BROKE my guitar, should I sell my AXE FX II?

ichorus

Inspired
Broke my guitar beyond repair this weekend, can't afford to buy a new one as going away for a month to New Zealand next year (not even a budget one)

Would you sell your AXE FX II if you had no Guitar and not likely to have one until end of the year?

Not particularly happy at the moment.
Going to way it up. I don't need or want to sell it, but whats the point if it's just sitting there looking pretty?

Waited ages for it, I should really have 2 guitars+ after playing for 10 years...

Opinions? Please don't make any offers to buy though.

Sorry to hear that. I would not sell the FX. It is a lot more difficult to get another FX than to find a guitar. There are a lot of guitars out there, but not so many Fractals. Some music stores do a rent to own deal on guitars. Not knowing your financial situation this may be a bad idea, but you might look into a rent to own deal. If you do not have the funds for a purchase, perhaps you can manage a small payment on a guitar.

If you sell your FX, then buy a guitar, if you are like me, I am really spoiled so playing through anything other than my FX is just not makin' it. I think you'll end up pretty frustrated. I just think it will be easier to replace a guitar than your FX. Hope this works out for you.

your joking right? Im amazed at how cheap some really pretty nice guitars are. seriously a few hundred bucks can get u a decent ibanez jackson esp. Hell even music man guitars are bolt on. Now if you never plan on playing again then of course. Hell if you lived near me Id let you borrow one of mine!

You can buy a super cheap guitar these days for a couple hundred bucks. Seriously. Don't sell.
In fact, you could sell the parts of your guitar on eBay and make enough money to buy a cheep instrument.
Some guy just sold a broken (READ: BROKEN) Parker Fly for $900 buck! Unreal. So ... sell your bits and pieces and throw in a little cash and buy a guitar.
My 0.02

As I said I don't need or want to sell.
Just wondering what other peoples opinions of having an AXE FX II sitting unused for a long time would be.

I've moved every year (renting) so Hire purchase is out of the question. I could probably get a budget guitar in a few months, but at the same time I think that money could go towards a better guitar further down the line.

I know it might seem weird that someone who bought an AXE FX II can't spring for a budget guitar, but this holiday (family wedding) is costing £2.5k and quite a bit else to shell out for.

Should have saved a little more last year haha. I'll probably work it out. :)

What did you break that can't be fixed? Almost anything can be fixed. You'll have ask yourself if it is worth it. Worst case scenario..try the repair yourself. There are plenty of books out there showing how to do this kind of stuff. Even a broken neck can be repaired depending on the cleanness of the break. Keep the A2 though. Good luck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm with symphx. If you lived near me, I'd loan you one. I wouldn't sell the Axe unless I absolutely had to. Any other generous Axe owners in Glasgow?

I started wondering if you could rent it to a studio and make $ for a guitar that way.

Silly question for a thread..nobody lives your shoes..make whatever decision you feel most comfortable with, and best suits your circumstances.

Silly question for a thread..nobody lives your shoes..make whatever decision you feel most comfortable with, and best suits your circumstances.
Well there is some good suggestions. MikeyB59 that is a good idea actually. back when the Gamecube came out I bought it from Japan for £500 with a bunch of games. It didn't come out here for ages. I soldered in the switch to change it to US and rented it to a local games shops for a while. Got all my money back haha. I'd gladly let some bands or studios use/rent it. Might put the feelers out.

It was dropped from a height on to the side of its neck. Broke the neck with a dent rather than a snap. The nut came off which I could fix :D

If you want a nice guitar for the money, check out the Yamaha Pacifica line. Superb guitars for the *very* cheap price.

Hi

Sorry about your guitar.....

Seriously - I would consider selling the AXE. For the following reasons.

1. It is practically new.
2. You loose nothing by selling now. waiting list is still long. This presses the prices upwards on the few used AXEII
3. When you want to start playing again in a year or two. The waiting list is gone.
Buy an new one WITH warranty for ..... years instad of using an "old" one.
4. Chances are that a new product has surfaced in two years. Fractal or other. Cheaper or better

Kind regards

AAEN

Getting mine in 2 weeks time :)

Sell the defective guitar (in parts e.g.) and get a used Squier Classic Vibe for 150-200.- - superb guitars for its price!

If you want a nice guitar for the money, check out the Yamaha Pacifica line. Superb guitars for the *very* cheap price.
Blimey - you're not wrong
shock.gif

Have you spent much time with one..? Are they just ok for what they are or are they actually quite capable..?
thinking.gif

I bought a Pacifica as a gift for someone after looking at every guitar under $300 at several music stores. It has good pickups, plays well, intonates, stays in tune, has good materials, and has good build quality. The fret edges are smooth, the finish is nice. The guitar just looks, plays, and feels great for a guitar this price. It blows away any Squire I've played, or any other guitar in that price range that I tried. I recommended it to a friend who was also looking for a gift for a friend. He was so impressed he is considering one for himself. The setup from the factory was good on both. Of course, almost any non-locking vibrato arm will go out of tune if you go crazy with it.

Try one yourself. You can buy a better guitar, but not for that price (IMO). It's an instrument I could play as a main guitar if my budget did not allow for a better instrument. I'd put locking tuners on it (just because I really like them). Ibanez is another company that makes good cheap guitars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom