Best FracPad wireless midi interface

Then you need MD-BT01 not UD.
UD will work with Android and AxeFx but you'll have to connect with a cable your android device to the axefx then use the bluetooth interface once the axefx usb firmware has been sent

Then you need MD-BT01 not UD.
UD will work with Android and AxeFx but you'll have to connect with a cable your android device to the axefx then use the bluetooth interface once the axefx usb firmware has been sent

Ah right - I'll have to change it then. Thanks for the tip.

I can report that my XL+ communicates great and very quickly with FracPad on my iPad Pro via the Yamaha MB-BT01 and midimittr. Very happy with the program, it's features and speed. Great job everyone!

Ok there's a problem with this interface on the AxeFx USB, it seems to loose some bytes... I'll try tomorrow on the AX8 as it's the prefered device for this interface, i hope it's something related to the AxeFx's Usb port which is USB2 while tha AX8's is USB 1.1...

Everything works, only the long midi sysexes are mangled.

Question to MD-BT01 users with an AxeFx : does the cab names and preset names read on FracPad start work ?

I just got both a MD and UD Yamaha interface. I have the UD hooked to AX eight - number keys dead on my keyboard - and then to Ipad Air two. I'm using the BLE-midi program that I also use with Korg Bluetooth midi keyboard to make the bluetooth available to Ipad via Core midi. The first couple of times I ran FracPad it crashed shortly after starting to download cab data. I used the Battery Doctor app to free up ram and then it worked fine. Just like Axe Edit, it took a while to download the block definitions, but once that was done, seems to work fine. I haven't used it much, but it looks totally workable. I had previously connected a different Ipad to the AX eight via CC kit and that connection was clearly faster in terms of downloading block data, but in interaction with app, both connections seem just fine so far.

Haven't used the MD interface for my first gen Axe FX two, but will report when I have a chance. Thanks so much for the editor. I was one of the big supporters of the Lemur template and have missed it. I even bought a cheap tablet for use with the Ax eight so I could touch screen edit the AX eight. That works ok, but I like my Idevices more than the little tablet and am much more likely to have them around, so having a good Ipad editor was a no-brainer buy for me. Thanks for all the work on it. what a labor of love.

I just got both a MD and UD Yamaha interface. I have the UD hooked to AX eight - number keys dead on my keyboard - and then to Ipad Air two. I'm using the BLE-midi program that I also use with Korg Bluetooth midi keyboard to make the bluetooth available to Ipad via Core midi. The first couple of times I ran FracPad it crashed shortly after starting to download cab data. I used the Battery Doctor app to free up ram and then it worked fine. Just like Axe Edit, it took a while to download the block definitions, but once that was done, seems to work fine. I haven't used it much, but it looks totally workable. I had previously connected a different Ipad to the AX eight via CC kit and that connection was clearly faster in terms of downloading block data, but in interaction with app, both connections seem just fine so far.

Haven't used the MD interface for my first gen Axe FX two, but will report when I have a chance. Thanks so much for the editor. I was one of the big supporters of the Lemur template and have missed it. I even bought a cheap tablet for use with the Ax eight so I could touch screen edit the AX eight. That works ok, but I like my Idevices more than the little tablet and am much more likely to have them around, so having a good Ipad editor was a no-brainer buy for me. Thanks for all the work on it. what a labor of love.
Thanks for the feedback, can you try to see if all amps parameters are correct, not set to 0?

I think i have an idea to prevent from these Bluetooth bugs. The communication will be slower but it should work, so you'll have an option to check when using Bluetooth, in order to keep a good speed for other uses

Turns out I had a lot of trouble with the bluetooth adapter. The patch names didn't load in so it's impossible to know what patch you're selecting. Parameter values seemed to load in. Both wired and bluetooth I'm having trouble with reverb mix. The values that show up once you touch the control are way out of the range of a hundred percent. It's almost impossible to select a reasonable value for the mix parameter. I did upgrade my interface to the point zero two firmware, but it didn't seem to help with the issues I'm having.

PS I also just tried to adjust the mix parameter wired for a delay and got the same behavior as with reverb. I can turn it to zero, but the second I try to raise the value and let off the control the value is one hundred percent. It looks like the number is going WAY over a hundred when I'm adjusting it to unreal percentage numbers.

Turns out I had a lot of trouble with the bluetooth adapter. The patch names didn't load in so it's impossible to know what patch you're selecting. Parameter values seemed to load in. Both wired and bluetooth I'm having trouble with reverb mix. The values that show up once you touch the control are way out of the range of a hundred percent. It's almost impossible to select a reasonable value for the mix parameter. I did upgrade my interface to the point zero two firmware, but it didn't seem to help with the issues I'm having.
Yes don't use Bluetooth until i manage to fix this. It works great with non-bt connections, use that ;)

Question to MD-BT01 users with an AxeFx : does the cab names and preset names read on FracPad start work ?
I have poll cab and preset names at startup enabled and it crashes always at first but works second time.
Both names are then shown as they should be.

Back
Top Bottom