Bark At The Moon VIDEO complete song with backing track

samhill said:
Deltafit said:
I'll chime in again here. Mark, i just downloaded your new Panama patches and once again theres something completely wrong with it. :evil:

Basically sounds like the above clip where the bass MASSIVELY overpowers everything else and everything is just 'not there' and theres about 10 thick blankets over the speakers. It just seems like somewhere along the line something is really screwing things up with the upload/download off the 'quality' of your great patches. I've checked everything regarding the global eq's, cab and amp sims and they're all on/fine. I've downloaded a few of the other guys patches and they seem to work great, although they are not as high gain as yours.

This is really strange!

bizarre.

I'll email Cliff and see what's up?

You guys are running these patches direct through OUT 1 low imp..correct?

Mark

I'm having similar problems the Bark at the moon and this latest patch. I am running Out 1 into a Presonus Firepod to the DAW no eq or post processing. The first link shows the example of how your Panama patch sounds untouched.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6717162002691fbc/

Then afte i've take down the bass all the way in the CA3+ LD AMP also i adjusted the graphicsEQ and turned the 63 down to -12.0 end filter from original settings to Freq 11298 gain 5.4 all others the same.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/671716327c9d44f7/

please ignore the sloppy playing, i learned these parts watching your video for a short time then recorded these examples.

samhill said:
bizarre.

Mark

I'm running SPDIF. I am selecting SPDIF as master and 48/24. Global Cab, amp and EQ is on.

Warrior said:
samhill said:
bizarre.

Mark

I'm running SPDIF. I am selecting SPDIF as master and 48/24. Global Cab, amp and EQ is on.

Are you getting the same results as well? muffled?

I’m having these issues too …. Have since the beginning. Dweezil’s patches, Pete Thorn’s, Mark’s etc; etc; …. They all sound terribly “woofy” when I load them up on my Axe ….

I use: Output # 1 ( Low Imp. ) out directly to a pair of KRK V4 Mk II monitors …, no changes to anything “global” ever since I bought my Ultra a year ago !

Truthfully, I just figured it was my “guitar”. Because to start with, it’s a weird combination of woods ( Mahogany Body / Maple Top ) with a ( Maple / Maple ) Neck …, and I took out the stock DiMarzio HS-3 “high output” pickup years ago in favor of a S.D. EVH Custom shop “low output” PAF style pickup ( which I'm now replacing with a Suhr Aldrich ), which should be much closer to the original pickup in output ....

Now that others are having the same problems, I’m not so sure ?

Although I doubt the problem is with Mark’s Axe. Because it seems the majority of folks load up his patches with no problem ( or at least no problem, now that Mark has published his Global EQ adjustments ) ….

Plus a few months ago, I sent Mark one of my patches to try out. I expected him to tell me it was so bright and shrill that he couldn't use it. That didn't seem to be the case ( O.K., it's a one-way issue, now I'm really confused ) ? Mark's only comments were that I had WAY too many effects on it. Well O.K., it was my attemtp at a Steve Lukather Lead sound ( w/both the Lexi Pan & Circular delays ) ..., so he had a point there !

More likely the problem is mine, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what I should / could do differently ?

samhill said:
Warrior said:
samhill said:
bizarre.

Mark

Are you getting the same results as well? muffled?

Yes. And very flubby lows.

I am using a Waves REQ4 on the guitar strip for my recordings. I use it as a lo/hi pass filter only at about 150hz and 6khz. Have you tried something like that?

It could very well be my picking style in combination with my active pickups that cleans it up...not sure.

When folks asked me for my OD100se+ settings they often stated that it had WAY too much bottom...yet I never experienced that.
Interesting??

I have sent Cliff the Panama preset and explained what is going on..so maybe he will have some thoughts on this issue.

Mark

R.D. said:
I’m having these issues too …. Have since the beginning. Dweezil’s patches, Pete Thorn’s, Mark’s etc; etc; …. They all sound terribly “woofy” when I load them up on my Axe ….

I use: Output # 1 ( Low Imp. ) out directly to a pair of KRK V4 Mk II monitors …, no changes to anything “global” ever since I bought my Ultra a year ago !

Truthfully, I just figured it was my “guitar”. Because to start with, it’s a weird combination of woods ( Mahogany Body / Maple Top ) with a ( Maple / Maple ) Neck …, and I took out the stock DiMarzio HS-3 “high output” pickup years ago in favor of a S.D. EVH Custom shop “low output” PAF style pickup ( which I'm now replacing with a Suhr Aldrich ), which should be much closer to the original pickup in output ....

Although I doubt the problem is with Mark’s Axe. Because it seems the majority of folks load up his patches with no problem ( or at least no problem, now that Mark has published his Global EQ adjustments ) ….

Plus a few months ago, I sent Mark one of my patches to try out. I expected him to tell me it was so bright and shrill that he couldn't use it. That didn't seem to be the case ( O.K., it's a one-way issue, now I'm really confused ) ? Mark's only comments were that I had WAY too many effects on it. Well O.K., it was my attemtp at a Steve Lukather Lead sound ( w/both the Lexi Pan & Circular delays ) ..., so he had a point there !

More likely the problem is mine, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out what I should / could do differently ?

Just so you know Roger, the last two presets I have posted (BATM and Panama) I have reset both my Global EQ's to FLAT.

Mark

samhill said:
Just so you know Roger, the last two presets I have posted (BATM and Panama) I have reset both my Global EQ's to FLAT.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for reminding me about that ! I get my guitar back ( from the pickup swap ) tomorrow, I'll load up the latest and see if anything has changed ....

BTW - Certainly is a good argument for "the tone is in your fingers" isn't it !?!

L8tr ....

I think the issue I'm experiencing is something other than my pickups or EQ. Must be a setting that needs to be tweeked but something is definetely off.

Warrior said:
I think the issue I'm experiencing is something other than my pickups or EQ. Must be a setting that needs to be tweeked but something is definetely off.

I'm in agreement with you :)

I am talking with Cliff about it over email as we speak (over email...lol)

Mark

samhill said:
Warrior said:

Mark

Awesome Mark. Thank you so much for your help!

So what does Cliff's voice sound like over email, anyway? :lol:

Warrior said:
samhill said:
Warrior said:

Mark

Awesome Mark. Thank you so much for your help!

So what does Cliff's voice sound like over email, anyway? :lol:

Monotone, very monotone.

At first i was thinking it was my guitar, but i have 6 guitars, and 3 of them i use often, The ones i use most are the Js1200, Schecter HellRaiser c-1 fr and a Schecter C-1. All sound woofy when i import patches, and all have much different pickup's so i'm not sure whats going on.

R.D. said:

Is anyone having good luck with my latest patches?

ie: the BATM and Panama presets? With Global EQ's FLAT??

Mark

samhill said:
Is anyone having good luck with my latest patches?

ie: the BATM and Panama presets? With Global EQ's FLAT??

Mark

I'm not, i have everything Flat i double checked last night before i recorded and sent the first post, wanted to make sure i checked my settings as you requested before i recorded and posted anything about the issues so you wouldn't be running around looking for ghosts lol. Thanks for trying to figure it out. I'm still lost as to why, because i'm running from the Axe Fx Ultra to my Firepod to computer and thats it.direct, so it should sound closer than it does even if guitars are different as i have two guitars with active pickup's one has the Active Emg's.

I wanted to add that i'm using the latest Ultra Firmware Version 8.09 and purchased my Ultra Back in late July 2009.

samhill said:
Warrior said:

Mark

Thats also the conclusion i came up with...that a setting somewhere along the signal chain is turned off. 'Woofy'...the perfect word to describe the sound i'm getting also. Utter lack of clarity.

Forgive my ignorance here as i'm new to this stuff but..Mark i seem to recall you using a Mac? Could it be us PC users who are the ones having the problems? Conversion issues i'm thinking!?!?!. Again, sorry if this is a completely stupid question! :oops: :lol:

Deltafit said:
Thats also the conclusion i came up with...that a setting somewhere along the signal chain is turned off. 'Woofy'...the perfect word to describe the sound i'm getting also. Utter lack of clarity.

Forgive my ignorance here as i'm new to this stuff but..Mark i seem to recall you using a Mac? Could it be us PC users who are the ones having the problems? Conversion issues i'm thinking!?!?!. Again, sorry if this is a completely stupid question! :oops: :lol:

Yes I am a Mac user.
Has everyone made sure all the EQ blocks in the chain are NOT bypassed. Is anyone using a controller that might be affecting anything in the chain?

Globals should be:

OUT 1/2 EQ's flat
PA/Cab Sims ON
Tone stack passive

I/O's stereo L/R
Phase NOT inverted.

Mark

samhill said:
Deltafit said:

Yes I am a Mac user.
Has everyone made sure all the EQ blocks in the chain are NOT bypassed. Is anyone using a controller that might be affecting anything in the chain?

Globals should be:

OUT 1/2 EQ's flat
PA/Cab Sims ON
Tone stack passive

I/O's stereo L/R
Phase NOT inverted.

Mark

Check!

Back
Top Bottom