Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If companies are throwing money or free/reduced gear to shill accounts for the sole reason of swaying opinions on the internet, its pretty sad. Sending out review units is not the same thing, so long as the company understands they get an honest (but FAIR, unlike a few recent ones floating around) review. I think FAS is doing it right, personally. They don't seem to do trade shows, very little advertising and seem to frequently sell out of supply. All while innovating and upgrading their product line like no other manufacturer. Soooooooo.......like the saying goes.....they talked about Jesus, they'll talk about you, too.

They don't seem to do trade shows, very little advertising and seem to frequently sell out of supply.

To be fair...Fractal has an extremely different business model than most music gear manufacturers. Fractal has a pretty precise estimate of demand based on wait lists and can adjust manufacturing to meet it without sitting on excess inventory. Tight control of that inventory is also what keeps used prices up. Very smart. Since they are focused on an extremely niche market, advertising needs are minimal especially in the current age of influencers where a few Leon Todd videos can exceed the entire circulation of traditional publications.

II remember when the FM3 was not released yet and there was a ton of interest and the TGP FM3 thread was pretty wild. I posted a pic of some beta testers FM3/FC6 rig like it was a link to a video of that gear but instead it was a Rick Roll link. I got a 5 day suspension for that. Literally a Rick Roll post in the TGP FM3 thread. Go figure.

TGP is an entertaining forum and can be very informative. I‘ve bought and sold a ton of gear over there and had great dealings with some really good people. Recently some accounts over there were hacked and used to post fake Emporium listings where members have been ripped off, thinking they were dealing with a legitimate member with good feedback. That, plus the new tax laws have pretty much brought my gear purchases over there to a halt.

It’s a bust that Cliff got suspended/banned for basically defending his product. The guy antagonizing him had it coming. The dude was literally comparing the power amp modeling in the AXE III to a damn Marshall CODE 25 combo at one point and would just not let up on whatever point he was trying to make.

It‘s a shame but honestly Cliff, you are probably better off in the long run staying away from that place. Remember the old saying about arguing with fools…

II remember when the FM3 was not released yet and there was a ton of interest and the TGP FM3 thread was pretty wild. I posted a pic of some beta testers FM3/FC6 rig like it was a link to a video of that gear but instead it was a Rick Roll link. I got a 5 day suspension for that. Literally a Rick Roll post in the TGP FM3 thread. Go figure.

TGP is an entertaining forum and can be very informative. I‘ve bought and sold a ton of gear over there and had great dealings with some really good people. Recently some accounts over there were hacked and used to post fake Emporium listings where members have been ripped off, thinking they were dealing with a legitimate member with good feedback. That, plus the new tax laws have pretty much brought my gear purchases over there to a halt.

It’s a bust that Cliff got suspended/banned for basically defending his product. The guy antagonizing him had it coming. The dude was literally comparing the power amp modeling in the AXE III to a damn Marshall CODE 25 combo at one point and would just not let up on whatever point he was trying to make.

It‘s a shame but honestly Cliff, you are probably better off in the long run staying away from that place. Remember the old saying about arguing with fools…
"That" guy is still there.

To be fair...Fractal has an extremely different business model than most music gear manufacturers. Fractal has a pretty precise estimate of demand based on wait lists and can adjust manufacturing to meet it without sitting on excess inventory. Tight control of that inventory is also what keeps used prices up. Very smart. Since they are focused on an extremely niche market, advertising needs are minimal especially in the current age of influencers where a few Leon Todd videos can exceed the entire circulation of traditional publications.
Being in touch with your user base is never a bad thing.

I would bet that's it's even more nefarious than that. I believe that users like Kevin Thompson, Waterbound, et. al. are actually paid moles employed by Neural or its marketing agency. This is a known marketing technique and, while technically illegal in the US, is oft employed. Given how slimy Neural has behaved to this point I wouldn't put it past them to use this tactic.

If I could like a post 100 times this would be it. The fact you said it = Epic 🤣

The QC was my first foray into modelers and while I reasonably like the thing, there is a good bit of nose plugging required doing business with them.

Neural leaving the TGP like a bunch of weasels when it came time to answer some uncomfortable questions (PSU and dev pace after the egregious prelaunch theatrics) showed poor character.

Will I buy the Petrucci plug-in to get the IIC on the QC? HELL NO (until they port the plugs)

If I could like a post 100 times this would be it. The fact you said it = Epic 🤣

The QC was my first foray into modelers and while I reasonably like the thing, there is a good bit of nose plugging required doing business with them.

Neural leaving the TGP like a bunch of weasels when it came time to answer some uncomfortable questions (PSU and dev pace after the egregious prelaunch theatrics) showed poor character.

Will I buy the Petrucci plug-in to get the IIC on the QC? HELL NO (until they port the plugs)
I’m guessing they’re just putting all their focus on plugins because they can’t get parts. Smart move financially, but the plug-in market is getting pretty saturated.

I was thinking more like playing chess with a pigeon, honestly.

Yes...

For those in the FAS echo chamber engaging with the trolls results in cheers for FAS and sneers toward TGP mods and trolls.... but at TGP - it's like @FractalAudio never existed. Past posts/knowledge is gone, and future posts will be missed by a lot of future potential customers.... not sure if retreating into an echo chamber is the best move (assuming it's a temp ban and FAS is protesting re-joining TGP), but I totally get why that's the current move......

With the way threads go there; context is EVERYTHING. It is probably tough to drop in and see the full scope of discussion when you're just looking at a page full of cat gifs :D
You got a problem with Monkey on a Genelec???
4sLMoTg.jpg

TGP is like a bunch of monkeys in a cage slinging poo at each other.
No matter how many times you tell ‘em “Poo should always be flung OUT of the cage!”

Yup there’s only so much they can take when a FAS box negates all other gear. It really does obviate the need for a Gear Page at all.
It’s great for wheeling and dealing, though! I got a set of Strat pickups last night for one-third of the new price and half of what people are asking on Reverb. And I got a screaming deal on an FX8 last November.

There are some cool people over there. You’ve just gotta tuck your jeans into your boots while you’re wading through it…

I’m guessing they’re just putting all their focus on plugins because they can’t get parts. Smart move financially, but the plug-in market is getting pretty saturated.

Personally I enjoy being stuck between their two competing revenue streams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom