponsibility. Can't tell you how glad I am that we moved out of there. I loved growing up there and I love the state, I just despise what's happened to it.

Yep dead on. Most people don't stop to read carefully. I've read some of the stuff these people write. It's really atrocious. No wonder I don't vote :lol

What California has done is actually unconstitutional, they are trying to force the OUT OF STATE BUSINESS to pay these taxes for you, to prevent you from avoiding these unenforceable laws. I see this law getting knocked down.

This is the new way politics are done. Make it law and then force people to fight it. Guess that old adage of easier to ask forgiveness than permission applies here as well.

Back
Top Bottom