Best FracPad wireless midi interface

BTW Al - to update my original issue that was using my iPhone. I have FracPad working well on the IPad with my XL and the MD BT01 right now. All seems good from the iPad.

Reactions: svl
Thank god- I was researching and waiting, but finally ordered an MD this morning, and then started reading about all the trouble. Good to hear it works well with the iPad.

That's good news so it seems only the UD-BT01 is bad... I guess i'll have to buy a MD in order to do full testings... Anyway i'll try the UD on the AX8 in few minuts :)
Please do, because I don´t see any problems here.
It works here with iPad pro BIG one, iPhone 6s, and iPad mini2. FracPad is fast with them all. Amp block is only slow one to open but thats not a problem. Only fast things you want are the switches and knobs.
There may be some minor things as I haven´t tested everything. But i´m sure nothing can stop this now, I love it!
I tweak tones, switch amps, effects, cabs, all that for finding the good tone.
And last but not least I use that small app for scene changes with full screen while playing ;)
GO FOR THE MD version WITH THE AXE FX UNITS!

Last edited:
That's good news so it seems only the UD-BT01 is bad... I guess i'll have to buy a MD in order to do full testings... Anyway i'll try the UD on the AX8 in few minuts :)

Yea, I do wonder why its not working with my iphone 6 though. VS the Ipad. Maybe I need a software update now that I think about it.

Please do, because I don´t see any problems here.
It works here with iPad pro BIG one, iPhone 6s, and iPad mini2. FracPad is fast with them all. Amp block is only slow one to open but thats not a problem. Only fast things you want are the switches and knobs.
There may be some minor things as I haven´t tested everything. But i´m sure nothing can stop this now, I love it!
I tweak tones, switch amps, effects, cabs, all that for finding the good tone.
And last but not least I use that small app for scene changes with full screen while playing ;)
GO FOR THE MD version WITH THE AXE FX UNITS!
Bad news mates, it works pretty bad and is awesomely slow with the UD-BT01 on the ax8, i'll try to change it for a md-bt01 for the axefx but for now there's no Bluetooth solution for the ax8. I'll correct the wiki

Is the iPhone 6 Bluetooth 4.0?
Yes it is. I'd think if that was the issue it wouldn't show the preset names and cab names, switch scenes, bypass fx and all that. ya know? I'll do my best do more troubleshooting later with some screen shots and/or video. Hopefully its all something stupid on my particular iphone right now haha. I mean iPad Air 2 was working great.

Yes it is. I'd think if that was the issue it wouldn't show the preset names and cab names, switch scenes, bypass fx and all that. ya know? I'll do my best do more troubleshooting later with some screen shots and/or video. Hopefully its all something stupid on my particular iphone right now haha. I mean iPad Air 2 was working great.
With exactly the same fasDevice and midi interface?

Bad news mates, it works pretty bad and is awesomely slow with the UD-BT01 on the ax8, i'll try to change it for a md-bt01 for the axefx but for now there's no Bluetooth solution for the ax8. I'll correct the wiki
And does the UD-BT01 works with Android and Axe fx?

I was thinking if a Raspberry wired on the usb port can host a bluetooth connection and transmit midi message to the Axe. It will be a very affordable wireless solution

I was thinking if a Raspberry wired on the usb port can host a bluetooth connection and transmit midi message to the Axe. It will be a very affordable wireless solution
It could, and the good think would be it could support the axefx usb driver... But it's a totally different dev than FracPad...

Reactions: iNX
Back
Top Bottom