Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this the nature of the net. Anonymous people, some of whom will say stuff that they wouldn’t dare say to your face. Unfortunately we are not all decent humans.
Decent folk also fall into this - imo it's not possible for anyone to act "normally" in such an environment. We are all "posing" to some extent on these forums. Though I enjoy interacting here, I cannot consider these interactions real human friendships nor would I consider the content of my posts a very good representation of who I am despite efforts to be real and descriptive. The anonymity is a very powerful influence on all + when I hear these stories of some on other forums deliberately having different persona under different accounts it all becomes too muddled to expect any kind of truely honest interaction. This forum seems to walk a bit of a higher road which can hopefully continue.

It's all fun and games until Donnie B. shows up.
For me I look at from the perspective of I don't have that kind of time to invest in all of that drama. I can barely find the time to post here let alone post on other forums. I signed up over at TGP years ago and I might have 20 or 30 posts over their in the same timeframe I have over 10k posts here.

Hard for me to say as I'm not the owner of a company that has a world famous product constantly being challenged by someone that thinks otherwise.

For what it's worth maybe it's just time to let it go and be happy where your are interacting with people you can basically get along with in this forum environment? I'm sure it's more complicated than just that I'm just thinking out loud.

It's all fun and games until Donnie B. shows up.

We can make a subforum at thegearforum just for user NotCliffChaseFromFAS to post graphs.

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

well just got another suspension , for saying that the NDSP owners seem a little more irritable sometimes , which frankly is the truth .

There is a reason they are irritable.....the QC has many software and hardware defects, and it's hard to keep defending a product that keeps bricking on people.
And before someone calls me a Fractal Fanboi - I have a QC sitting on my desk. Thankfully, mine has not bricked yet.

There is a reason they are irritable.....the QC has many software and hardware defects, and it's hard to keep defending a product that keeps bricking on people.
And before someone calls me a Fractal Fanboi - I have a QC sitting on my desk. Thankfully, mine has not bricked yet.
Have I Got A Place For You!™

I got a week-long suspension there a few months ago for saying (in a pub thread) that Chuck Todd has done a bad job of hosting Meet the Press. Fortunately, this caused me to rethink some life choices, and I haven't been back since.

I got a week-long suspension there a few months ago for saying (in a pub thread) that Chuck Todd has done a bad job of hosting Meet the Press. Fortunately, this caused me to rethink some life choices, and I haven't been back since.
What were the grounds for the suspension? Unless Chuck Todd is a TGP member (in which case they could argue that you'd violated forum rules by directly criticizing another forum member) I fail to see how that is a ban worthy sentiment.

What were the grounds for the suspension? Unless Chuck Todd is a TGP member (in which case they could argue that you'd violated forum rules by directly criticizing another forum member) I fail to see how that is a ban worthy sentiment.
I have no idea. It was enough to turn me off of participating there, though.

TGP has sucked since going all corporate. They're ridiculously touchy about anything and everything that might cause a minor disturbance and hurt their bottom line ($). I've been posting on various iterations of that board for 20+ years, and one minor post had their top dog banning me and going full power-trip when I dared to even question it. There's still good content, just because of how many people post there, but I wish there was an alternative.

Hi, TGP.

TGP has sucked since going all corporate. They're ridiculously touchy about anything and everything that might cause a minor disturbance and hurt their bottom line ($). I've been posting on various iterations of that board for 20+ years, and one minor post had their top dog banning me and going full power-trip when I dared to even question it. There's still good content, just because of how many people post there, but I wish there was an alternative.

Hi, TGP.
lucky you that you were able to question it , they banned me and then they sent me the message explaining what the infraction was , which I could not read or reply to because I was freaking banned . brilliant system

If you get banned, none of your content disappears. So someone could go to TGP and search for Fractal content
from Cliff, and the owners of TGP can profit from those views into perpetuity.

Hi, TGP.

It's basically like Facebook or Twitter anymore, which is why I don't really spend much time there compared to what I used to. I just wind up feeling like I'm alone in a room full of people that I disagree with on, well, just about everything. That's not exactly what I consider a productive use of my free time.

What if your analysis and summation is not only deeply flawed, but also just plain wrong

If you can convince me otherwise then I would have absolutely no problem saying so. Having been a part of the circus for over a decade now I'll stick with my opinion and seemingly endless supply of examples that would support it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom