Buy that new guitar or the AX8?

My First PRS was bought sight-unseen and I loved it... since then I've owned 2 different PRS'... all of which were amazing (2 CE24's and a Custom 24 - all USA).

My hunch is that you'll love the PRS.

Can I ask what the price is on the P24? I found some awesome deals on artist grade PRS' that I wish I knew about before I bought my latest one.

Also, I agonized between a CT624 and a Custom24 before I ended up deciding on the Custom24 because I also found a decent deal. I'm still curious about the CT, but the price that I got my Custom for, I couldn't pass it up... a PRS is too amazing an instrument, lol

Last edited:
Not a bad price.

Everyone has preferences, but most like PRS. I have a hunch that you'll love it.

Link doesn't work for me, BTW

Though I await an AX8 invitation, it does not appear to be forthcoming; therefore, I have purchased three PRS guitars since 12/8/15: A NOS 2001 Singlecut, a 1996 CE24 (with birds) and a 1992 Custom 24.

The NOS singlecut was unused, never registered and procured from its original PRS dealer- I could not forfeit the opportunity to purchase it. The other two were merely available at the wrong time, as I was so impressed by the singlecut that I felt compelled to own more...

I have intervened on my own behalf- no more PRS guitars until I obtain an AX8.

As a former PRS player (Single cut and Custom 22 and 24) I can tell you that you will like it! they practically play themselves. Personally I might have bought the Carvin and you would have had leftover to pay for the AX8!

Already have the Carvin so didn't really want another just yet.

PRS do not hold their value. If you plan to buy and flip it to buy the AX8 (when available) be prepared to wait a while before it's sold.
Resale on a PRS is the worst unless you're willing to give it away.

Last edited:
PRS do not hold their value. If you plan to buy and flip it to buy the AX8 (when available) be prepared to wait a while before it's sold.
Resale on a PRS is the worst unless you're willing to give it away.

I wouldn't say it's any worse than Fender of Gibson right now - especially if you are buying new. The guitar market in general is bad, but that's been well documented...

I can think of several brands that have worse resale value than PRS.

Having said that, if I would the OP I would not sweat it if I didn't get the PRS now. The market is flooded with used guitars. Out of the big three, PRS is the one that I have the most confidence buying without playing first. There will always be variances in tone from instrument to instrument, but PRS and Suhr are the two brands that I have never had any fit/finish/playability issues. They have all played flawlessly.

Who knows when you'll be able to buy an ax8, get the PRS while you can. They'll be plenty of ax8's down the road

What a sweet guitar! I remember when the P22 came out, I kept saying, "If only they made a P24...". And then they came out with one. For the record, I have a CE24 that may very well go to the grave with me. I've had it 13 yrs now and still love it as much as the day I bought it. Seriously. I've had girlfriends in the past that were jealous of it.

What a sweet guitar! I remember when the P22 came out, I kept saying, "If only they made a P24...". And then they came out with one. For the record, I have a CE24 that may very well go to the grave with me. I've had it 13 yrs now and still love it as much as the day I bought it. Seriously. I've had girlfriends in the past that were jealous of it.

Thanks man...the wait is killing me. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing. My GF might get jealous if I'm unable to put it down after it arrives.

The PRS arrived today and sadly, I'm a bit disappointed. It's a beautiful guitar but it simply does not feel or play as well as my Carvin CT. I will give it a few days to see if things change but this might be one of those guitars I have to flip.

Back
Top Bottom