AxeFXII Reamp VIDEO Judas Priest!!! Mark Day

Great tone - great solo - very clean and nice. Love your videos - keep 'em coming.

What's the info on the patch for that one (FX/amp/cabs)?

Great tone - great solo - very clean and nice. Love your videos - keep 'em coming.

What's the info on the patch for that one (FX/amp/cabs)?

Factory preset 370 lol and a variation of that preset. I posted the preset variation in the recording forum.
It's the HBE and a factory OH cab.

Really wonderful playing! First class all the way.

Mark, I'd sure be interested in a little insight in how you set up the delayed tracks and the final compression. I'm a total Luddite when it comes to effects and could use a few pointers.

Mark

Love the preset and your playing. I'm a newbie with the Axe FX II but I did notice that with that preset (370) if I take of the reverb and delay that the volume gets much louder. Is that intentional or is that something I need to adjust settings wise. I'm sure I've got a lot to learn!!

Thanks

MM

Bro, when you play my Avatar in my head literally just screams like Beavis and B. "yes yes yes, yeah yeah yeah, priest priest, heearheehehahe huh huh, hes so cool with those faces". As others have said you are the reason I bought my Axe 2! Keep posting and would love love loveeeeeeeeeeee for you to do some Dream Theater Tones/songs/patches.

Its funny too, you bring out the metal head in the non metal heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you guys know who you are. Oh and you made "Hungry" one of my fav. new riffs I am playing it everytime I pickup my Axes.

Mark

Love the preset and your playing. I'm a newbie with the Axe FX II but I did notice that with that preset (370) if I take of the reverb and delay that the volume gets much louder. Is that intentional or is that something I need to adjust settings wise. I'm sure I've got a lot to learn!!

Thanks

MM

I goofed on the preset I forgot to set the bypass mode for the delay and reverb blocks to Mute Out on both.
Whoops.

Mark

Very Inspired!

Hi Mark, I'm a fairly new fractal Audio member,joined early this year, with a purchase of the of the mighty Axe-fx Ultra, thanks to watching your you tube videos. This gear was just made for you! You really make it sound like what a real hi gain tube amp should sound like to me!( And I have owned many) Absolutely stunning! Keep up "INSPIRING" us all with your video clips, and yes the facial expressions are all part of it as far as I am concerned! Good Luck!;)

Mark, that was awesome!

Now, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...can you explain what exactly happened there? I watched the end of the video and read the explanation, but I'm still a little confused.

You recorded L-R dry and L-R wet into logic, then played that back into the AXE2 and played the solo along with it? Then where did the original vocal come from? Sorry, I'm confused about this whole "re-amping" thing...

If it's not too much trouble could you explain a little more? Thanks...!

Brian

Mark, that was awesome!

Now, at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...can you explain what exactly happened there? I watched the end of the video and read the explanation, but I'm still a little confused.

You recorded L-R dry and L-R wet into logic, then played that back into the AXE2 and played the solo along with it? Then where did the original vocal come from? Sorry, I'm confused about this whole "re-amping" thing...

If it's not too much trouble could you explain a little more? Thanks...!

Brian

1. Get backing track from the internet Free Guitar Backing Tracks @ GuitarBackingTrack.com This one has only the vocal, drums, bass except for the rhythm guitar during the Hellion and the rhythm during the main solo. Someone must have ripped this from Rockband or Guitar Hero.

2. I import this track into a new Logic project. I create 4 new tracks in Logic for the AxeFx. 1 is guitar left, 2 guitar right, 3 dry Left from the AxeFx input jack, 4 dry Right from the AxeFx input jack. Tracks 3 and 4 will be used for re-amping later. These tracks are all coming from the AxeFXII's USB interface. Tracks 3 and 4 are just the direct signal from your guitar that gets recorded totally dry...if you play those tracks(3+4)back they sound AWFUL..lol.

3. Now I choose a preset on the AxeII and record my performance. I will mute track 3+4 while I record so I don't hear the dry sound.

4. Now I have my AxeII's sound on track 1 and 2. I now mute all the tracks and choose the output for track 3+4 to be the input of the AxeII. I go to the I/O menu on the AxeII and choose the main input as USB instead of front in. I create two new tracks in Logic and assign the inputs to the AxeII USB ch 1+2 on those tracks.

5. Now I playback the performance in Logic and record it on the two new tracks. I am sending the dry guitar input signal tracks (3+4) back into the Axe's USB input and choosing a preset to be recorded on the two new tracks I just created.

6. Now I can continue to use the dry tracks to add new AxeFx tracks as many layers as I want. For this video I only did it once so a total of 4 tracks of guitar (plus the Hellion rhythm and harmony overdub I did). I use a sample delay to offset the re-amped tracks to avoid phase issues...this was my first attempt and I still hear some phase issues, so I need to get better at that :)

7. Now I mix all the guitar tracks and backing track. I only played the song once but now I have 4 guitar tracks thanks to the Axe's re-amping and USB interface.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Mark

1. Get backing track from the internet Free Guitar Backing Tracks @ GuitarBackingTrack.com This one has only the vocal, drums, bass except for the rhythm guitar during the Hellion and the rhythm during the main solo. Someone must have ripped this from Rockband or Guitar Hero.

2. I import this track into a new Logic project. I create 4 new tracks in Logic for the AxeFx. 1 is guitar left, 2 guitar right, 3 dry Left from the AxeFx input jack, 4 dry Right from the AxeFx input jack. Tracks 3 and 4 will be used for re-amping later. These tracks are all coming from the AxeFXII's USB interface. Tracks 3 and 4 are just the direct signal from your guitar that gets recorded totally dry...if you play those tracks(3+4)back they sound AWFUL..lol.

3. Now I choose a preset on the AxeII and record my performance. I will mute track 3+4 while I record so I don't hear the dry sound.

4. Now I have my AxeII's sound on track 1 and 2. I now mute all the tracks and choose the output for track 3+4 to be the input of the AxeII. I go to the I/O menu on the AxeII and choose the main input as USB instead of front in. I create two new tracks in Logic and assign the inputs to the AxeII USB ch 1+2 on those tracks.

5. Now I playback the performance in Logic and record it on the two new tracks. I am sending the dry guitar input signal tracks (3+4) back into the Axe's USB input and choosing a preset to be recorded on the two new tracks I just created.

6. Now I can continue to use the dry tracks to add new AxeFx tracks as many layers as I want. For this video I only did it once so a total of 4 tracks of guitar (plus the Hellion rhythm and harmony overdub I did). I use a sample delay to offset the re-amped tracks to avoid phase issues...this was my first attempt and I still hear some phase issues, so I need to get better at that :)

7. Now I mix all the guitar tracks and backing track. I only played the song once but now I have 4 guitar tracks thanks to the Axe's re-amping and USB interface.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Mark

The ease of re-amping with the USB interface in the Axe-II is THA SHIZ-NIT. This is still the major reason I want and am GAS'ing so bad for an Axe-II!

Back
Top Bottom