Budget coaxial active cabs-new contestant

I ordered one because, well, just because. For $200 + $9 s&h? (Thanks for the code boleary2). Who could say no to a birch box, coaxial speaker and 400watt power amp at that price? If it blows up, I can supposedly get a year's return with Hello Music (never heard of them before). I think Alto is a housebrand for GC. Nothing about warranty from them on their site, in the manual for this box they have posted and nothing on Hello Music's site.

In my case, I could use it to leave at church so I don't have to carry my RCF back and forth even. We'll see. For just over $200... I just had to go for that. We'll see!

*EDIT: This is interesting. In the email from hello music, this was noted: If you have purchased new gear or accessories...
  • We do our very best to ship orders in 7 business days, but in some cases, due to high demand, items may take up to 3 weeks to ship.
Really? What is "Hello Music" anyhow, like a "Big Lots" sort of clearing house for unwanted gear?

Last edited:
we (my work) ordered some ProTools 9 with mbox mini and free upgrade to 10 packages they were doing the other day ($100 less than everyone else).
they updated us with shipping info as they were received so it was my impression that they do move gear that they purchase at discount..not sure if it
is directly from manufacturer or what...I think they are probably a clearing house of sorts. have not heard anything negative about them so far and they have had some really cool gear to close out...probably bad for my buying habits :(

interested in hearing you guys' thoughts on the alto's
once received and used!!

Just a heads up Hello Music is blowing out the SXM112A Active Wedge For $225.00

Peace

Wait, just for today? Most of their stuff is 1 day only though some things do re-appear. I look at the place as a kind of W00t for musicians. :)

They always have stuff I want when I have no money, but I have $$ coming soon, so I might just be able to get this at $209!!! I first heard of them on Facebook when an old friend in a somewhat-famous touring band recommended them to me. Gotta go check my daily HelloMusic emails for today...!

Found it. Excited about this. A good review from someone who has used QSC HPR122i, FBT Verve 12ma, RCF ART 112a, LD Systems LDEB 122A s tells me even if they aren't the end-all-be-all, at $209 shipped it will be a great setup anyway.

Last edited:
DAMMIT, THEY SOLD OUT!

I've been trying to find one of these....just to try it. And having GC order one for me requires a letter for a congressman...so I've given up on them.

If anyone sees this deal again, please PM me.

Scott, looking forward to hearing your opinion....even if it is a month from now (lol).

Wait, just for today? Most of their stuff is 1 day only though some things do re-appear. I look at the place as a kind of W00t for musicians. :)

They always have stuff I want when I have no money, but I have $$ coming soon, so I might just be able to get this at $209!!! I first heard of them on Facebook when an old friend in a somewhat-famous touring band recommended them to me. Gotta go check my daily HelloMusic emails for today...!
Seems like most things reappear. The Pod HD500 is on its third or fourth round since I started following HM earlier this year. While $209 or even $234 is a screamin' deal, the good news is that you can get 'em all day long for $299 shipped. If the thing's not a POS, even that price is pretty tolerable.

I just ordered a pair of Alto SXM 112As from dv247.de for 297 euros a piece. Including shipping to Norway and norwegian VAT I guess they'll end up around 750 euros total, which I think is quite cheap by european standards. But of course it's still twice what you US guys would pay from Hello Music (before they were sold out..)
Happy new year everyone!

This is going to be really interesting. Will be cool to hear what two of the most respected people on the forum (Scott and Sean) have to say about these monitors.

I'm looking for a budget FRFR solution that will hold it's own in a metal band, so I'm eagerly waiting for some reviews on this Alto. If I can afford a couple 400w altos, I could get a single K12. I'm not sure which would be the best solution, but the Alto's size and weight are a HUGE selling point for me.

I'm abiout to audition for a metal band, and while that Axe FX II is phenomenal through studio monitors and combo returns, that isn't going to contend with a 120w tube amplifier and 4x12 cabinet. 400w SS doesn't seem to be much, and at first I would probably only purchase one monitor.

Reviews, PLEASE. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom