"Bad Horsie" (Steve Vai Electric Violin Cover) by JLynn & The Violution -- Video Out TODAY!

violynn

Hi All!
I'm JLynn, a Fractal Artist, and I utilize the Axe FX-III to emulate sounding like a guitar on my 6-string axe, and I'm very proud to share this video that is releasing today at 12 noon PST! It's my band The Violution's cover of Steve Vai's "Bad Horsie". Boy, was it a challenge!! We're typically a 5-piece band, but on this one we're a power trio, with Patrick Caccia on drums and Philip Bynoe (Steve's bassist) also joining us.
Would love your feedback and thanks for watching :)

Hi All!
I'm JLynn, a Fractal Artist, and I utilize the Axe FX-III to emulate sounding like a guitar on my 6-string axe, and I'm very proud to share this video that is releasing today at 12 noon PST! It's my band The Violution's cover of Steve Vai's "Bad Horsie". Boy, was it a challenge!! We're typically a 5-piece band, but on this one we're a power trio, with Patrick Caccia on drums and Philip Bynoe (Steve's bassist) also joining us.

Wow! Great job! This is really cool (nice tone as well!)

Hi All!

How did I miss this. That was unbelievable! I honestly prefer this to the original. Sorry Steve. 😬

Hi All!

Wow that was awesome what a cool sound totally insane Great Playing, loved this.
Never heard my grandfather who hand made violins ever sound like that. ;)

Wow that was awesome what a cool sound totally insane Great Playing, loved this.
Never heard my grandfather who hand made violins ever sound like that. ;)
Aha I love it! Thank you Freds55 🙏 Did you get to witness your grandfather making violins in his shop or try one of his instruments? I always thought that would be an amazing profession: violin-making!

Aha I love it! Thank you Freds55 🙏 Did you get to witness your grandfather making violins in his shop or try one of his instruments? I always thought that would be an amazing profession: violin-making!

Yes I did watch him work when I was young he would take me into his small shop and would show me what he was making.

He would have wood soaking in water to make it pliable he would clamp it to forms to shape.
He handmade every piece of the violins he was making. He was a very talented man and could build some very intricate pieces with wood.

I ended up with three of his violins I gave the nicest one to my niece, who plays and is also very talented. He has a patent on something he designed for the Ford motor company back when I was a kid never made very much off of it but still pretty cool.

Thanks for asking @violynn I really enjoyed your recording you are also very talented.
I wonder what my grandfather would think if he were still with us…. 😊

All The Best
Fred

Back
Top Bottom