'Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.1: Classic Tones' out now! (METALLICA presets) AX8 compatible

Hi John I have been using and testing the Black Album tones and sound really good, my question is regarding the Clean tones, I have an AX8 and the clean tones are very low of volume, I tried what you said increasing the 10 DB in the cab Level but is not enough, I don't want to mess up the tone affecting the volume of the amp or master volume, what you recommend me to fix this?

Don't worry, you can raise the level more using the amp level.
You can even change the gain as long as you don't hear distortion (with the clean tones).
Tonematch IR's aren't rigid, don't be afraid of experimenting.

Can't wait to try out these presets!

Please consider doing a 90's run-through, at least for the great ones: King Nothing, Until it Sleeps, Unforgiven II, Fuel, Whiskey in the Jar, Die Die My Darling, Turn the Page, Stone-Cold Crazy, No Leaf Clover, I Disappear.

Great work

Can't wait to try out these presets!

Please consider doing a 90's run-through, at least for the great ones: King Nothing, Until it Sleeps, Unforgiven II, Fuel, Whiskey in the Jar, Die Die My Darling, Turn the Page, Stone-Cold Crazy, No Leaf Clover, I Disappear.

Great work

I'm definitely considering doing another pack!

By the way, thanks again for the support so far guys, it means a lot!
Would love to hear some Metallica covers from you guys!

EDIT: The Pre-Sale is CLOSED!

Hey everyone!

I've gotten many positive reactions from you guys and for that I'm very thankful!
It's good to know that all those hours making and tweaking the presets wasn't for nothing.
So thanks a lot for the support and investment!

Because of this I've decided to start working on Volume.2!

What will Volume.2 feature?

Volume 2 will feature presets and tonematches for the following albums:

-Load
-Reload
-Garage Inc.
-St. Anger
-Death Magnetic
-Hardwired

This pack will also feature some bonus live tonematches from recent live shows, S&M and more!

As with the first pack I'm fully dependent on source material but I will hunt as many tones down as I can.
If you happen to have any suggestions for great sounding live tones, please let me know.
Please only send suggestions with isolated guitar parts with as little as possible crowd noise.
I've already found a few good sources but having more options can't hurt!

The Pre-Sale:

Since many of you have requested a Volume.2 pack, I've decided to offer you the chance to be a part of this from the start via a pre-sale option.
You'll be given early access to all the albums as soon as they are done.
The first album will very likely be done THIS WEEK!
I'll add you to a special mailing list.
The people on that list will be given a discount next to the early access.

How you can be a part of the 'early adopter' / 'Pre-sale' list:

Make a payment of 30 Euros to my PayPal account (jonsymonsutrecht@hotmail.com or paypal.me/guitarjon) and I'll add you to the special pre sale list.
The price for the final pack once released will be 35 Euros.
Please clearly state that this payment is for the Pre-Sale and as before also please type in your email address and the type of file you want (AX8 or Axe FX).

Note: I can't guarantee a dealine for all the files to be finished but I will definitely make it a priority to get them done as soon as I can.

It's going to be a fun ride!

Thanks again for the support and your enthusiasm!

Kind regards,

Guitarjon

Last edited:
For using the vol1 for a week, I can say to everyone who would hesitate to buy the Guitarjon collection that it works perfectly on AX8! The sound are just excellent, amazing of accuracy. The distortion patches are 100% top noch, you don't sound like Metallica, you are metallica.
Volume 2 bought, can't wait for this Load area tone.

Quick update:

I had a lot of time last week and this weekend to work on more presets.
This means that it's going faster than I expected! :)
I've started on the St. Anger and Death Magnetic presets.
They turned out WAY better than I expected.

The St. Anger sounds are actually pretty useable!
Try them live / loud.
They have nice mids so turning them up will make them more ballsy!

The Death Magnetic sounds came out amazing.
As many of you know, the album master suffers from some bad clipping.
Unfortunately the stems from guitar hero also have clipping albeit less clipping.
Luckily the clipping doesn't really translate to tonematches so the presets kinda sound better than the record in a way....
Pleasantly surprised!

All of this means that the official release will be soon so if you want to jump into the pre-sale group, do it now!

Last edited:

Bay Area Metal Giants Vol.2 is OUT NOW!

This pack included 142! new presets from the 6 most recent Metallica albums.
Since this is a continuation please refer to the first post in this thread for technical details.

Vol.2 features a folder with bonus live tones from a couple different sources.
I think they turned out just perfect!

To purchase this pack transfer 35 euros to this PayPal account: jonsymonsutrecht@hotmail.com or via paypal.me/guitarjon

Vol.1 and Vol.2 combined now have a whopping 274 presets to offer, made with great care!

I hope you guys enjoy these!

Any chance you'll sell single songs at some point? I'm a huge, huge Metallica fan but I don't know what I'd even do with 274 Metallica presets.

Any chance you'll sell single songs at some point? I'm a huge, huge Metallica fan but I don't know what I'd even do with 274 Metallica presets.
Don't hesitate to take one of those packs !
I have both of them and Guitarjon made some really good job. You feel like you are playing the albums !
Of course you won't use all of them but you will be able to chose which sound is the best for you !

Back
Top Bottom