Brett Garsed using Axe FX II @ Experience Hendrix show, Melbourne.

Hi everyone,
I had the honor of being invited to play the the Experience Hendrix show in Melbourne, Australia last Friday night. Stuart Fraser and I we performing together and I used the Axe Fx II into my SWD 1x12 combo. It's only a camera mic recording but I think you can get a general idea of the tone. I'm so happy with this amazing unit that it's hard to put into words. I'm still working towards choosing a powered monitor for live gigs so when I use the SWD I bypass the cabinet/power amp models.
I've dialed up a really nice lead guitar sound which is using the power amp and cab models so when I can come up with a backing track I'll put up a demo and also post the patch so you can try it out and let me know what you think.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this clip. We had a great time at the gig!!
Cheers,
Brett.
BRETT GARSED STUART FRASER CMON (LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL) HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - YouTube

Great to have you here Brett. I'm a guitarist in Melbourne, I sometimes work with Gerry Pantazis.

Have you tried the Axe through an Atomic CLR Wedge? Highly recommended.

I haven't tried any powered monitors yet but the Atomic seems to be the one that is recommended, is that correct? I've had some others recommended as well, like the Yamaha DX R12 so any info on these things would be greatly appreciated!

When i woke up this morning and saw that my favourite guitar player was posting here...even my wife asked me what was going when she saw my face!!

Can't wait for the demo and the patch!!

Welcome Brett!!

I haven't tried any powered monitors yet but the Atomic seems to be the one that is recommended, is that correct?

hi brett, great to see you here!

there are three front runners for the FRFR crown at the moment - the Atomic CLR, the RCF NX12sma and the Matrix Q12a, with the Atomic generally considered to be nosing ahead

any one of these three would give you a great tone. don't forget that you can also run the axe into a poweramp and then into a regular guitar cab, but in terms of ease of use, flexibility and running direct to FOH as well as to your own backline, FRFR is the way to go IMO, because you get consistency across all scenarios

btw, if you love the axe now, wait until you try it through a good FRFR speaker at gig volume! :)

Welcome Brett,

I am a big fan of your playing. I didn't realize you were a great singer too.

I agree with the previous poster, the Atomic CLR is the one to get. I have the CLR wedge and an RCF and Matrix Q12a but the CLR sounds best to my ears.

Hello Brett so nice to see you here, welcome to the forum and thank you for all the awesome music!

:)

ps ... are you planning a gig in sweden sometime soon?

you have a good one
//Kenneth

Ok, so the Atomic is the way to go then! It's really important to me that what I hear coming out of the monitor is a true reference of what I'm sending to the pa so I'll see if I can try one of the Atomics out.
No gigs planned in Sweden unfortunately Kenneth.

Welcome here Brett :) I'm a big fan of your playing ; some years ago, we in fact exchanged some private messages, you helped having your "Rock guitar improvisation" DVD, which I can't recommend enough, delivered to Mauritius :)

Welcome aboard Brett!, It's a pleasure when pro players like you take part of their time to post here in the forum.

Just wanted to say I'm a huge fan of yours too Brett! Your approaches to hybrid picking and chord tone soloing completely changed my playing, I can't thank you enough!

You always have fantastic tone, great to see you with the Axe Fx, looking forward to catching you playing live with it soon...

Ok, so the Atomic is the way to go then! It's really important to me that what I hear coming out of the monitor is a true reference of what I'm sending to the pa so I'll see if I can try one of the Atomics out.
No gigs planned in Sweden unfortunately Kenneth.

The Atomics will blow you away!

Welcome Brett. Glad to have you here. Love the solo. Nice to see someone build the solo instead of just going for the usual shred arps. :)

Back
Top Bottom