Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only a matter of time before it gets consumed and added to the growing portfolio. ;)

View attachment 107504
You guys will have to forgive my ignorance because I removed myself from TGP quite some time ago. So this is true that TGP, TDPR and the LP forum are all part of some corporatized BS? That explains quite a lot. Also, is this “the gear forum” possibly a legit place without a bunch of crybabies?(generally speaking) I know a guy named Scott Peterson was very active at the TGP years ago when I was active there. Actually I think he’s a member here. Wonder if he is the “Scott” mentioned?

One day if society ever gets its head screwed on straight there will sociological studies done about how these at first simple online entities called music forums turned into havens for power mad, fascistic, failure to launch types who thank god were able to get their jollies in these places instead of places of real power. Or…maybe these are the training grounds.😬

Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

Me after clicking that site ^

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

or this ^

When the TGP admin see some of the posts over there, they are going to ban some of you for life LOL

Haha! Probably. When, and if, they do, though, they lose some of their primary view drivers on their forums. That is something that
has not yet "clicked" to the geniuses over there running the show. I mean, I do know that they know views = $$$$ revenue, right? :)

So this is true that TGP, TDPR and the LP forum are all part of some corporatized BS? That explains quite a lot.

Yes, yes, and yes. :)

And more. They made some smart acquisitions years back, and found a way to monetize us cave-dwellers talking about pedals, and Teles, and drumsticks, an are 7 strings one too many, and are Ashtray bridges a good thing or not? :)

"The site is owned by Enthused Digital, LLC. The site may contain trademarks and service marks owned by Enthused Digital, LLC. The site and all such trademarks and service marks shall at all times remain the property of Enthused Digital, LLC. Access to the site does not give you a right to copy or use any intellectual property of Enthused Digital, LLC. You may only use such intellectual property as expressly authorized in writing by Enthused Digital, LLC."

So much like the BIG social media conglomerates, they are not liable for the content of its users, but they also can claim the content as their property and sell it for data purposes, for ad revenue, and monetize that content for marketing purposes by showing how many "views" that content generates.

"By transmitting any content to our site, you grant to Enthused Digital, LLC, its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license to distribute, display, broadcast, or reproduce that content or to use or distribute that content in any manner, and to authorize the downloading and printing of a copy of the content by end-users for their individual non-commercial use."

I hope everyone can digest just what that means, and reads it again. It should make you shudder. The actual power and revenue of those "forums" is based on the users supplying content.... but you are just an expendable piece of shit and will be treated accordingly.

Yes, yes, and yes. :)

And more. They made some smart acquisitions years back, and found a way to monetize us cave-dwellers talking about pedals, and Teles, and drumsticks, an are 7 strings one too many, and are Ashtray bridges a good thing or not? :)

"The site is owned by Enthused Digital, LLC. The site may contain trademarks and service marks owned by Enthused Digital, LLC. The site and all such trademarks and service marks shall at all times remain the property of Enthused Digital, LLC. Access to the site does not give you a right to copy or use any intellectual property of Enthused Digital, LLC. You may only use such intellectual property as expressly authorized in writing by Enthused Digital, LLC."

So much like the BIG social media conglomerates, they are not liable for the content of its users, but they also can claim the content as their property and sell it for data purposes, for ad revenue, and monetize that content for marketing purposes by showing how many "views" that content generates.

"By transmitting any content to our site, you grant to Enthused Digital, LLC, its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-revocable license to distribute, display, broadcast, or reproduce that content or to use or distribute that content in any manner, and to authorize the downloading and printing of a copy of the content by end-users for their individual non-commercial use."

I hope everyone can digest just what that means, and reads it again. It should make you shudder. The actual power and revenue of those "forums" is based on the users supplying content.... but you are just an expendable piece of shit and will be treated accordingly.
I had taken a 5 year break from playing and gear buying back around 2008 or so and didn’t visit the site for that time. When I got back into the swing of things again I looked TGP up and it was as if it was taken over by the middle school kids my wife taught. Needless to say I ran afoul quickly for using big people words and attitude. It was one of my first experiences that the internet social media thing was heading in a scary direction.
…”and now I know the rest of the story”
Thanks

...One day if society ever gets its head screwed on straight there will sociological studies done about how these at first simple online entities called music forums turned into havens for power mad, fascistic, failure to launch types who thank god were able to get their jollies in these places instead of places of real power. Or…maybe these are the training grounds.😬
Definitely not limited to music or gear forums. It doesn't matter the type of forum...woodworking, cars, guns, off-roading, you name it...they all can have their share of power mad, fascistic, failure to launch types.

Definitely not limited to music or gear forums. It doesn't matter the type of forum...woodworking, cars, guns, off-roading, you name it...they all can have their share of power mad, fascistic, failure to launch types.

Yes this the nature of the net. Anonymous people, some of whom will say stuff that they wouldn’t dare say to your face. Unfortunately we are not all decent humans. Just have to try to ignore the crappy ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom