Blastoff!

Is the Jose Modded Marshall amp sim included in the 11.0 firmware, it's not mentioned in the release notes (a question from a sorry old Axe-FX 1 user ;))?

OK- looks great, I am a big FAS fan, I JUST bought an Ultra, would have held out a couple months if I had any idea this was on the horizon-

will there be any type of hardware upgrade price for those who RECENTLY took the plunge, made the investment? I am not looking for anything free- just want to know if there are options...

ALSO- will the Ultra continue getting support after 11?

Please let us know- one way or the other.....
Thanks,

View Poll Results: countdown thoughts!!!

Out of 148 votes
49 got it right about a third of the people got it right including myself....pretty cool.

congrats, Cliff & team - looks like a worthy ascension to the throne :)

part of the blurb: "The Axe-Fx II uses digitally controlled potentiometers to operate as a unity-gain device irrespective of the input trim controls"

Cool, but what trim controls? Soft, I guess.

How is this going to affect Axe-Edit development?

There appear to be parameter changes in the new unit which will be totally different.

Can old school units expect to be covered, or are you going to leave us in beta hell?

Only the one instrument input?

On a couple of my guitars I've got a split magnetic/piezo out with the piezo currently going direct into a keyboard mixer; I'm guessing there's no way to get at the delays/verbs/chorii in this beast though the balanced input(s) on the back?

Baawww. Won't be able to afford the Axe-FX II for quite some time I imagine, unless I sell off some gear or something. :(

Still, cool to see FAS moving forward with a new model. :)

Only the one instrument input?

On a couple of my guitars I've got a split magnetic/piezo out with the piezo currently going direct into a keyboard mixer; I'm guessing there's no way to get at the delays/verbs/chorii in this beast though the balanced input(s) on the back?

The rear input will detect the unbalanced. The axe-fx II should handle you case fine. The unity gain option and other features handles pedals, amps, and the 4 cable method much better. Things were well thought out regarding this.

The rear input will detect the unbalanced. The axe-fx II should handle you case fine. The unity gain option and other features handles pedals, amps, and the 4 cable method much better. Things were well thought out regarding this.

Awesome! Thanks Sean!

Last edited:
Well, thanks Cliff for doing the reveal tonight. I'll be getting one. Painful given the recency of my purchase of the Ultra, but the Axe Fx II looks like a fantastic product. I'm sure all of us would appreciate any news on availability, lead time on orders, expected stock of first shipment, etc. I'm hoping to get this done ASAP so I can get on with (or should I say "restart") the task of settling into a rig I hope to last for several years. Please keep the news and info coming.

Thanks to you and your team for moving this great solution forward.

The countdown was worth waiting for. lives up to my expectations, if not exceeding them.

it has everything i'd been asking for, and nothing I didn't, 2199 is a great price too. O_O

some quick questions

*Will Aussies be able to buy them from the States? Or have to go local (which means even with the strong dollar we will be most likely paying a ton more :(

+1000, we will cop it in the bum price wise as usual.

Now you do realize that you took all of our ideas and used them to create this so it's kind of like we contributed here.

Pretty cool that you were able double up on the DSP's without upcharging too much.

As long as we can get in on the new AxeEdit I'm cool for at least the next few years....unless someone wants to trade me straight up. :razz

Well at least I know I can get an ultra or a standard cheap now :razz but damn that axe 2 is a monster. It had headphones outputs. Gotta wait until next tax return :lol

Java, would you say that these new features are worth the pain of upgrading if I'm usually a 4CM user of the Ultra? I bought my Ultra on December as a Christmas gift to myself.

I'm impressed, I only use a smidgen of the power of my Ultra, but I love what I'm seeing in the Axe FX II, the headphone output and USB stuff is really well thought out.

It's not in my near future but maybe sometime. It doesn't change how my Ultra sounds too me.

I'll have to check out the firmware changes now

Hey where Jay and yek?I think Cliff sent Yek an axe 2 for his contribution to fractal. And if he didn't, shame on you Cliff. I know you have all the right to not give a product to someone, but if anyone were to deserve a free axe 2, it'd be him.

Back
Top Bottom