Bark At The Moon VIDEO complete song with backing track

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Here's my attempt at Bark At The Moon. I played along with a backing track that I got from the internet, it has drums, bass and keys. I put a rhythm track after the first solo for a couple of bars and doubled the end solo for effect. Lots of clams and it's "MY" take on the song, certainly not note for note.

I recorded using the AxeFx direct outs, an SM57 in front of one cab and the Edirol R09HR (so three sources, but all played at once).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t11dyhUuDg8&fmt=22

Mark

\m/ :lol: \m/

It was still a smokin lead!

I'm sure I'm not the only one singing along
owwWWWWWWWWWwww :eek:

Great Mark!

(btw - what is the square footage of your studio and especially that room you play in)

GuitarDojo said:
Great Mark!

(btw - what is the square footage of your studio and especially that room you play in)

The studio is 2000 sq ft I think my room is like 8x10'?? We have a nice lounge area, staff room and 7 teaching areas, 1 is a larger drum and band room.

Mark

Don't you have any guitars that don't look so damn beautiful? Envy keeps me from enjoying the videos to the fulliest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding.

javajunkie said:
That brings back high school! :D

mmmmm, high school.

For me HS was long gone when BATM came out...lol.

Mark

Dutch said:
Don't you have any guitars that don't look so damn beautiful? Envy keeps me from enjoying the videos to the fulliest.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding.

Ok next time I will use the shitty AAA top LP or my non-10 top PRS...ya that's it the non 10-top....embarrassing....lol

Mark

Hi Mark,
must be boring to always ready this raving :roll: ... and I don't like to be a bore ... but I must admit ... it f´was f*****g amazing as usual :shock: . Sorry to repeat myself. So boring ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go ahead!
Micha

michl_666 said:
Hi Mark,
must be boring to always ready this raving :roll: ... and I don't like to be a bore ... but I must admit ... it f´was f*****g amazing as usual :shock: . Sorry to repeat myself. So boring ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Go ahead!
Micha

Bore me all you want!!!

:)

Mark

samhill said:
GuitarDojo said:
Great Mark!

The studio is 2000 sq ft I think my room is like 8x10'?? We have a nice lounge area, staff room and 7 teaching areas, 1 is a larger drum and band room.

Mark
Do you own it out right or lease?
My studio is only 352 sq ft. :lol:
2 private with rooms that are 7x8.

GuitarDojo said:
samhill said:
GuitarDojo said:
Great Mark!

Mark
Do you own it out right or lease?
My studio is only 352 sq ft. :lol:
2 private with rooms that are 7x8.

Lease.....in our city a comparable sized place to own would set us back about $12k a year in municipal taxes, we don't pay that in rent and our taxes are included in the lease, so it's a much better deal to rent at the moment :)

Mark

Mark i really enjoy your videos as always, but you make feel like a beginner everytime :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I dunno why I'm shocked. Your vids are always off the friggin' charts, but crap man... I too feel like a beginner every time I watch one. You have me secretly pining for one of those Suhr's...

Ok here is the preset without the 2nd Gate and the midi CC's are gone, also you can keep your Global OUT 1 EQ flat. This patch is designed for direct ONLY use OUT1. I did not tweak this for OUT 2 to SLA 2/Guitar cabs.

http://files.me.com/samhillband/d0zqik

Mark

Attachments

• Mark_s_Bark_Solo.zip
    633 bytes · Views: 115
Thanks for the great vid - again - makes me wanna Learn BATM (oh to be 23 again).

Cool Shirt by the way - which reminds me - Cliff - when we gonna see those AXEFX shirts??

O.K. Mark,

That’s awesome ( as usual ), but it struck me how smooth you make it look. Your technique is very consistent from beginning to end …. Damn, I wish mine was ! I’m envious ….

I’ve got a question …. You might have answered it in one of your other threads already, but if you did, it’s buried somewhere and I just haven’t found it !

But, what are you getting ( in the recording sound wise ) from each of the three ( 3 ) differrent sources that the “Axe-direct” wouldn’t do alone ? Extra bite, extra thump, extra body, etc; etc; ?

And if you could assign a %’tage to how much of each are you using ( ie; 50% Axe-direct, 35% SM-57 & 15% Edirol, etc; etc; …. ) ? What would it be ?

I know your time is at a premium right now, but I’d be interested to hear a short clip of each solo’ed to see what they’re adding ?

Thanks –

Back
Top Bottom