Best way to bulk transfer presets and cabs when moving to FM3

I just received my non-headphone option and got word the in a weeks I might receive the with-headphone model invite email! Super excited about this.

However, I am wondering how people have made the transition from gear to another and moved their user cabs and presets neatly and easily to the new gear??

I have AX8 and I would say 50-100 user cabs spread across the user slots and then about 75 great presets that I would like to take to the FM3 in any case. But I am worried that I might have to re-select the cabs for every presets if the user slot number changes when I bulk move the cabs to the FM3..(?) Of course there are some user cabs that I don't use and in best scenario and on the other hand some great presets that use stock cabs, which would change slightly sonic-wise in FM3 I guess. Is there a way to export the presets that I would like to move in a way that it includes the cab also and the I could just import those ones to FM3 and select good user cab slots.

I would love to hear how you have gone about this?

You can move presets from the AX8 to the FM3 using @AlGrenadine 's FracTool. They will almost certainly sound different, largely because of the changes in amp modeling between 2nd-generation and 3rd-generation Fractal modelers.

You can put your user cabs anywhere you like on the FM3, using the Manage Cabs tool in FM3-Edit. That works just the same as the Axe-Manage Cabs tool in AX8-Edit.

The FM3 includes all the factory cabs in the AX8. You might have to edit the cabs in those presets to point to the Legacy cab bank in the FM3.

You mean that when both are connected I can move those in bulks/banks? I noticed that in fractool there is a cab listing based on presets that I can export as csv for safekeeping the preset+cab links that I am using.

In putting the cabs there is quite possible a different slot number since I am planning on getting the Austin Buddys collection once it comes and that overrules quite a bit of the user slots I imagine, so perhaps I should wait for that and only after start placing my user cabs to those slots that are still free and the manually check the presets through which I can bulk transfer with the fractool.

Just watched a YouTube video about fractool taking in a bank file and converting that into a new bank file but with a conversion to a e.g. fx3, and after that fracbot can be used to bulk import that new bank file with presets in them. This might came handy for me and save some time

You mean that when both are connected I can move those in bulks/banks?
When the AX8 is connected, FracTool can convert your AX8 presets into Ax-Fx III presets. You can load Axe-Fx III presets into the FM3 in the same way that you would load AX8 presets into the AX8.

In putting the cabs there is quite possible a different slot number since I am planning on getting the Austin Buddys collection once it comes and that overrules quite a bit of the user slots I imagine...
@austinbuddy 's presets make heavy use of the stock factory cabs, so there might be less juggling around than you think.

Thanks for explaining, now I got it! Having austinbuddy's and fremen's pack plus individual stuff flying around the user cab listing a mess as keeping it organized is not that efficient. This is a good way to "start over".

Back
Top Bottom