BlueAmps Cabinets

@Lolo-G
How does the Cubo compare to the Mimic?
the comparison is not so easy because the approach is different. the MIMIC has a 12" CAB vs. 2 8" CABs with a stereo amp for the CUBO.
Naturally the MIMIC has more presence in the low end of the spectrum, I have not made a comparison at high volume. both are real FRFR.

The MIMIC that I owned was a special version with a stereo amp, I was able to test it with a second passive CAB equipped with an F12-X200 in stereo it was very pleasant the stereo space was naturally wider than on the CUBO.
For games in a noisy group I think the MIMIC will be more suitable. or go for 2 CUBOs or a CUBO EX!

My choice ultimately went to the CUBO because I play amplified by a sound system, the CUBO generally serves as my personal feedback, it's quite sufficient, my back likes its reasonable weight!

Don't hesitate to chat with Marco Wendel, he will give you good advice, he is a musician

I am also interested in the Cubo. Now i play with a Laney 1x12 FRFR, which is not so bad with some FM3 global EQ tweaking - but i like the Idea with stereo coming out of one Cab (i know that the stereo image can‘t be as wide as seperate Speakers). But i wish to know if the Cubo is as loud as my 1x12“ Laney LFR 112 with it‘s 200W Power Amp

I can attest to all the positive reviews.
I'm currently waiting for my Cubo, and working with Marco on the build details was delightful. He's very nice, patient and very professional.

Hello, a quick shout out for a tonal comparison of the CUBO and my pair of Celestion F12-X200s.
Here is the wiring:
OUT1(Copy L->R) => GSS AMP dual 100W/8=> Dual CAB F12-X200
OUT2(Copy L->R) => CUBO
Video/audio recording with a ZOOM Q2n
The video has been recompressed with Handbrake in mp4 without additional sound compression (passthru)
I did not try to make a comparison of acoustic power even less to do any measurement, just a comparison of the tonal rendering of the 2 systems by ear.

=> Video YT

=> Video Google Drive
Looks like the Celestions are as perfect as the CUBO, just the mic position could make the difference in the video.

Last edited:
I have a question: is Cubo suitable for home exercise or is it too noisy? I only need the speaker for home because I already have an MF10 stereo set for rehearsals and concerts, and this one is too loud for home use. Maybe Junior would be a better option for home?

I have a question: is Cubo suitable for home exercise or is it too noisy? I only need the speaker for home because I already have an MF10 stereo set for rehearsals and concerts, and this one is too loud for home use. Maybe Junior would be a better option for home?
Talk to Marco from Blueamps. Very nice guy. For home the junior is definitely enough, but my Cubo Ex is very nice sounding al low volumens. So I think the cubo could be the right choice with the opportunity to play also small gigs or rehearsels.

The question is whether Cubo can be a good replacement for studio monitors?
Studio Monitors are made for a different purpose.
If you are only playing at home or in a studio situation, I would get a good pair of studio monitors.
The Blueamps sound great at low volume and you can compensate a lot with the optional eq but they are mainly build for live purpose.

Well, that wasn't the question you posted ;)

Your post said "too noisy" and "loud" - nothing about studio monitors.
Perhaps he is asking questions imprecisely. English is not my primary language ;) Generally speaking, I'm looking for good speakers for playing at home and for setting sounds on my AxeFx III. I already have a set for playing at concerts and rehearsals - MF10, but I don't play them at home because they are too loud. I have Adam Audio T7V monitors at home, but I'm not entirely satisfied with them. I was thinking about replacing these monitors with Blueamp Cubo or Junior. I don't rule out that I might use them during rehearsals or small concerts, but that's a side issue. I'm mainly interested in playing at home. That's why I'm trying to find out if these Cubos will be a good replacement for studio monitors for playing at home. Maybe this is a bad idea? Maybe someone can advise me :) It's possible that what TheRedDevil wrote about connecting monitors with Cubo speakers is a good idea?

Perhaps he is asking questions imprecisely. English is not my primary language ;) Generally speaking, I'm looking for good speakers for playing at home and for setting sounds on my AxeFx III. I already have a set for playing at concerts and rehearsals - MF10, but I don't play them at home because they are too loud. I have Adam Audio T7V monitors at home, but I'm not entirely satisfied with them. I was thinking about replacing these monitors with Blueamp Cubo or Junior. I don't rule out that I might use them during rehearsals or small concerts, but that's a side issue. I'm mainly interested in playing at home. That's why I'm trying to find out if these Cubos will be a good replacement for studio monitors for playing at home. Maybe this is a bad idea? Maybe someone can advise me :) It's possible that what TheRedDevil wrote about connecting monitors with Cubo speakers is a good idea?
Yeah... I think there is a big difference between "replace studio monitors" and "work well for playing at home" :)

If you're only using studio monitors for playing your Fractal, that's different than say recording / mixing from your DAW.

The best answer but also the least satisfactory would be, "you have to try" Why I give this no answer, simply because playing at home at a volume not too high is something very personal and very dependent on the playing conditions... .Personally I have several FRFR speakers and also a small pair of monitors. I almost never use them to play guitar because it's too loud for my family. My most satisfactory and closest solution to live sound is headphones.
To give a small beginning of an answer to the initial question, I prefer to play on a FRFR speaker rather than on my pair of studio monitors (Eris 5).
The CUBO is in the same power range as the Elis8 from RedSound for example, therefore more suited to house volume rather than the MF10

In which country are you domiciled? I am selling my CUBO which is equipped with graphic correction and volume control.

Yeah... I think there is a big difference between "replace studio monitors" and "work well for playing at home" :)

If you're only using studio monitors for playing your Fractal, that's different than say recording / mixing from your DAW.
I only use the monitors for playing on the AxeFxIII, I don't use them for mixing in the DAW. I don't want to just buy a new FRFR and let it sit unused, but I think it might be a good replacement for these monitors. I play at quite low volume levels, as is typical at home, so I'm wondering if the Cubo is too loud or if it's better to get the Junior, but I'm also afraid that the Junior may not have enough body and bass because it has 6.5-inch speakers. I thought there was someone on the forum who had both of these speakers and could advise me :)

The best answer but also the least satisfactory would be, "you have to try" Why I give this no answer, simply because playing at home at a volume not too high is something very personal and very dependent on the playing conditions... .Personally I have several FRFR speakers and also a small pair of monitors. I almost never use them to play guitar because it's too loud for my family. My most satisfactory and closest solution to live sound is headphones.
To give a small beginning of an answer to the initial question, I prefer to play on a FRFR speaker rather than on my pair of studio monitors (Eris 5).
The CUBO is in the same power range as the Elis8 from RedSound for example, therefore more suited to house volume rather than the MF10

In which country are you domiciled? I am selling my CUBO which is equipped with graphic correction and volume control.
I'm from Poland but I'm not entirely sure about Cubo yet. I'm seriously considering buying Junior :)

Or you mix both at home to get the best of both worlds, refer to my rig
The studio monitors give you the (stereo) details, the FRFR cab the cab in the room feeling of an normal amp, both together give you "CD" quality not just "tape" quality like in past with normal amps. I play on bedroom volume level because of my damaged ears and it's better than in the past 30 years. It's a three way speaker concept, the cab as subwoofer with the ability to support the studio monitors with higher frequencies when you step away from the studio monitors. But you need to tweak the cab to sound like the studio monitors with the EQ. Just see my "crazy" settings for these speaker (compare the speaker datasheet) for low volume - For higher volume you need the decrease it:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom