Bass guitar presets

Bodde

Fractal Fanatic
Hi, this is my first post. Just got my Axe II two weeks ago. Still finding out and learning all the stuff.

I know the Axe is primary designed for guitar players. But besides guitar I also play a lot of bass.
Unfortunately there is only one bass amp model (VT). Maybe we can share and exchange some nice bass presets in this topic?
I will try to post some presets in a few weeks when I am more acquainted with everything.

So anyone already has some bass presets for the Axe-fx II?

Yes several, but they're only adjusted in headphones, which is why I haven't released them. I did make one that doesn't use an amp model at all and is more like a Sansamp type of thing with included effects you can turn on and off. That was posted in the patches section some time ago but I have since made some minor changes to it. I can release my presets if requested, but again, they're only headphone adjusted so they would possibly need some EQ tweaking.

Hi DLM. Thanks for your reply. Curious about your bass presets for the Axe-II.

Still tweaking them a bit for 5x. I'll get them saved and post them soon. Most are close but I have a few more to adjust.

You will find three fantastic, highly realistic bass patches on this link, called
Fender J Bass, Fender P Bass, and Rock 'n Roll J Bass. The only 'real' sounding
bass patches I've yet heard (for use with standard electric guitar as the controller).
If you wanted to play a real bass thru them, I'll bet you could just turn off the
Pitch blocks, and it would sound great.

It is also the greatest collection of original Axe II patches
by any individual, who unfortunately for us, just left (he gets paid for
this now). Forum member, Smilefan (miss ya buddy!):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42749093/Smilefan 5.zip

Last edited:
Hi Metalpriest,

Thanks, I have heard those patches. They are great but they are not bass guitar presets. Just some bass guitar emulation for guitar. They also have some latency due to the pitch down.
I might tweak them for bass guitar though. Still hope that on a new firmware update some more bass amps and cabs will be included. One amp is very poorly for us bass players!

My v5 bass presets.

Ok here are my presets. They're designed for my bass and adjusted through my Sony headphones. The basses they were created with are a Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Stiletto Custom 5 and a Schecter Studio 4 Fretless. Pickups and EQ settings will be noted below along with what pickup I mainly use with it. These basses have EMG 35Hz and 40Hz pickups. They work for me and my gear. Adjust them to taste for your own set up.

Bass.syx - (Desc: Mellow bass - Stiletto 4 and 5 - EQ: Bass max / Treb middle - Pickup: bridge)

Bass Bright.syx - (Desc: Bright / Slap bass - Stiletto 4 and 5 - EQ: Bass max / Treb middle to max - Pickup: bridge)

Bass Fretless.syx - (Desc: Fretless bass, EQ'd for fretless specifically. - Studio 4 Fretless - EQ: Bass max for bridge, middle for neck / Mid middle / Treb min - Pickup: neck or bridge, but neck for more of an acoustic bass feel, and play on the neck itself.)

Bass Bright Wah.syx - (Desc: Bright bass with wah and optional rotary. Rotary creates a bit of a rotary noise, so you can use it or not. I prefer it on. - Stiletto 4 and 5 - EQ: Bass middle or max / Treb middle - Pickup: bridge)

Bass Mellow Wah.syx - (Desc: Same as Bass Bright Wah, but EQ'd differently so the tone it more mellow. Sounds nicer with the fretless.)

Bass No Amp Sim.syx - (Desc: No sim in this one, just EQ and some optional effects. This is more of a Sansamp type of a preset that allows more of the natural sound and feel of the bass to come through. - Stiletto 4 and 5 - EQ: Bass max / Treb middle - Pickup: bridge)

Edit: Link removed. I'll add it back in once I've finalized the edits and re-uploaded the patches. I've made improvements to several of them. I'll re-upload them today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
I also had great results for bass by using the Tube Pre or no amp sim at all.
Try to get that 'only one bass amp' out of your head and start exploring. :)

I just uploaded some bass cabs here...

I have tried to load your user cabs into the Axe 2. But I don't get any sound. I also had that with loading the Aura emulation guitar cabs as well.

here is what I did: I loaded the files in user cabs in Axe manage. The name get displayed when I choose user cabs in the main cab menu. Then I choose one of your cabs and don't get any sound.
Don't know what I am doing wrong?

I also had great results for bass by using the Tube Pre or no amp sim at all.

Don, can you give an example of your Tube Pre settings? not sure what you mean

Last edited:
I have tried to load your user cabs into the Axe 2. But I don't get any sound. I also had that with loading the Aura emulation guitar cabs as well.

here is what I did: I loaded the files in user cabs in Axe manage. The name get displayed when I choose user cabs in the main cab menu. Then I choose one of your cabs and don't get any sound.
Don't know what I am doing wrong?

I think (and bear in mind I am new to this and have never done it the way round) it's like this...

1. Copy the files to AXE-EDIT/Cabs
2. In Axe manage open a new view so you can now copy them to AXE-FX/User Cabs
3. Select the ones you want and use File->Send To Axe FX

I think this should work. You might be able to copy the files direct to AXE-FX/User Cabs first and avoid step one.

Please someone with more experience correct me if I'm wrong!

cheers

Aaah..it was just me being stupid. I did everything right. Just forgot to send them to the Axe fx. And I have done this before so I am stupid.

Back
Top Bottom